You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Natural_Horse" started this thread

Reg: May 28th 2009

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 3:05pm

teaching toddler to undress herself??

Hi ladies,

Probably a stupid thing to worry about but I have been reading online about development milestones and they say that by 18 months a toddler should be able to undress themselves.

Lily is almost 22 months and can pull her trousers down a little and can pull them up a bit, but can't take them off completely, or pull a t-shirt off. Of course she has been able to take her socks, shoes and hats off since day 1!!

Do we teach this skill? Each day, should I be getting her to undress herself or is that putting too much pressure on her?

I have no worries about her motor skills and she is quite independent but it's the only milestone she does not do for her age range. Seriously, these milestone charts create more worry than reassurance - I don't know why I keep reading them!

Reg: Feb 24th 2008

Children: 1 baby girl

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 3:18pm

I really wouldn't worry. My little girl is 24 months and she can take her socks off, a cardi, coat, shoes etc but still needs help with everything else. I think 18 months is way too early for them to be able to undress themselves. Sometimes I don't know where these people get these 'milestones' from :) They're just made up to make us feel we're failing I reckon!

2 ectopic pregnancies - 2005 & 2009
beautiful daughter born Sept 2010 thanks to IVF
IVF#3 April/May 2012 - BFN
IVF#4 in Oct/Nov 2012

Reg: Mar 24th 2009

Children: A little boy :)

What's Up?

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 3:24pm

I wouldnt worry eother. My DS has never met the milestones when he 'apparently' should do, but he gets there and i ave o worries regarding his development. He can take his socks off and pull trousers down a bit too, but apart from that he can't dress or undress and i wouldn't expect him to.

Your LO will let you know when she is ready and do it when she is! Honestly i agree with Lala, that im not sure where they get these milestones as they dont seem to be very average at all, more on the premature side!!

April 09-IVF-BFN :sadface:
Oct 09-ICSI - BFP :happy: - Little boy born on 14/07/10
June 12-ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 12 - ICSI - BFP - followed by mm/c (blighted ovum) :sadface:
April 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Aug 13 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Jan 14 - ICSI - BFN :sadface:
Oct 14 - FET - BFN (surprise surprise) :sadface:

Greeny's trying for another little froggie diary!

Reg: Feb 9th 2010

Children: 1 perfect boy born after icsi tx

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 5:00pm

Nh - Step away from those milestone charts!

Seriously, Brodie is at the same stage as Lily. He desperately tries to take his coat off when we come home from somewhere but the buttons/velcro/zip are totally beyond him at the moment. I have been teaching him to put his clothes in the washing basket every evening though and it's a big help, he really looks forward to getting undressed because of it. Only problem is he thinks shoes belong in there too!

FET JAN 2012 - 2 embies :BFN:
2 still on ice for another day xfingers

My Diary

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?

Thursday, October 18th 2012, 5:19pm

Ditto! 18 months is way too early... I wouldn't worry a scrap hon, she'll get when she's ready, no rush xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012