You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

shin1560

• "shin1560" started this thread

Reg: Aug 25th 2012

Friday, August 31st 2012, 12:01pm

first scan for ivf

Hi all

I have just been for my first scan in prepartion for ivf and am feeling preety crap and confused. They told me they only found 5 follicles 5 on my left side i think it was and none on my right. I asked what this meant and she said its low that in order to start ivf i need to be showing at least 6, she said they will know more when they see the blood tests results , i already know from my doctor that my fsh level is 10.4 so it kind of tallys. She said that it does vary between months so i am just hoping i show more next month. I am confused though because surely when i start taking ivf meds this will help me grow more ?? or will it. i just feel like crying , can anyone advise me . ? x ;)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, August 31st 2012, 12:25pm

Hi and welcome to :FZ:
You are right you will have more follicles once you start taking the drugs. It is easier for the clinic if you have more so your chances are increased. Please don't panic about your fsh level,mits just fine. Again clinics look at that to see how well you will respond to the drugs.
Take care and good luck.

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: one beautiful daughter thank u and 4 angels in heaven

Friday, August 31st 2012, 2:14pm

Shin- Try not to worry babes as Maria said once you start taking the drugs you should get more follicles as the drugs help stimulate your ovaries. Just wanted to say Good luck on your journey and we are all here for supportXXX

shin1560

Friday, August 31st 2012, 2:57pm

thanks girls for the replies, do you know how much the drugs increase the count by roughly ?? also does the count vary much between months ?? :S

Reg: Nov 20th 2008

Children: Fingers crossed x

Friday, August 31st 2012, 5:42pm

Hi there - yes the count can vary - I've been up to 22 and down to 5 so it really just depends on how your body responds at that particular time. Often, if you are not responding as well as they'd like they can increase your meds (depending on what level you start at).

Try not to worry and good luck xx
Never give up on your dreams...they do come true.
ICSI #8, Anna born 26/2/14....the most amazing gift in the world x

Reg: May 15th 2012

Friday, August 31st 2012, 9:34pm

I only had 4 on my first scan and the clinic said it wasn't good at all but are still happy for me to try. They just tailor the protocol to your particular situation.
So if they say you can't do ivf with them, definitely try another clinic as it sounds like different clinics have different rules.
My clinic has overall success rates of 30% apparently, so I shouldn't think they'd encourage me to try if they didn't hold out some hope, as I'd be ruining their good figures.
Good luck x
Rosa

Me 38 rubbish cycles, very low amh
DH 39 rubbish sperm

Ist ICSI 6/12 - abandoned :-(
2nd ICSI 10/12 - BFN :-(
3rd ICSI 1/13 - BFN :-(
4th FET 3/13 abandoned :-(
5th FET 5/13 - BFN :-(
Taking a break over the summer

shin1560

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 10:54am

Thanks for all he replies go up his morning feeling rubbish again , aldready thinking if it does no work i will go on to use a donar ( never ever thought i would be in this situation ) , first we found out my dh has only 1 million sperm so need icsi now this , i am trying my best to think positively but its so hard. :-(

shin1560

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 10:55am

Rosa can i ask have you had ivf yet and did the drugs help you produce more ? or are you going through it at the moment ? :S

Saturday, September 1st 2012, 3:07pm

Hi Shin,
I started ivf in June but it had to be abandoned cos I got a lump in my breast. Just about to start again in a couple of weeks. So I don't know what response I'm going to have to the drugs. I know that the short flare protocol is good for people with too few follicles, which is what I'll be doing.
My husband has rubbish sperm as well (low count, morphology and motility) so I think we're in the same situation as you.
I've read so many stories here about people in the same boat who've been successful, even if it's taken 2 or 3 tries, so try not to give up hope.
Rosa

DH 39 rubbish sperm

shin1560

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 5:04pm

thanks rose21 for your reply , i am glad you got the all clear from the lump and you are able to start again. that must have been so stressful for you. yeah sounds like we are in the same boat , good luck for your forthcoming cycle . x

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 7:12pm

Thanks Shin. And please keep your chin up. I know exactly how you feel because it seemed like every time I had a scan or a blood test there would be more bad news and no hope at all. But there are protocols to suit everyone, and things change from month to month, so you have to keep trying and hoping for the best xx
Rosa

DH 39 rubbish sperm

shin1560

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 7:18pm

yeah deffo , i am gonna look on the bright side there is deffo hope , i know things change from month to month and hoping the quality is good. :o) Can i ask do you know your fsh levels ? mine are 10.4 on the last check

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 8:04pm

10 is good. Fsh changes every month anyway and depends on other jormones and the day you have the test.
Being positive is a great idea x

shin1560

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 8:56pm

thanks Maria , yeah the doctor said my 10.4 was borderline and could be worse. Just hoping and praying i produce more on the next scan and react well to the ivf drugs. I think i am doing my dh's head in talking about it all the time it started consuming my life which is not good i just need to CHILL OUT A BIT I THINK :o)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, September 2nd 2012, 9:35pm

You are right! Shame it's not as sunny any mores. So here it is just for you:
:cheeers:

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE