You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lgn

• "lgn" started this thread

Reg: Jul 4th 2009

Children: Boy age 2

Thursday, August 16th 2012, 8:23pm

Aspirin and ivf

Hi Ladies

Have had a couple of failed cycles and on pressing the clinic for any other ideas to increase my chances, one of the nurses mentioned using aspirin. Have done some reading and while evidence is undecided I would love to hear from any of you who took aspirin as part of their treatment and what was your outcome?

Thank you! ?o( ?o( ?o(

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 11:20am

Hey sorry I can be of much help didn't wanna read and run. I have been taking aspirin for a while to help me ttc but not much luck as yet. We are not going through IVF well not yet anyway. Good luck take care x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 12:52pm

Aspirin is used for specific problems, like preventing mc and to thin blood. It doesn't help conceiving as such, in fact it can intrfere with ovulation. Unless you have a specific recurrent mc problem, sticky blood syndrome or immune issues aspirin won't make any difference. Your consultant will advise you on what to do next.

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Sunday, August 19th 2012, 1:06pm

Hi there,

I took baby aspirin (85 mg/day) as part of my last cycle together with a batch of other drugs, but this is because they suspect I have problems with implantation (maybe immune issues?). Although aspirin is a very common drug that you can buy over the counter, I wouldn't necessarily start taking it without speaking with your consultant - as Maira says, it's used for specific reasons and it may not be appropriate for your situation.

Good luck with your next cycle!

Constance

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests