You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Tinydancer" started this thread

Reg: Apr 21st 2012

Children: DD and DS, now ICSI due to secondary infertility

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 3:05pm

Trigger shot timings! Late with shot, advice needed!

Hi all,
Was meant to do my trigger last night at 8.30pm. Unfortunately, i was at work and there was an emergency situation and I couldn't get to my injection and do it till 9.15pm. (3/4 hour late!).
Phoned clinic today and they weren't best pleased and said they can't change the time of the EC as other people are also booked in at specific times to their trigger shot. I have to still go in anyway and mention it again prior to collection.
Can anyone tell me if they were not exactly spot on with their trigger and if so, how this affected the outcome of the treatment.
Is there ANY leeway in the timings of the trigger shot???
Any advice gratefully received...I'm feeling devastated thinking I have messed up the whole process.
TD XXX
1st ICSI: Oct 2012
Me: Low AMH (2.12) and high FSH
DP: Oligoasthenoteratospermia
26/10/12 EC: 3 mature eggs, 1 fertilised
29/10/12 ET: Grade 3, 10 cell embie
12/11/12 - BFN :-(

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 3:19pm

I'm sure you are feeling pretty low but try not to worry too much. There must be some leeway in timings as all bodies react differently and although they will have scheduled you in at the optimum time I'm sure 45 mins won't make a huge difference.

Good Luck tomorrow x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Tinydancer (25.10.2012)

Switzerland

Reg: Oct 21st 2009

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 3:40pm

TD am sure that Curlytails is right - My clinic is hopeless with their timings when it comes to EC and am sure have gone in early and late before and it hasn't made a jot of difference. x

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 5:02pm

Hi TD,

Please don't worry most important is that you mention it again to the actual doctors doing the process. Sorry just wanted to reply quick and couldn't find the actual document right now but my clinics patient notes said EC has to be sometimes like 32-36 hours after trigger shot (again please don't look at the exact time) just meaning to say there is quite a long time. My clinc for one was always late.

However according to one of my doctors it is most important not to be TOO EARLY as then it is difficult to get the unripened eggs out of the follicles so I suppose in worst case they can just schedule you in after all the other ladies.

I am sure you are not the first one to have had the trigger at a different time and it really is not your fault there was an emergency - well done for dealing with it.

Definitely mention it to everyone you meet on the EC day even if they think you are crazy and best of luck. Your husband can do the same :-)

xxx Rianon

Tinydancer (25.10.2012)

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 5:09pm

Hi TD,

I've never gone to theatre on time so am sure being 3/4 of an hour late with your shot can't make that much difference. As Curlytails says, we all react differently to the drugs so there has to be some wiggle room. AND if it was absolutely minute critical, I doubt the clinics would trust us to do it ourselves in the first place!

Good luck with your EC - I hope you get some lovely eggies.

Connie xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Tinydancer (25.10.2012)

squidge

Reg: Apr 12th 2011

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 5:15pm

I don't think 45 minutes would make much difference. I have had IVF 3 times. Trigger shots were always at the same time on a Saturday night but EC times varied over a couple of hours on a Monday. This never seemed to affect my egg quality, fertilisation or subsequent embryo development. I am now the proud parent of girl/boy twins who are 16 weeks old today!! So happy endings do happen!

Good luck, it wont be long before you are Pupo, then fingers crossed you are posting your BFP in the next few weeks!!

All the best :thumbsup: ,

Squidge, DD and DS x

Tinydancer (25.10.2012)

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, October 25th 2012, 8:06pm

hiya

please don't quote me on this but i'm sure i was given an hour slot to do mine in, i'm sure 45min won't make that much difference.

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Tinydancer (25.10.2012)

• "Tinydancer" started this thread

Reg: Apr 21st 2012

Children: DD and DS, now ICSI due to secondary infertility

Friday, October 26th 2012, 5:28pm

Thanks for your replies ladies!
I told the staff at the clinic anyway. It can't have made much difference cos I ended up not getting my eggs collected till about 10.15am this morning, they got three lovely mature eggs which is exactly the amount we were expecting. :-)
All that worry for nothing! Lol
Thanks again,
TD xx
1st ICSI: Oct 2012
Me: Low AMH (2.12) and high FSH
DP: Oligoasthenoteratospermia
26/10/12 EC: 3 mature eggs, 1 fertilised
29/10/12 ET: Grade 3, 10 cell embie
12/11/12 - BFN :-(

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Friday, October 26th 2012, 6:14pm

Congratulations TD!! I'mglad it all worked out well in the end.

I hope you're getting some well-earned RnR now.

Sending you some :chocs:

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE