You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Miraclebaby" started this thread

Reg: Dec 16th 2007

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 3:20pm

Worse LAD re-test results following 2 LIT treatment

Hi all,

Got results of retest of LAD today after two LIT treatments. All the results are dramatically worse than before treatment. WTF! [B cells] IgG has gone from 7.6 to 6.2 (Dr Gorgy wanted it to go up to 50%!) and [B cells] IgM has gone from 31.6 to 9.5. Utterly depressed as this journey seems to be one step forward, three steps backwards.

Any chance the test results are mistaken? It just doesn't make any sense to me that LIT did nothing but worsen things. Has anyone experienced this? My period is imminent and the plan is to start pill and treatment. What do I do, postpone treatment yet again when so far, all my post treatment results have been much worse following treatment with no guarantee that any of the treatment is working for me? So so depressed about all of this.

The whole point of the immune treatment is to feel we're doing something different from 4 failed fresh ICSI cycles. I now feel totally dejected and have little confidence in a new cycle having better results than last ones when everything appear worse than when we started. :-(

xx
TTC 13 yrs; Me: 44
1-4 ICSI: BFN
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
4. IMSI Immune Dr Gorgy:bio BFP
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
7 FET Dr G 8/13: failed BFP
8 PICSI 2014 BFN
9th - Me, myself and I. Serum hysteroscopy with implantation cuts Oct 2017; Serum FET Nov/Dec 2017? I'm now on my own following shock divorce. Keeping positive that I finally get my Miraclebaby.

The end of this journey shall justify the pains. I must win this fight

Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 5:24am

Hi miraclebaby. I'm sorry about this.
You need to remember that field of reproductive immunology is experimental, and still a bit unknown. I have seen that happen with Humira before. It may be that your body needs more time to adjust to the treatment. You may also still be able to cycle but with IVIGs. You'll have to speak with Dr Gorgy and see what he says.
Take care.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 9:51am

Thanks Maria. Dr Gorgy is on holiday until 6th August but I'll try to get a message to him as I need to start taking the pill probably tomorrow. Thank you. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN
9th - Me, myself and I. Serum hysteroscopy with implantation cuts Oct 2017; Serum FET Nov/Dec 2017? I'm now on my own following shock divorce. Keeping positive that I finally get my Miraclebaby.

Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 5:21am

Take the pill anyway. As I said they can use IVIGs if they need to or your levels might just come down more slowly.

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 10:31am

Thank you. I'm starting the pill on Saturday. Dr Gorgy is back on Monday. I'll probably have donor LIT and IVIG as my 3rd TH1:TH2 has also come back still very bad after 4 humira and intralips. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, August 3rd 2012, 6:06am

I think as long as they are checking you while you have the treatment you still have a good chance.
Start the pill Saturday and then talk to Dr G on Monday. He will come up with a plan x

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 1:10pm

Thanks Maria. x
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 1:48pm

For completion in case anyone has similar issues in the future and sees this query, because there was no change in my LAD after two LITS, Dr Gorgy wants me to have 2 pooled LITs, where DH's blood, and blood from 3 or 4 donors are used to shock my immune system into producing antibodies. Needless to say, pooled LIT is even more expensive than normal LIT. I'm scared shit.less by the idea of being injected with blood from unknown men with unknown se.xual and medical histories but we've started, so we must finish!!

Also, following bad TH1:TH2 retests, Dr Gorgy advised us to postpone starting a cycle for yet another month. Because of my bad TH1:TH2 (following 4 humiras and 1 intralipids), I've had a second intralipids this week, and will be having those every 4 weeks. I will also have intralipids and IVIG during stimming.

Good luck all.

x
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Friday, August 17th 2012, 11:48pm

Hang on in there hun. Big hugs.

Xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 5:36am

It sound like a tough plan, but it may be just what you need. good luck xfingers

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 2:07pm

Thanks so much Chatterbox and Maria. So sorry for late reply, I've only just seen your posts. Take care and lots of love. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE