You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

BeeS

Ace

• "BeeS" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 5:33pm

Advice re Ovulation Induction / dodgy cycles

Hello folks

I'm hoping for some advice about injectable ovulation induction and my strange "cycle"... [zx037]

First of all, hello to anyone who remembers me! I was on these boards a couple of years ago through my epic and unsucessful Clomid journey and then through my happily short and baby-making injectable experience. I now have a gorgeous little 16-month-old boy and DH and I would like to start trying for number 2 some time soonish, knowing from experience that we cannot take for granted how horribly long (or surprisingly short) a time this could take. I know I am now in a lucky position as a mummy and I do not in any way take this for granted.

In May went to see my old clinic again (Guy's, London). Because of my history of amennorrhea (I used to have approx one bleed per year) I was straight away given a prescription for a bleed-inducing drug and the number to call to arrange scans / prescription for more injectables (which, by the way, will have to be paid for). I was advised at the same time to take a couple of months before following this up, as I had at the time only very recently finished breastfeeding and the doctor I saw suggested my body would benefit from a rest, which I think was good advice.

I was expecting, given my history, not to have any bleeds in the meantime, BUT, strange things have been going on... First I had about 2 days of very light bleeding. Then, two weeks later, I had a 4-day long light bleed. Then, another three weeks later, I had an absolutely mahoosive bleed which isn't at all painful but, to give an idea, I have been getting through two whole packets of mega night-time towels every day. It started three days ago and is starting to slow up a bit now. For a gal who expects one bleed per year, having three in less than two months is plain weird for me.

More crucially, I am now not sure what to do about following up at the hospital. Do these bleeds mean that I am ovulating on my own? Or could they just be the result of crazy hormones? Do I give it a few months and see what happens? Or do I just go ahead with the induction anyway as planned?

I will call up the hospital of course to ask them these questions, but I'm not expecting them to be very helpful unless I manage to get an appointment with a doctor there, which I fear could take aaaages. So any help or advice that anyone can offer would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 4:50am

Hi Bee, I'm afraid I will be no help but didn't want to read and run...

Personally I'd give it a few months and see if you carry on bleeding on your own. Weird things happen to AF after breastfeeding anyway. would be so fantastic if pregnancy has kick started your cycle back to some level of normality :thumbsup:

Good luck hon xxxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 8:32pm

Hey chick! How the devil are you!!!??

If you remember I was very similar to you. My AF got to one every 90 odd days. Since having LO and coming off the pill my AF's have been, well, there has been AF's!! Regularish, like every month or so, nothing like before. I actually cried cos I didn't know what was going on when it happened the first time, I thought I was bleeding to death!!

The doc I saw said that sometimes pregnancy somehow balances the hormones for people like us. If it was me I would give it a few months and see if it settles down. You never know. Plus if you've just finished BF giving your body time to return to 'normal' whatever normal may be now, can only be a good thing.

Hope you are well otherwise honey!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Hyacinth

Reg: May 6th 2008

Children: Twin girls born May 2010

Sunday, August 12th 2012, 8:49pm

Hiya BeeS, how are you and your little one? I have to agree that since the arrival of my little (now not so little!) twincredibles, I too have a regular curse not every month about every 40 days , it was quite a novelty having to go and stock up on ladies products! Only thing is it now hurts like hell and have to buy Feminax, I can now join in with the girls at work and moan about period pains. Not sure if it means I'm ovulating, never checked as my childbearing days are over , good luck with TTC no. 2 xx
Me: PCOS DH: SA normal

Oct 08 - March 09 = 6x cycles of Clomid all :BFN:

started Ovulation Induction

June 09:Menapur 75 and Pregnyl - :BFN:

July 09: Menapur 150 and Pregnyl - :BFN:
Oct 2009 :Menapur 150 + 225 and Pregnyl - :BFP: :girl: :girl:

BeeS

Ace

• "BeeS" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 12:32pm

Hi everyone and thank you for the lovely and supportive messages!

Hyacinth, woo! How are you and the twincredibles? I bet they keep you VERY busy. Interesting to hear about your experience of 40-day cycles - perhaps mine is going to be similar as I've just had another bleed 38 days after my last one. I might take my temps this month to see whether I can tell if I'm ovulating... like you, I wouldn't want to make that assumption!

Flic, great to hear from you! How are things with you and little O?! Thanks for the good advice! And good to hear that your cycle settled too - isn't it bizarre? I am very pleased by the prospect of a new "normal" even if it does mean cramps and shopping for sanitary towels... Who would have thought such things could be so exciting?

I am going to do just what you all suggest and wait to see what happens... but I shall keep my prescription safely tucked in my sock drawer for a rainy day...

blowkiss
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE