You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Bess

• "Bess" started this thread

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 7:39pm

How to make ET less stressful ?

Hi All,
Just wondering whether anyone has any advice. I'm hoping to have my 4th ET (this is a FET) in about 10 days and I know I've had it done 3 times before but it still really freaks me out ! I had an awful experience with a colposcopy when I was 18 and so the whole ET experience is extremely stressful for me. In fact I dread it throughout treatment and almost always end up crying as I'm about to have it done. I know it should be a lovely moment, re-uniting with my embie, but I just hate it. I have tried acupuncture before and it maybe helped a bit but not a lot. Anyone know of anything else that may help ? The clinic I'm at offer sedation (at a princely fee!) but I feel such a wuss asking for that. Any help would be much appreciated ! Thanks.
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN
FET1Sept 12- DS born May 13
FET2 Jan15 - mmc at 8 weeks 1 day ;(
IVF 4 Aug 15 - :BFP: woohoo :pray: :heart: seen at 8 and 10 weeks lurve babydust

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 7:42pm

I have heard of others having sedation. Being relaxed is better.
I've use zita west cd before and after. That helped.
Good luck xfingers

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 8:13pm

Sorry to read this stresses you out so much, I can understand why though, it's awful when bad experiences stick with you.

Have you ever tried Bart's Rescue Remedy? I've used it in the past and it has helped me to relax, obviously check with your con that it's OK to have as it's a herbal remedy and I would hate for my suggestion to interfere with tx in any way. Other than that, what about some hypnotherapy?

:goodluck: and I hope you find something that helps.

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: May 30th 2010

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 8:19pm

Why not ask for sedation if that's an option? You tried it 3 times before so you are certainly not a wuss. Who knows being relaxed in sedation might just be the missing secret ingredient.

xfingers xfingers xfingers

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 8:52pm

Awww hun could you try some rescue remedy? As a natural alternative other than that I recall on the forms we were given that there is sedation or local anesthetic you can have so if you speak to your clinic perhaps they can arrange for something to make it better for you?

Good luck for this cycle xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

Thursday, August 23rd 2012, 10:34pm

I would go with the sedation to make things easier for you. If you are tense, then everything is tense and it will be more uncomfortable getting everything in if you get me. I would check out rescue remedy before you take it just to make sure it is ok in pregnancy - just incase. It maybe is, but always best to check. xxx

Reg: Sep 14th 2010

Saturday, August 25th 2012, 11:41pm

i dont have a good time at transfer either mainly because of my bladder twice they have filled my bladder for me because i know if i fill it too much i will be in quite alot of pain but then they fill it for me so im still in pain and they dont sedate on my 1st ever transfer they sent me to the toilet 3 times to empty a bit out as much as i love having transfers the pain is just awful xx

ICSI july2011 :BFN:
FET oct 2011 xfingers

jodiedoo

Ireland

Reg: Mar 20th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
All's great here

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 1:40am

Hi
I understand completely how stressful ET is. I've had ET twice and my first experience was defo the worst. It was soooooo painful (it was as bad as getting my waters broke at 1cm by a Dr with very large hands lol!!) I too had tears in my eyes the second was by a more experienced Dr and was defo so much better as I discussed this with the clinic prior to ET. Could you maybe speak to your clinic and explain how bad your experiences have been and how much your dreading this and see if they can offer any alternatives e.g. a more experienced Dr or some relaxing drugs? My first thought when I'd read your post was Rescue Remedy, I used it on my driving test (honestly it helped a little but not so much) I think if I we're you and I dreaded ET that much I'd bite the bullet and go for sedation but maybe give the Rescue Remedy a go first and see how it works for you?
Best of luck xxx
TTC 10 years..... Me 41 Dh 48 Jodie's ICSI Diary

Bess

Sunday, August 26th 2012, 12:53pm

Thanks for all your replies ladies. I really appreciate your support. I'm going to talk to the clinic about it at my scan tomorrow. Hopefully they'll let me try something new !!
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN
IVF 4 Aug 15 - :BFP: woohoo :pray: :heart: seen at 8 and 10 weeks lurve babydust

Bess

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 4:54pm

Just thought I'd update this in case anyone else is suffering the same. I spoke to my clinic about it and said I felt sedation was a bit extreme but acupuncture was not enough. They have prescribed me temazepam for the transfer. Not had it before but hopefully it will help with the anxiety. Thanks again for your help !
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN

Reg: May 30th 2010

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 8:03pm

xfingers

jodiedoo

Ireland

Reg: Mar 20th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
All's great here

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 10:35pm

Ah that's a relief fir you Bess, hopefully that help xxx
TTC 10 years..... Me 41 Dh 48 Jodie's ICSI Diary