You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Wednesday, May 17th 2017, 10:49pm

Hi everyone. Thanks, I had a lovely time away. Was only one night but nice to have a bit of me time for a change.

Oh net, I hope you are feeling better and congratulations on your anniversary! Work is such a pain, isn't it? I'm glad you were able to work at home though. I'm lucky enough to be able to do that too and it really does help when you don't have to see other people lol!

Ladies, what do you all do for your little ones birthdays? R is 2 in a few weeks and I want to have a little party for him but don't want loads of expense or fuss. Last year I just had family over to our house and some food, cake etc and the kids just all pottered around in the garden. Would I need something more organised this year? I'm going to invite a few friends with kids of similar age but not sure what is expected for these things! Would love some suggestions!

Hope you are all good xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Thursday, May 18th 2017, 3:19am

Hi ashastar, I would just do something similar to your last one, maybe throw in a couple of party games (pass the parcel etc!!) Other than that they are not interested in their party still haha!! Z Has just turned 5 and only just started to get interested now, I honestly wouldn't spend a fortune!!

Just a quick one as up feeding T will catch up more tomorrow.
Hi to everyone :) xx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, May 18th 2017, 8:26pm

Thanks ashastar. I have to say I only did family stuff for L until her 4th b day then we had a soft play party but honestly I wish I hadn't as she wasn't fussed lol and it cost me best part of £300 once the cake, party bags etc had all been taken into account!!!

Sat in our caravan in the pouring rain but at least I'm not at work!!!! E crashed at 7 but L still going strong!
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Friday, May 19th 2017, 3:34pm

Hi ladies,

Happy belated anniversary Net. We celebrated our 10th a few months back and had to laugh from the couple who didn't want kids when we first met to how has we ended up 15 years on with 5 kids!! Hope you're feeling better. There's so much going around lately.

How's everyone else?

We really have been the house of sickness for last 3-4 weeks and I'm knackered now. DH was diagnosed with pneumonia and K has been off sick all week from school with a chest infection too. She has just been diagnosed as have moderate to severe dyslexia and I feel so sorry for her. She struggles so much with her reading but her twin is flying in school and is top in everything. Is hard to see her working hard to achieve so little when her sis just sails on through.

Net we are still hope to move to England and are just working through the logistics of it. I hope it'll happen but if not now then in a could years we will go.

I have booked for my twins and I to go to Florida at hallowe'en whilst DH stays home and looks after the youngest 3. It was his idea and I'll miss him but us girlies will have a ball. I cannot wait xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Saturday, May 20th 2017, 11:36am

Oh ladies I'm going mad we r on week 3 of non stop illness last night was terrible think I had about 2hrs sleep A was screaming and going rigid only ok when we were stood up with her so basically took that in turns all night long. Don't know what's wrong with her, last sat she was sick all day but she hasn't been sick since, poor soul still saying not feel well and asking for the doctor I just feel helpless don't know what to do for her. ;(
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

What's Up?

Saturday, May 20th 2017, 6:42pm

I feel your pain Pip I really do.

I'd take her to ou of hours doc as she may have throat or ear infection and they can't tell us properly xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Pip (21.05.2017)

Net

Monday, May 22nd 2017, 9:55pm

Sorry to read about all the illness ladies, I do sympathise, we've had enough of it in our house this year! How are the girls now Pip? And Heather sorry to hear about all the illness in your house - how is everyone now?

Hi everyone! Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Wednesday, May 31st 2017, 12:50pm

Hi ladies,

Anyone else been having problems getting on to the site??

Well I think we are mostly over illness in our house except for DH and me. Hubby's pneumonia is still lingering a bit although he's back to work and struggling on!!

Has anyone else had proms after section with UTIs and bleeding in between AF. Been having so many problems over last couple of months. Having loads of tests and tbh I'm a bit scared that it's something serious. Dr Google is scaring me :-(

How's everyone else keeping? Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

What's Up?

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 8:42pm

Hi ladies, hope everyone is ok?!

I wanted to mark an occasion as tomorrow it's L's 4th birthday and H's 2nd birthday. We are having a big party at the house and it should be really good. I can remember the excitement of this night waiting to go into hospital and the excitement of getting to meet our new bundles of joy x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 9:56pm

Hi Heather, happy birthday to L and H! H is exactly a week older than R. He is 2 next Sunday and I am having a wee party too. I hope you have a lovely day. It's hard to believe the time is going so quickly. I'm desperate for another one!
Hope everything is ok with you. I didn't experience any problems after my section but I've only had one so maybe one of the other ladies can advise better. I'm sure everything will be fine.

Hope everyone else is well? So quiet here now. xx
Ashastar

Net

Monday, June 5th 2017, 10:34pm

Hi all

Sorry for being so quiet. Work is crazy and I've been ill then E has been really ill all weekend with a 39.7 temp and generally just so listless and unhappy. Her fever broke today but she has literally not stopped crying. Poor L has looked after herself all day really as I have had to work and DH has looked after E. I think she just has a really bad cold but if it's same level of crying tomorrow will take her to the doctor.

Heather I hope all is ok with you - I'm sure it's just connected with the section and try not to scare yourself with dr google. Happy happy birthday to L and H too! What a lovely thing that they are born on the same date two years apart!

Ashastar happy birthday to R! And pip it must be the girls' birthday soon?

Hi to everyone else - cheenab, jasper, wardie and everyone else. Yes the site is sooooo quiet these days - it's such a shame when I think back to how busy it used to be. I don't really know what happened to all the main moderators etc - only CT left these days! ( hello!)

Take care all. Off to bed now to get some sleep. Dreading work tomorrow. My office is in London Bridge and I used to drink in all the bars caught up in the attacks over the weekend. It's really brought it all home as that a my part of London where I have worked for years. Just so awfully sad. X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 3:21pm

Hi ladies, party went brilliantly although as ever I'm so busy organising I don't get the chance to talk to anyone!!

Ashatar hope the party goes well this weekend. Time really does fly. P is a few days off 5 months...

Net hope E is getting better and definitely take her to docs if no improvement. I'm taking L this afternoon as she's had a bad cough for a couple of months that I think is asthma as it's worse at night and in the heat but we off to France on Saturday and I want some medicine for her in case it gets worse. I'm being poked and prodded this afternoon so that'll be fun.

We have a couple coming back for a second viewing of our house tonight so hopefully they'll make an offer that we can accept and we can make the move to awnhland. So many moving parts to coordinate it pickles my head at times!!

Hope everyone else is ok. I do miss how busy it was on the site xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

• "Curlytails" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Monday, June 12th 2017, 4:21pm

Hi ladies, I know I dont post in here often but I do read and see how you are all doing. I know the site is really quiet nowadays but we have had some new members recently. Could you possibly pop into the newbie section and say hello and offer support? Hopefully that will encourage them to stick around.

Thank you x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (16.06.2017)

Pip

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 9:17pm

Hi all, how is everyone?
Will do CT, this site was a lifeline for me.
Hope u r doing well with your DS and new LO.

Ashstar lovely pics on fb hope R had s fab birthday
Heather hope u r all better now, any news on the move?

Cheenab have things settled down any?
Wardie how was ur holiday?
Net hope u and girls are well

We r due to go on holiday, Majorca on sat. Olivia has an ear infection in both ears, started antibiotics yesterday but we need to go back to drs on Friday to see if she is fit to fly. Meanwhile I'm doing all the organising and buying as if we r going but don't know so I'm stressing out. Things with DH been a bit strained of late, he has been out allot work overnights and with friends so feel like I've had the brunt of it but need to just shrug it off I suppose as he doesn't realise
Hope everyone else is good
xx

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, June 15th 2017, 2:22pm

Hi ladies

Hope your all well, I've not been on for a long time but looking for some advice.

My Ds will be 5 next month and still isn't toilet trained at night, we have tried lifting him, regular toilet stops during the day, limiting liquid near bed time but still no use, we have never had a dry night, I think it's just one of those things that will come in time but any advice would be appreciated.

Not much new, we were approved to adopt in December and still waiting for a match, to say we are less than impressed would be an understatement but that's a story for another day.

Good to see some old faces still hanging around.

X
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Friday, June 16th 2017, 10:37pm

Hi everyone,

Oh pip, what a nightmare! I hope she is ok and you are able to get away. I'm sure you would all be so disappointed if you can't go.

Sasha welcome back! Sorry I can't help with the toilet training as I haven't had to go through that fun yet! A girl I work with though has a little boy who is over 5 and isn't dry at night either. I think she just does all the things you mentioned. One of the other ladies might have some advice. That's brilliant you've been approved for adoption. Was it a difficult process? It is something we might consider in the future if we are unable to have another naturally.

Hope everyone else is ok xx
Ashastar

Net

Friday, June 16th 2017, 11:03pm

Hello all

Heather how are you doing? Any house/ job need? Hope you're ok

Pip did you manage to get away? How stressful!

Hi sasha! Nice to see you. My friend's DD wasn't dry until 6 I think - I do think it's more conmon than you'd think. I was very lucky with DD1 she just seemed to be dry at night at the same time as she was dry in the day. She hardly drinks though so that's probably why lol! Sorry the adoption process is taking so long, must be so frustrating

Ashastar did R have a good birthday?

Hi everyone else!

Finally emerging from two weeks of E being ill. After her virus she got tonsillitis and has been so poorly bless her but definitely on the mend now. We've been a bit house bound as a result but I took L to London today for a check up at the hospital. We went for lunch in Pizza Hut and generally had a nice day together! Still working crazy hours, got back from London and started work at 4pm and have only just shut my laptop! Honestly if I could find another part time job I would just leave but they are so few and far between in finance I feel so trapped. But Going to a summer fete tomorrow at L's new school. Can't believe she starts school in September! Have a good eeekend everyone x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Sunday, June 25th 2017, 12:15am

Net hope the illness has passed and E is all better. It's very hard when you've to work such long hours. Takes its toll!!

Pip hope you managed to get away.

Sasha one of our 7 year olds still wets the bed most nights. She is improving though from every night to having 3-4 nights dry and the same then wet etc. She sees the eneurisis nurse and the advice she gave was that she doesn't drink anywhere nearly enoug (it's true she drinks very little) LOs need to be drinking at least 1.2 litres everybday. She explained that the bladder needs to get used to being able to hold more liquid, she also has to count to 10 elephants before she goes to the toilet so that her urgency problem improves, no drinking for 1.5 hours before bed, really reduce chocolate and. O fizzy drinks as they irritate the bladder. Once they hit 7 they can be referred by GP to bed wetting nurse to be assessed but certainly in NI they won't see them before age 7 as most will grow out of it by then.

Well we got back from France on Thursday. Kids had a ball and were amazing in the really hot temps but not sure camping, even posh camping is for us!! In the post holiday blues phase now and I'm back to work a month today and it's so depressing!!!

Hope you're all well xxx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 10:52pm

Hi everyone,

Heather glad you had a good holiday. Horrible that you are back to work so soon though. There's nothing more depressing.

Pip looks like you had a ball on your holiday. Girls looked like they had a brilliant time. We are heading to Spain in September. Really looking forward to it. I think R will be a good age to enjoy it. Last year when he was younger it was a bit stressful!

I'm looking some advice ladies. I know a lot of your little ones are great talkers but does anyone have any experience of speech delay? R really doesn't talk much and he was 2 a couple of weeks ago. He is really bright and understands everything we say to him but he mostly communicates by grunting and pointing! Every now and then he will say something really clearly but he is definitely delayed with his talking. I hadn't been too concerned as I know they all develop at different rates but people have started to comment on it and now I'm starting to get a bit worried. Should I take him to the doctor?

Hope you are all ok xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Saturday, July 1st 2017, 11:51pm

Just a quick reply Ashatar - H doesn't talk at all and he turned 2 a month ago. The place to start is with your HV who will come out for the 2 year review, although they usually leave it until about 2 years and 4 months as most who aren't talking will have the 50 words by then. Even when the HV refers to speech therapist he'll need to have his hearing tested because if he hasn't had it done they will then send for it to be done and more delay. As with NHS there are long delays. We are getting H's hearing tested privately and then our HV is referring him if the hearing test is ok.

Unless he has other symptoms which you certainly don't describe. It will be ok and remember with him being premature you need to take that time off his age so he's doing great Ashatar x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Sunday, July 2nd 2017, 9:14pm

Thanks heather. It's reassuring to hear he isn't the only one not talking! No, he definitely doesn't have any other symptoms and understands everything we say to him. I'm certain there's nothing wrong with his hearing either so hopefully it will just click one of these days. Did you approach the hv about H? I haven't seen ours since R's one year review over a year ago. No one has been in touch about his 2 year review. Do you think I should ring her or just wait?

Thanks again for your help xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 12:22pm

I've only seen mine because of P and have spoken to her about H when she was here to see P. I'd personally ring as my 2 year review of L never happened!! Wasn't an issue as if no concerns about her but it's easy to see how some kids slip through the net x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Monday, July 3rd 2017, 9:51pm

Thanks heather. I think I will give it another few weeks and then give her a ring. It's not like he isn't saying anything - he constantly makes noise and sounds like he's trying to talk and can say a few sentences like 'there you go' when he hands me something. It's just that in comparison to some other kids his age he is saying very little. I really wasn't overly concerned but lately my horrible sister in law has been making snide comments and going on about how advanced her children are (which they definitely aren't but that's another story!!) and making me paranoid. There really is always something to stress about, isn't there?! xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 12:00am

Tell her where to stick it Ashatar!! I remember my nephew walking a 10 months and us thinking he'll be really sporty but he has 2 left feet and no sporting talent at all!!!

I'd love H to be saying a few short sentences so really don't worry and he'll get there in his own time xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 12:50pm

Hi all sorry I haven't been on in ages, ashstar really do t worry I'm a great believer they all do things in their own time, A is s great talker sings talks in sentences the lot O still just single words, drink, more etc and we do the same with both so each to their own

Girls turn 2 on Thursday can't believe it! They r getting grown up now tho. We had a lovely holiday in the sun and r having a wee family party at the weekend for them.

Things with DH and I had also been a bit strained but allot better since the holiday, I think he has a bit more appreciation of how full on the girls can be so making a bit more effort to come home at a reasonable time.

Hope everyone is well
xx

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 5:58pm

Thanks ladies. Heather I'm sure H will start talking soon too. They do say boys are generally slower to talk, don't they? I'd love to tell my sister in law what I think if her lol! She's one of those people who is always comparing their kids to everyone else's and making comments and being competitive. I just can't be bothered with it.

Pip it's funny how they are different! I will just stop stressing and let him take his time. I'm a bit reluctant to go looking for a speech therapy referral as I can't really see what they would be able to do. I can't imagine him sitting cooperating with them lol!

It's scary how quickly our babies are growing! I hope the girls have a lovely 2nd birthday. I really think this 2nd year went in even faster than the first. When I was planning R's 2nd birthday party I felt like it was only a few months since I'd organised his first! Glad things are better with your DH and that you had a good holiday.

Not sure if anyone else stills comes on here but hope everyone is well anyway xx
Ashastar

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 6:41pm

Hi everyone,

Life is very manic here. Building work is coming to an end! It's not been too stressful but I'm looking forward to not having any tradesmen around. I just don't feel like I can relax! The have done an amazing job and we have 2 extra bedrooms and a kitchen diner. I'm hoping to fall in love with my house again as I'd fallen out of love with it

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 6:42pm

Oh no typed a long post and it's gone

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 4th 2017, 6:43pm

And again....I give up

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 5th 2017, 12:03pm

Hey Jasper and Pip and Ashatar and everyone else !!

Glad the holiday went well Pip and that things are improving with your DH. Sometimes it does good for them to see how much work it takes to appreciate the busyness.

Jasper great news on the home front. If our house doesn't sell and we can't get our move to England we will convert our roofspace.

Had H at the ENT doc so his hearing is perfect which I knew but it was needed for the Speech Therapy referral to be progressed faster. He's also back into to the paediatrician avenue as with his excess fluid, his speech delay and the constant falling over that developed recently. I really really hope he's ok but whatever we'll manage :-)
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

cheenab

What's Up?

Friday, July 7th 2017, 11:20pm

Hi ladies,

Hope you all are well?
Sorry for lack of posting, but I have been popping on to have a read.
Jasper/Heather how do you cope with 3(+) I swear some days I just go through the motions in a bit of a fog, it's bloody hard work.
Remember the early days when I said we had to always hold T because F would pounce on him, well that's backfired on us because the little monkey wants to be held ALL the time now, literally screams the place down if you put him down for more than a couple of minutes, night time is a nightmare he goes down but then wakes up, not for milk.. for a cuddle!!! And literally wants to snuggle all night!! It's so exhausting, I don't sleep right because he ends up in with me most nights!!! He's been referred to a paedtrician because he is always sick and always seems to be in windy type pain, gaviscon doesn't help at all :( he has a hernia on his tummy too which they are keeping an eye on, bless him he smiles loads but never seems like a happy baby he just always seems like his in pain, I feel helpless. F is slightly better with him still tries to kiss him constantly but he's being a bit more gentle and I find if I get him to do little jobs it makes him really happy :) also he's started to do some wees and poos on the toilet so we have made a massive fuss out of that too so he is really loving the attention, he's still a little monkey 90% of the time, but he's getting there slowly!!

Hope all of you and your little ones are doing well :) love seeing piccies of the ones on fb :) xxx

What's Up?

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 10:41am

Sorry you're finding these a bit tough at the mo Cheenab. About needing cuddles all the time it is v tiring but when they're not well it's hard to let them cry it out but when you know he's ok and just wanting lifted a few mins crying it out won't do nay harm other than to your conscience Hun. I'm convinced mine are all good because I've never had the luxury of lifting them up for every little crying spell or they have to wait a few mins before I can tend to them as some other disaster or fall has happened to one of the bigger ones, lol !!

When Ch was a baby she sounds like T does. I can't remember if you're BF but if not I'd ask for Infamel AR. It's a fab baby milk powder on prescription. Works loads better than gaviscon but docs don't like to prescribe as it's expensive. If BF try cutting out your dairy to see if that helps. I'd also get him checked for a UTI. cH had a raging UTI that no-one had picked up but they got me to collect a urine sample and she had an awful UTI but no real other symptoms, i.e. Temp etc. It's worth just ruling it out while waiting for the paediatrician appt. sorry if these have already been tried xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 6:59pm

Hi all

Sorry for the silence- we've been on holiday in Dorset. It was great fun and the weather was amazing but omg at times it was challenging! E is having proper full on slam her head on the floor tantrums screaming no no no no at the top of her voice. I never had this with L at all so not sure quite how to handle her. I try to ignore as much as possible but at one point she was smacking her head in the floor which was covered in stones ( we were on a campsite), so I had to intervene. I struggle at times with how little time I get for me ( or for me and DH) as the girls are so full on. It all in all I had a lovely time and the girls had a blast. L is a total water baby so loved the campsite pool and she also went in the sea with DH on her little surf board. E was more reluctant in the pool but got there eventually!

Heather I have written in your diary but I do hope all is ok with H.

Pip happy second b day to the girls! Your holiday photos were fab on Facebook

Cheenab - have you asked the doctor about reflux? Heather has some good advice - a fairy intolerance might also be an issue and the two often go together. E had a dairy intolerance - I was breastfeeding so gave up dairy myself but if your bottle feeding there's loads of alternatives if that's the issue. But I would defo get reflux checked out. Glad F is doing so well. He looks like such a cheeky little chap!!

Ashastar I think all little ones develop very differently. L was really ahead with her talking, much much more than E. I think the other ladies have given some great advice already on this, so good luck I'm sure all is fine x your sister in law is not being helpful is she!!

Jasper glad the building work is almost complete. The dust is such a pain isn't it but will all be worth it!

Hello to anyone else reading! Hope you're all well.

Other than our holiday not much else going on here. Am dreading returning to work on Monday! Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 7:01pm

Oh and cheenab - L used to scream blue murder every time we put her down when she was T's age - but she gradually just grew out of it. Have you got a sling you can use in the daytime to free up your hands? X
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, July 8th 2017, 11:45pm

Thanks ladies,
The doctor prescribed gaviscon but it does nothing he's still sick and still seems in so much pain, the doctor said he couldn't prescribe anything else without a paedtrician seeing him 1st, September seems so long away, I think I'm going to take him back next week there has got to be something that can be done in the meantime while we wait.
I've been using a sling on and off but he's soooo heavy!! 17lb already at 3 months little fatty haha!!
Which according to the health visitor is another sign of reflux, because they feed so much as they are in pain :(
Glad you had a lovely holiday net, your pics on fb look fab.
We are currently at the nightmare tantrum stage too so I can't offer much advise but we do try to ignore him too.
Thank you for your advise Heather, I'm going to go armed with question to the doctor I think, so hopefully we can try some different methods xfingers

What's Up?

Sunday, July 9th 2017, 10:55am

Net glad you had a good holiday. I do totally empathise with you and the lack of time for you. I never seem to have time for me. Even when kids are all in bed DH is then needy for me to give him attention!! All I want is an hour twice a week to go to a running club but that just never happens. We do try to get a babysitter a couple of times a month so we can go to the cinema or out for a bite to eat. Doesn't always work out that often but we do try to make some us time. Even on those evenings though I get all kids fed and ready for bed and then I'm left with 5 mins if I'm lucky to get ready. I try not to stress about it too much as I figure it'll get better when they're all up a bit. Difference with girls who are almost 8 is unbelievable. They are so self sufficient and capable that it truly does fly by.

Cheenab I never saw a paediatrician for Ch's reflux and there are definitely things that can be tried before you see paediatrician. That's too long for a little baby to be sick without trying some things that won't cause any harm even if it doesn't solve the problem.

I'm in work 2 days this week and am not looking forward to leaving P at all. She is such a sweet baby I just love being with her.

Well I'm off to swimming with them all shortly so will catch up later xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Pip

Sunday, July 9th 2017, 2:19pm

Hi ladies, good to hear from everyone!
Net ur holiday looked great
Heather sounds like ur gang are all doing great! Hope K can get some support with her dyslexia it must be difficult for her seeing her twin able to do things, good that she has a diagnosis tho as hopefully support should follow. How old is P now? I'm sure H will be chatting away in no time, there really is so much pressure and comparisons between little ones

Ashstar the same for u I'm sure R will be chatting away in no time, ur SIL is definitely not helping.
Jasperglad the works r nearly done, I would love to be brace enough we definitely need more space just don't know how we would do it.

Cheenab, having 3 must be a whole different ball game, sounds like u r doing fab, just intense while they r all small, great going on the potty front
Wardie hope things r good with u

The girls had a great birthday can't believe they r 2 now love them to pieces but they r hard work with tantrums and annoying each other stealing each other's food and toys, then they r laughing together
2 mins later and I'm tearing my hair out.

Agree it's hard to get some time out, I've recently signed up to a block fitness class it's 1 morning a week at 6am b4 DH goes to work it's the only time I can get but I am enjoying it
xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Pip" (Jul 9th 2017, 2:21pm)

Sunday, July 9th 2017, 4:51pm

Hi everyone. Yay, it's so good to have everyone back!

Jasper glad to hear the building work is going well. I'm sure it's stressful though. The cake you made looked amazing btw!

Heather good luck going back to work. Worst feeling ever I'm sure! I'm sure H will be fine. I remember my sisters little boy going through a phase of falling over a lot. She was worried about him but it turned out to be nothing. He was just clumsy!

Cheenab, poor wee T. R suffered dreadfully with reflux when he was small. I was literally tearing my hair out. No sleep ever and had to hold him all night long. It was hell so I can really sympathise with you. Omeprazole was our saviour and can be prescribed by the GP. Heather is right, September is too far away to have him suffering. Just keep pestering the doctor until they give you something to try. I used to go and cry lol.

Net, looks like you had a great holiday. Weather looked amazing. I would love to live somewhere where we could easily travel to all those gorgeous places! Totally get what you mean about lack of me time. I only have R and struggle to have any time to myself so hats off to all you ladies with more than one child! I can honestly say my DH and I get out together on our own about twice a year. The last time was in February! One of the downsides of having family look after R during the day means that we can't really ask them to help out at the weekends.

Pip happy birthday to the twins! Isn't it so hard to believe how quickly the time has gone? Bet you can hardly believe they were once so tiny! It's great that they have each other for company even if they do fight. I worry all the time about R being lonely. I also worry that we are going to spoil him too much because he is an only child and will just always expect to get his own way. He loves being around other children and I feel a bit sad that he is on his own so much.

Well I had R at the doctor on Friday and mentioned the speech thing while I was there. The doctor at first seemed to thing it was a cause for concern then started looking stuff up on the computer and seemed to change his mind! He basically just said that they all develop at different rates which I knew anyway. I'm convinced that when my mil is looking after him she puts him in front of the tv a lot and I really don't think that could be helping. Hard to know how to approach it though. She has an opinion on everything and will probably try to tell me tv is good for him lol!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xx
Ashastar

Pip

Monday, July 10th 2017, 9:39am

Hey ashstar, I know what u r saying worry about R being the only one, I worry that the girls never have any 1 on 1 time they r always together and do they get enough individual attention, also my friends with 1 take them loads of places I'm limited to places I know so I know they will be safe I can see them both can get double buggy in
Etc so really just to say, is mums are always s worrying about something just means we care
xxx

Wednesday, July 12th 2017, 9:59pm

Hi pip, yeah I know what you mean. We are just never happy lol. As you say there is always something to worry about.

I'm a bit stressed out. My mother and father in law were looking after R yesterday while we were working. Apparently they left him playing in the garden on his own and he managed to climb up a ladder and onto the garage roof without either of them noticing!!! They only realised when their next door neighbour started shouting in panic. Thankfully they got him down ok but I feel physically sick every time I think of what could have happened. One wrong foot and he would have fallen onto the concrete and could have been killed. I just don't know what way they are looking after him. What responsible adult leaves a 2 year old in the garden with a ladder on his own? I just don't know how I am going to send him back there. I don't feel like they are looking after him properly at all. To make matters worse they don't even seem to realise the seriousness of it and seemed to find it funny!! What do you all think I should do? If they were a paid childminder there is no way I'd be sending him back and I'd probably be reporting them to the authorities!

Sorry for the lack of personals. Hope everyone else is ok xx
Ashastar

Pip

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 10:35am

Oh god ashstar that's a nightmare I wouldn't feel happy sending him back there either, what does ur DH think? What options do u have?
xx

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 10:52am

He was horrified too and really annoyed at them. The problem is that I have to send him back on Monday. My only other option is a childminder or nursery but I won't be able to arrange that at such short notice so won't have any other choice but to send him. They are just far too laid back. One other day my father in law opened the front gate and let R walk out into the street in front of him. They live on a really busy road and he could easily have ran out. I just don't think he's safe with them!
Ashastar

Pip

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 1:15pm

I would definitely see if u can look into a nursery for some of the time anyway, it's been great for the girls due to all the activities they do with them, it's not cheap but if it gives u peace of mind, if ur work does childcare voucher schemes that works out a good saving too
xx

Net

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 8:19pm

Omg I would be having nightmares too. I would do what pip says and try and get him into nursery. To avoid upsetting them you can always say that you're doing it so he can socialise with other children more to prepare for pre school etc?

Hope you're ok! Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Friday, July 14th 2017, 4:21pm

Thanks ladies. I have been thinking about a nursery or childminder for a while now so I think I will have to start seriously looking. I need to be able to go to work and not be worrying constantly and at the minute I am. I won't even be lying if I tell them that I am doing it for social reasons. They just keep him in the living room or garden all day and never take him out and he has no one to play with etc so I don't think it's a good environment for him anyway. No doubt they will be offended but I'm sure they'll get over it! xx
Ashastar

Friday, July 14th 2017, 4:22pm

Oh and yes pip my work and DHs both do the childcare vouchers. Are they worth getting? Do you know can we both get them or just one of us?
Ashastar

Pip

Friday, July 14th 2017, 8:26pm

You can both get them, we do, there is a max amount per month depending on what rate tax he Ayer you are so I get the max I can and DH gets a bit more to top up. It's basically tax free, so defo worth doing.

Yeah just say it's for socialisation and getting him used to that sort of environment, don't worry if they r offended he is ur priority
xx

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, July 15th 2017, 11:39pm

Oh gosh ashastar how awful, I'd be livid! How do they not even think that is wrong??
I would definitely be looking else where for child care.
Hope R is ok?

How is everyone else?

After a bit of advice if anyone can help, bare with me though I'm not sure how to explain it ;)

I want to speak with a HV or someone about it but don't want to sound like a crazy parent, thinking the worst etc and just worrying for nothing.

F as I've said before is quite challenging more so lately but has been quite hard work for probably the past 9/10 months.
He seems to have developed quite an obsessive behaviour, he can be completely into something when either out and about, visiting someone or even at home but the second a switch gets flicked he just seems to get obsessive with one person, like I've said before he is with T but before now I've just thought he just wants to touch him all the time, but now as I watch him more it's not just with T, whilst visiting friends or friends visiting us he will become obsessed with one person adult or child and either constantly try to kiss/hit/bite/hurt in some form even removing him from the situation doesn't help as even if it's 2 mins or half hr the second he is near the person again he just keeps doing it over and over nothing seems to distract him. Today we went to a birthday party he was having so much fun playing on his own and along side the other children then all of a sudden it's like be took and instant dislike to a little girl way over the other side of the room literally went on the bouncy castle and knocked her over and just wouldn't get off her (dp had to quickly get him off!) The little girl was so upset, He's never seen this girl before and she hadn't been any where near him before then. Then a little while later he followed her into the ball pit and kept trying to grab at her face again for no reason she had done nothing to him.
Should I be worried? Or am I just over thinking it?
I don't want to ring the health visitor and sound like a complete idiot, and to be honest I don't even no how to explain my worries properly.
I'm not the only one noticing now, dp has, my sister and a couple of friends.
I don't know what to do to change it, had feeling such a crap mum when he's so horrid to others, I don't want him to be that bully child that everyone slags off and no one wants to play with :(

What's Up?

Sunday, July 16th 2017, 8:58am

Cheenab I would speak to your HV or GP whomever you've a better relationship. If there is an issue such as autism it's always better to get diagnosed earlier so whatever help is available can be given. I just think as a parent you need to trust your own instincts. Hopefully it's just a phase that he'll grow out of but if not with delays in the NHS everything takes so long now I opt for the earlier is better approach personally and by time it comes around if it's not needed you can cancel.

It's like H I know that something isn't right with his speech. It's not just slow like everyone says but I know what normal by now and what is more than just being a bit slow to catch on. He also has a few tendencies that he's too friendly with everyone and tries to hug and kiss people constantly but he's so big that he hurts. He also obsessively puts rights in straight lines. All his toys etc. I've HV coming out early next month to see him and will what happens then xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

What's Up?

Sunday, July 16th 2017, 10:37am

Ashatar sorry to hear about your probs with MIL. I'd be furious too. All I can say is I loved my ones at nursery as I always knew there was at least 1 member of staff with them at all times and it is good for socialisation. I know some childminders are brilliant but we just never found one.

Hope everyone else is keeping well and enjoying the weekend. Can't believe I am back to work this Monday coming. Was in on 12 July for the day and it is like never being off but missed P and not looking forward to sharing her or having to come home to all the household chores after a long hard day at work xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread: