You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 12 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sharon80

• "Sharon80" started this thread

Reg: Jun 18th 2012

Monday, June 18th 2012, 9:41pm

Feeling a little lonely, and hoping you guys can help!

Hi folks,

I am very new to this so please bear with me!! So a little about me, my husband and I have been trying to conceive our second child for two years, in August last year I was diagnosed with PCOS and potential endometriosis.

Our consultant suggested that we try a combination of clomid and metformin which we did, however last month he took us off it saying that it was unlikely to work for us (we were on it for 8 months). He suggested that we consider ovarian drilling, but I don't know very much about it, every time I do look at something online it's always followed by "controversial" do any of you guys have any experience of this.

I just feel like none of my friends can truly appreciate what I'm going through and it at times I feel really lonely and isolated. Is this normal? I very much look forward to hearing from any of you.

Thank you in advance.

Sharon

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Monday, June 18th 2012, 9:51pm

Hi, there's no need to feel lonely as we all understand.

One of our moderators had ovarian drilling and now has a beautiful daughter. I'll ask her to say hello.

Good luck xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Monday, June 18th 2012, 9:53pm

Hi Sharon and welcome to FZ. So sorry you are going through this and feeling lonely. This road definitely is isolating though, I am the same and have no 'real life' friends going through anything similar so joining this site 4 years ago was a complete godsend and has kept me (relatively) sane! I am afraid I know nothing about the drugs you have had or ovarian drilling but I am sure somebody who does will be along very soon.

Wishing you so much luck xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept 18 - BFP but Ectopic MTX 7+4

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:04pm

It was me!!!! I had ovarian drilling!!

What they do is burn small holes in the ovaries and this can aid ovulation.

It's important that you are fit and of a healthy BMI too as PCOS is a nightmare for making it difficult to lose weight.

I was in hospital for a day, went in in the morning an came home by the evening. For me it's the thing that worked. Clomid didn't work for me and I ended up overstimulated which resulted in my having to go to have a load of cysts removed but I had my ovaries drilled at the same time.

If you have a look in the PCOS section there's a thread on there all about it.

It's not a guarantee that it will make you ovulate but for me the next step was going to be IVF and my consultant did this for me in preparation or IVF. I fell of the month after I had it done. There is also anther member who had it done and fell pg the same month!!

Speak to your consultant a bit more. For me it was another thing to try as I was willing to try anything.

I understand how lonely this all is too. Check out the trying again section too. There are lots of ladies who are ttc for siblings for their LO's.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, June 18th 2012, 10:56pm

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

This is the thread Flic told you about, ** OVARIAN DRILLING QUESTIONS & CHAT **

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a secondary infertility/trying again section HERE where you can talk to others in a similar position to yourself.

There is a trying again chatter thread HERE where you can get to know some of the others trying again.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a PCOS section HERE there is loads of information here and also a really useful guide to weight and PCOS HERE

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey