You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Victoria_H" started this thread

Reg: Nov 27th 2009

Saturday, September 15th 2012, 8:50pm

Slow developing embryos - request for help

Hello, my husband and I have just finished our third cycle of IVF and it was our third to fail. We have had two ICSI cycles and one mixed ICSI and IVF.

I respond well to both down regging and stimms but on all three cycles the embryos were of reduced quality and we have been told that the likelihood is that this would significantly reduce the prognosis of treatment working in any future cycles. My centre have informed me that there are no tests that can be done to find out why the embryos are slow developing. As you can imagine I am absolutely devastated but I am finding it hard to believe that there are NO tests. I was wondering if any of you knew what I should do next, who I can go to for advice or if you know of any tests? I am desperate to get some answers.

Thank you for your time.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, September 15th 2012, 9:05pm

Hi Victoria,
The only tests they can do on embryos that I am aware of are to do with genetics. Maybe someone else with come along with some suggestions. Embryology is still a very new science, developing faster now scientists can observe human embryos outside the womb, but still developing.
I would look into nutrition to improve both your egg quality and your dh sperm and hoping that good nutrition and supplements will affect the embryo quality. But try to have at least one a ppountment with a qualified nutritionist rather than taking random supplements by yourself.
For embryology tests I would look into it on the Internet or maybe ask other clinics.
Tale care

• "Victoria_H" started this thread

Reg: Nov 27th 2009

Saturday, September 15th 2012, 9:30pm

Thanks Maria. During our review appointment genetics were mentioned. What are these tests (are they the embryology tests you mention?)

Also thank you for suggesting an appointment with a nutritionist, I will look into this.

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Sunday, September 16th 2012, 12:00am

CARE do a chromosome test on embryos called Array CGH which we used for exactly these reasons.. feel free to pm me if you have specific questions :)

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Reg: May 30th 2010

Sunday, September 16th 2012, 3:43pm

Hi Victoria,

Sadly as Maria said it is quite an unknown area. Clinics still try to do things - I am not sure what your clinic tried.

My clinic offered an additional (not widely tested) growth hormone to take in hopes it will imporve my embryos quality. In some cases the change of stimulation drug can also help (e.g. Metformin instead of Gonal-F or vice versa). There are also cases when less, or milder stimulation or a different protocol (e.g. short protocol instead of long) might do the trick.

Sorry these sound quite opposite things but it all means even the doctors don't know for sure. Maria's advice about seeing a nutritionist is great at least that is something you can control yourself. Embryos quality depends on both of you as it is from and egg and a sperm. I am wishing you the very best luck for your next treatment, my daughter is the living proof that not so great embryos can result in wonderful children.

xxx Rianon

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 11 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE