You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Phoebe" started this thread

Reg: Nov 13th 2008

Children: In my head, I'm a mother of two.

Monday, June 18th 2012, 3:45pm

Clearblue Fertilty Monitor query AGAIN!

Hi

I'm using the cb fertilty monitor for the third cycle in a row but the 7th cycle in total.

This cycle I started testing on cd 6 and it's now cd 20 and it's still asking me to test. Why?? I've already had two peak days and several highs. Bit cross as I've had to start using next month's ten sticks (we had 4 left over from last cycle) and I really don't want to buy more. I don't understand why it's getting me to test for so long, it's never done that before. Last cycle I tested from cd 6, had my highs and peaks but got my period on cd 24 which was super early.

Very confused! Any ideas why this is happening??

Phoebs
IVF 2009 = DD
Aug '11 natural bfp 5 yrs ttc m/c @ 8.5w
Dec '11 natural bfp m/c @ 6.5w
Oct/Nov '12 IVF no embryo to transfer

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 5:07pm

dont quote me, but i think it might have something to do with the fact we sometimes dont ovulate that month. mine has been brilliant, last month it detected my 'peak' day but this month its sticking with just high. so i think it needs to keep testing, to see if it finds the peak. but im peeing religiously lol.

will be goin on ebay to get more sticks as i think this is goin to be a long month.

but that is just my thoughts on it, maybe someone else will be along soon with a definitive answer. also have you been doing it religiously, or a bit hit and miss. if hit and miss then that will also make it ask you to test more.

anyhow, good luck

xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 5:14pm

I think you get asked to test in blocks of ten. If it hadn't picked up your peak in the first set of ten, it will keep requesting tests for the next ten days even if you peaked in days 11 and 12. I always stopped using them after I peaked as couldn't see the point!

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 7:32am

Thanks both. I think that the ten test block thing must be it - day 6 to 15 is ten tests and I didn't peak until 16/17. Blinking nuisance, now I only have 7 sticks left for next month if it hasn't worked this month. I wonder if I don't test for several of the first few days whether it would screw up the whole cycle? What do you think? I've been so precise (anally so!) with it that I'd hate to mess it up.

Getting a bit disillusioned with it now though. Keep thinking it should have worked by now like it did twice last year. :-(

Phoebsxx
IVF 2009 = DD

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 11:32pm

I think it would yeah.

try ebay for sticks. they are,a bit cheaper.

anyhow heres hoping you dont need it next month fingers x'ed

xxx :thumbsup:
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

rb76

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 5:34am

It should request the first stick a bit later next month, mine shifted to Day 9. Good luck!

March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 8:17pm

Monitor requested testing from day 6 again, third cycle in a row. Weird. Don't know why it would suddenly start doung that after 3 other cycles. Anyway, didn't test on day 6, 7 or 8 because we had so few sticks left. Going to start tomorrow and see if it buggers the whole thing up or not.

Getting fed up with not being pregnant and wanting to be.

Pooooo to miscarriages!

Phoebs x
IVF 2009 = DD

rb76

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 9:19pm

I used to do that as well, not test if it requested them so early. I found that it was very good for detecting ovulation actually but since we've since had immune issues picked up the monitor on its own didn't help! Good luck though sounds like you have the measure of it now! I found the sticks were a bit cheaper on Amazon

My Diary