You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "KAREN198055" started this thread

Reg: Jun 21st 2012

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 9:11pm

where do i go next?

Hi everyone

i have posted over on the miscarriages board but thought i would come over here to ask you ladies for advise! To cut a long story short ive had 5 miscarriages all before 6 weeks following IVF. After alot of arguing with my gynae i got myself refered to the womans in Liverpool for recurrent MC testing. My lupus antibodies are high so i need blood thinners and in addition i also need HCG injections and high dose folic acid. Ive looked into the world of immunology a few times and really dont think i can self fund it but still i need to consider it.

My questions really is if they have found a reason for my miscarriages is a reasonable to hope that i dont have immune probs too?? Or are there ladies out there who have both?? I can find lots of info on the two topics but not the two together, if theyre related etc

Thank you x
TTC 2004
5 IVF = 3 Early MC ;(

FET sept 2012 Tentative BFP please please stick little bean

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 9:27am

Hi Karen,
only a doctor can tell you this after the appropriate blood tests. You have had the level one done, now you can try the level 2 tests if you want to find out more.
Sorry I can't give you more info.
Maria

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 10:22pm

Hi Karen same as Maria says think about having the level 2 Chicago tests done.

They are quite pricey but worth every penny as then a Doctor who deals with immunology will know exactly how to treat you.

Sorry for all your losses honey may I hope this brings you refreshed hope and determination xxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

lief

Ace

Reg: Aug 11th 2011

Children: none but very hopeful

Wednesday, June 27th 2012, 10:52am

Hi Karen,
If you can afford the level 2 tests, go for it. There is no need to have to experience a sixth mc, like I did. Maria is right, only a dr and the tests can tell you why you are have repeated mc's.
If you need more info have a look at my diary...It will give you hope!
L
me 35 dh 42
6 natural bfp all mcs
1 bfp thru ICSI June 2011 but mc
Sept 2011 FET with immuno meds BFN
Nov-Dec 2011 ICSI with Immuun tx BFP
Seen [zx076] [zx076] at 6.5, 8.5, 10.5 and 12.5 weeks

http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…1046&highlight=
:angel2:

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Friday, June 29th 2012, 10:55pm

Hi Karen

I experienced 5 losses in 6 x IVF cycles and so I would have to recommend the level 2 tests if only to save you the heartache of a further m/c. Who knows if thinners and high dose folic acid would be enough for you... maybe it would, let's hope that's all there is to it. But for the sake of about £1k, it's worth knowing. I had 3 losses while toying with the idea of level 2 tests - these may have been avoided (along with the cost of IVF) had I listened to the ladies here and my gut - and gone for the tests.

I know it's expensive but when you've gone as far as you have down the line I think you need to rule out everything. Thinking of you.

xxx

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE