You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Nov 18th 2008

Children: 2 miracle IVF twin girls and 3 miracle surprises!!

What's Up?
Life's hectic but good !!!

Sunday, January 1st 2017, 12:29pm

newyear6 Happy New Year to you all ladies. Hope all your wishes and dreams come true this year xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP
Twins Girls Born August 09 : D
Shock Natural BFP - Oct 12
Baby Girl Born June 13 : D
Shock Natural BFP during DR!! - October 14
Baby Boy Born June 15 : D
Another Shock Natural BFP!
Baby Girl Born January 17 : D
Hmcfeather's Diary of My Brood

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Net (05.01.2017)

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 8:45pm

Ladies!

How are we all?

Pip how are the girls?

Ashastar I hope R is better now? Did you have a good Xmas ?

Heather how are you doing? Have you finished work yet? When's your due date again? Hope you're managing some time to relax and put your feet up ( if that's possible as a mum of 4!)

Chenab how are you doing? I love your FB photos of the boys.

Wardie how are things? Sorry you've been having such a stressful time. How's the new house all working out?

One wish how is squish? Did you have a good Christmas?

Jasper sorry the sleeping isn't great. E and J are obviously talking to each other! Have things improved at all?

Think that's everyone? Sorry if I've missed anyone

Well as I think I've said our Xmas was a washout as L was sick, as was my mum then I caught a bug too. We were better for new year and DH and I even managed a 5 mile countryside walk and a trip to the shops whilst the girls were in nursery on Tuesday! Am back to work now though - boo!

E is good, she's sooooo full of cheek and never stops talking and yelling at us. She's teething so badly at the moment with 3 molars all coming through together bless her. Sleep is still a massive issue. She's still up once a night minimum but usually two but the worst is that she's started waking up every day between 4.45 and 5.30am. She just screams and screams so loud,y I have to go to her as she wakes L up who is getting so tired. So I'm getting up at 5, then going to work all day and then trying to function, I'm so tired!

Still, we have a weekend away to look forward to with family at the end of the month in Norfolk, then L's 4th birthday and my birthday in February. L is having a soft play party. DH and I dreading it as we had a run in with some parents at her pre school over parking back in December ( full on almost fight - I actually had to separate DH and another dad, it was ridiculous and pathetic, whilst DH did not help things the other dad was an idiot), however we don't know if they are the parents of any of the kids we've invited, so hopefully we won't have a surprise at her party lol! Xxx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 9:18pm

Hi all, hope everyone is having a good start to the year.
Net sorry to hear everyone I'll over Xmas, hope the early waking gets a bit better.

Heather not long to go, hope u r keeping ok and managed to slow down a bit.

Cheenab how r u keeping?
Hope everyone else is ok?

Girls started nursery on wed they have been in couple hrs each morning, they don't like it when we leave and have been upset when we come back but they r saying they r better in between. Don't know how long it will take them to settle down. O Is more confident but A keeps shouting on her and wants to hold her hand which then upsets her a bit too, so I'm glad they have each other but think it's hard for them too
xx
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 10:27pm

Hi ladies, good to hear from you.

Net, R is all better now thanks but Christmas was a disaster in our house too. He cried all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and I didn't even get eating my dinner. We went to my mums on Christmas Day and ended up having to just come home again as he was so unsettled and it was really stressful with so many people there. He's back to his usual happy self now and eating like a horse thank goodness! It was a pretty miserable week off work though. You must be exhausted having to get up so early and then go to work! I don't know how you do it! Really hope you start to get more sleep soon. Good luck with the birthday party!! Hopefully those parents won't be there!

Pip, aww your girls are so cute! It must be hard leaving them but I'm sure they'll soon settle. My friend had the same problem when she put her wee one in nursery but she is fine now. They just know how to make you feel really bad by crying when you leave! Its great they have each other though. I really think I will have to look at nursery soon for R too but I'm nervous at the thought of it and worried about the cost. I think he would benefit from the interaction with other kids though cos he really loves company and I worry about him being an only child.

Can anyone with little ones around 18 months tell me how much they should be talking at this stage? R does a lot of babbling and says a few words but not a big lot. My friends little girl is 4 months younger and seems much more vocal. Is this something I should be worried about? We have a review with the pediatrician at the end of the month and I know they will ask me about his speech. Just a bit concerned he isn't saying enough!

Hope everyone else is good. x
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

Pip

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 10:56pm

Hey ashstar just a quick thing on the speech, girls r 18 months, A had loads of words I couldn't even count and is very clear, O on the other hand hardly any, mummy daddy, hi, bye that's about it, she will try and repeat a wee bit and makes noises to express herself a bit like wow and wee on the swing lol so I'm a bit worried about her but could just be a case of they all do it in their own time
xxx

Thursday, January 5th 2017, 11:07pm

Thanks pip. O sounds like she is around the same stage as R. I guess they are all different and will learn in their own time but there's just always something to worry about, isn't there? I wonder does being premature affect when they talk? I keep forgetting he should only be 16 months xx
Ashastar

Wardie

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 5th 2010

Children: 1 Beautiful Daughter & 1 Gorgeous Son

Friday, January 6th 2017, 8:25am

Hi Ladies

Good to hear from you.

Net I am so sorry sleeping is still a bit of a nightmare - I honestly don't know how you manage a 5am wake up and then a full days work no wonder you are so tired. I hope it improves for you. I am also really sorry your Christmas was a wash out. Typical that everyone was poorly. I hope the birthday party goes well & none of those parents appear #awkward....

Ashastar & Pip - I wouldn't worry about the speech thing I tend to think every child is different and they will get there in their own time. L is 2.5 and some words are really clear and others are still not but she tries everyday and my ex says she is improving all the time. But I know what you mean about comparing as my friends little girl is 4 weeks younger than L and her speech is AMAZING you can pretty much have a full blown conversation with her but then in other aspects L is more advance for example her hand eye coordination and my L is so confident in comparison. They will get there in their own time.

Heather - not long to go very exciting I hope you have finished work now and at least trying to get some rest if that is possible....

Hope everyone else is well?

AFM.......
I had my babies from the day before Christmas Eve until Boxing Day morning - Christmas day was hectic with 7 adults and 3 children and my LOs were quite overwhelmed by it all but it was a good day. Boxing Day morning I took them to their Dad and then I drove to Birmingham and spent the day there with my good friend from work who has also split from her husband last year so we are in a similar situation and we went out for dinner & drinks and got quite drunk then I came back the next day and it took me 5 hours to get home with a raging hangover so that wasn't fun lol. Nothing else for the rest of the holidays, I returned to work on Tuesday and it was a shock to the system so pleased I work from home lol.

D has cracked the sleeping through the night now he has been doing it for about 3 weeks now 7-6.30 so that is great and L is her usual cheeky toddler self x

So tomorrow is a big day........ My babies are coming to live with me full time - it has been a long 7 months but the day is nearly here & I have to say I am sooooooo nervous about it. My ex is really struggling with it too! He goes back to work on Monday. I have all of next week off as have a week of settling them into the childminder. They are going 4 days 7.45-5.30pm it is costing a fortune and I feel incredibly guilty about them having to go for that amount of time but there is no way round it. I think it will do them the world of good as she has 2 other children of very similar ages to them so think being with other children will be fab & the childminder is so lovely and takes them out everyday.
So next week they are going 9-11am Tuesday & Wednesday and then Thursday 12-4pm and then all day Friday like a normal day :( It is going to be a shock to the system the week after when I have to actually get into a routine and get them there and then back to work for the day! Its crazy. I think I am stressing about it far too much! Then I keep thinking what if I am a rubbish mum :(
Anyway that is pretty much my news. My mortgage is all approved and it is all in the hands of solicitors and they never seem to hurry things along so just feeling a bit in limbo at the moment.....

Have a great day and weekend all blowkiss

Net

Friday, January 6th 2017, 1:14pm

Good to hear from you all!

Ashastar I think every child is different. My eldest was an amazing talker ( never stops lol) and I was having full conversations with her at age 2 but my nephews were so different. I think every child just develops in their own time

Pip it look my eldest about 8 weeks to settle properly but E was fine after 2 weeks so again I think it varies

Wardie lots of changes but I'm sure you'll be in the swing before you know it

Hi everyone sorry this is quick as E has just woken x
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wardie

United Kingdom

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 7:39pm

Just a quick update!!

My babies moved in Saturday it was a horrific day my ex was hysterical especially when he left and I was upset too! My best friend came and took me to the pub for a drink when they went to bed my mum knew I needed a friend!! Sunday was a difficult day the upset was still very much around!! Monday my sister came over we took L to have her hair cut then treated them to McDonalds then I went to the dentist while my sister babsat!!!

Today my babies went to the childminder for 2 hours and it was a success they loved it! The time went so quick!! Tomorrow they are back for another 2 hours and their dad is coming down for the day!!

Had a lovely day with my babies and I feel so happy to have them! Although getting them out the house and to the childminder was fun and games and a mad rush! Not looking forward to having to get them there for 7.45 every morning! Friday they are going for the full day so will also be a practice run for me! Wish me luck!!

Hope everyone is keeping well! Much love xxx

Net

Tuesday, January 10th 2017, 8:03pm

Aw what a time for you all. You'll soon be in the swing of things. My two love nursery ( not quite the same I know but similar) and both now go off for the day without a second glance at DH when he drops them off! Must be lovely to have the kids living with you full time again - on with the next chapter of your lives together! Xxx

How is everyone doing? Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Kimbo1982 (10.01.2017)

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 9:27am

That must've been so heart breaking Wardie xx Hope you have all had a good first week together x

As I don't work J doesn't go to nursery and I have to admit I'm a bit nervous that by the time he goes to preschool he'll be so used to being with me that he won't want to go!!!!

Hope I'm not being insensitive by asking g what you ladies do about contraception. After 2 natural miracles we need to use something. I have been on the pill for 3 months but I think it's affecting me my mood. I'm quite snappy a and irritable! On the plus side my periods were extremely heavy but the pill has helped that. Don't know what to do!

Lots going in I'm my life at the moment! We live in a 3 bed house with a box room for 3rd bedroom. We looked in to moving buy can't get a big enough mortgage so we have decided to extend. We're having a side extension that will give us 2 new bedrooms and a huge kitchen breakfast room and the existing kitchen will become a utility room. I'm excited to get the much need space but nervous about how stressful it might be!!!!

Other exciting news is that MIL has paid for a holiday for us the last 2 years but last year she said she can't do it every year, well she's offered again! We've just booked 2 weeks in Kos in June! I can't wait, we are so lucky!!!

Hope everyone is well xx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

What's Up?

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 5:20pm

Just a quick update ladies as I'll post more later but we have an announcement ...

Another little beautiful girl arrived last night by emergency section at 20.07. She is 35 weeks weighing in at 5lbs 12 oz. She's doing well and in an incubator for couple of days but all good. No name yet!! Xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

4 registered users thanked already.

Net (12.01.2017), Pip (12.01.2017), cheenab (12.01.2017), Curlytails (13.01.2017)

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 6:06pm

Congratulations heather to you all, fabulous news. Hope you are both doing welll!

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

hmcfeather (12.01.2017)

Wardie

United Kingdom

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 7:53pm

Huge Congratulations to you all Heather

hmcfeather (12.01.2017)

Net

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 8:17pm

Oh wow massive congratulations Heather! Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 8:24pm

Jasper - we've done a lot of building work with the kids at home - it does get stressful because of the mess and the dust! But you soon get used to it. It's just a bit of a nightmare to stop the little ones picking up things they shouldn't ( E basically puts anything that's not food in her mouth!)

We don't use any contraception here as DH's male factor issues means natural conception is impossible - I was on the pill for 10 years for nothing!

Holiday sounds amazing, what a lovely MIL. Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 8:38pm

Oh wow heather congratulations! I have been thinking about you cos I knew you weren't far from due date. I hope you are ok xx

Jasper, your mil is a star! I'm very jealous! Maybe you could get your building work done while you are away lol! We haven't had any major work done to our house since R came along but we redecorated our living room recently and I even found that stressful! No contraception here either as we are hoping for a natural miracle. Not holding my breath though!

Wardie, I hope you are ok. You've had a very hard time but hopefully this will be a better year for you. I'm sure you are delighted to have your babies full time.

Hi to everyone else xx
Ashastar

Pip

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 8:56pm

Congratulations heather that's lovely news, I hope all is well.

How is everyone?
Jasper very jealous re your MIL!
Girls are starting to settle in at nursery, they still hate going in but are fine once I go.
xxx

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Thursday, January 12th 2017, 10:01pm

Massive congratulations Heather xx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

cheenab

What's Up?

Friday, January 13th 2017, 2:08pm

Feeling like a rubbish mum lately :(
Have been trying to make some new mummy friends with children around F's age as everyone I know has older children.
Joined this local mummy group, met up with one last week and finley kept trying to kiss her little girl then he bit her, I was mortified and couldn't have been more apologetic. So really threw my confidence a bit.
Today agreed to meet up with a couple of others was literally stuck to him like glue incase he done it again, no biting this time but he kept pulling their children's hair.
I never had this with Z till much later and he understood when I said no etc. I don't know what to Do?
I came out and had a little cry as felt such a rubbish mum and probably left them in there Bitching about me :(
Just feeling a bit crap today, sorry to rant xx

Net

Friday, January 13th 2017, 2:43pm

You are not a crap mum. E does this too - and L never did. It's so hard to discipline them at this age as they don't understand properly. E punches and punches and scratches me, DH and her sister every day, I have the scratch marks to show for it! I think it's frustration sometimes and also just working out what gets a reaction. I know what you mean about being embarrassed about it though, I'm sure the other mums understand. Shame you don't live nearer, our two delinquents could just play together!
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Friday, January 13th 2017, 4:20pm

Ah cheenab, you're definitely not a rubbish mum! He's still a baby and doesn't understand what he shouldn't do yet. I agree with net that a lot of it is frustration as they can't express themselves in other ways. If they were bitching about you then you don't want to know them so not worth your tears. R doesn't bite but he kicks and his favourite thing is throwing stuff! He also throws almighty tantrums, always in the presence of people with perfectly behaved children! I find it embarrassing too but at the end of the day he's too precious to me to give a stuff about what others think! I agree, it would be great if we all lived near each other!
Ashastar

cheenab

What's Up?

Friday, January 13th 2017, 4:51pm

Thank you ladies, you're right would be lovely if we lived closer you all seem so nice, these ladies just seemed judgemental I kept apologising etc but just seemed to get really judgemental looks from them both. But you are right, they're definitely not worth our time, I really wanted to get out and about and make some new mummy friends with similar age kids as finley before baby is born so we are not stuck at home all the time going stir crazy :(
How do you deal with it net?
I've tried telling off but obviously doesn't understand he just laughs, distraction works for a while but then he does it again straight after, I move him away then he just seems to think I'm egging him on to do it again as he.charges back over :(
He doesn't do it with older children, it only seems to be the same age or younger.
Just feeling so frustrated lately, I'm a lot more stressed these days than I was when Z was younger so maybe that's contributing to it?? :(

Pip

Friday, January 13th 2017, 10:29pm

Hi Cheenab, honestly don't feel bad, I've found it hard to make mummy friends as think allot of people are quite clichey (can't spell ) ::P and all quite competitive and judgemental. I have some people that I chat to at mothers and toddlers etc, but no1 I would speak to out with the planned classes. I've just really stuck to my real friends for that if that makes sense even tho their kids are a couple years older, since the girls have got on their feet we can do the soft play thing together and it's just less fake.

It is hard being stuck in the house but if people are like that, it's defonthem and not you. Don't feel a bad mum all kids do it. I have a bruise on my arm from a bit fromO a week ago, she doesn't do it often but when she does she goes for it!

How long till baby comes now?
xx

What's Up?

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 5:43am

Oh Cheenab you are definitely not a rubbish mummy. I haven't managed to make any new mummy friends although my au pair has B at a toddler group every day and seems to have made friends with lots of the mummies. All I care about from those things is that he is getting a change of scenario and to play alongside other kids roughly his own age. H has an awful temper at the moment and as soon as he doesn't get what he wants he goes into a meltdown!! He also loves to deliberately kick out when getting his bum changed and laughs if you say no that's sore. The old pregnancy hormones are probably not helping right now either.

Someone asked re contraception a bit back well I've just got my tubes tied when they were in getting her out. It hurts like a bitch now. I hate saying it but I really couldn't physically do another pregnancy. This was high risk enough this time and my pregnancy was hard going from start to end. Feels so final but I know it's the right decision for all of us. We can't just keep going financially or physically. Just seems so surreal after all those years ago to be told we'd never conceive naturally to end up needing this!!

Well we finally have names ... Poppy Heather. I'll write up in my diary the birth story but it was all a big rush in the end up with an emergency section needed. My DH brought kids to hospital visit me as I had been admitted for obs and as soon as they arrived he was told to get them home and rush straight back as I was being taken down there and then. My cervix had nearly completely disappeared and the scar was really thin. I was taken down but thankfully my DH made it back literally with seconds to spare as they made first cut.

She had a bit of difficulty with her breathing at first but after 36 hours in an incubator she was good enough to come out. She is a bit of a sleepy head and not that interested in feeding so hopefully she hasn't dropped too much weight at her weigh in this Morgan's then we can go home today :-)
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hmcfeather" (Jan 14th 2017, 5:45am)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 8:04am

What a beautiful name Heather ☺ I'm really torn on contraception and doing something permanent. Both of my tubes were completely blocked, we had ICSI as there were sperm issues but 2 natural miracles later I'm guessing g we no longer have these issues

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 8:05am

I typed a really long post but most of it had disappeared ;( I'll pop back later!

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

What's Up?

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 10:04am

Thanks Jasper. That's the irony we were told I don't ovulate and that both tubes were completely blocked but after the IVF with twins that seems to be wrong!!

I do know what you mean about being torn. I went on the pill after H last time but came off it as I don't like being on it. I was to get coil fitted but as weren't sure we were finished I didn't go ahead with it and hey presto whilst we were deciding it was decided for us!! I like idea of coil better as it's longer term contraception that doesn't affect fertility should you use to go again. Is that what you're still not decided on??
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 8:04pm

Beautiful name heather. I hope you got her home today. I'm sure her big sisters and brother are just delighted with her xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 9:17pm

No home for us unfortunately as Poppy isn't feedyenough. She starts off well but then gets tired and just stops so have to basically force feed her every 3 hours but is very hard to get milk into a baby who is fast asleep. Paediatrician checked her out and apart from this issue she is absolutely x
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

cheenab

What's Up?

Saturday, January 14th 2017, 10:13pm

Ah Heather what a beautiful name :)
Sorry to hear you can't get home yet, fingers crossed she starts to feed a bit better over the next few days xxx

Jasper, we have had the contraception talk since finding out about this one, I just feel so sad about anything permanent after our struggles in the beginning, but at the same time I don't like the thought of the pill etc as I don't like the added hormones!!
Selfishly I asked dp if he would get the snip, but he said no I should which really annoyed me!! He won't be getting none then rotf

Thanks for your kind words ladies I'm feeling a lot better today, my self esteem just took a bit of a battering yesterday.
I haven't got any interest in making new friends for myself I have just the right amount of fantastic friends around me, I just hate the thought of F growing up with older children all the time and not getting to hang out with others his own age that was my main aim of getting out and about :(
But he clearly prefers the older ones haha he's too cool to hang out with younger children rotf
Him and Z were playing lovely earlier chasing each other around giggling etc, then bang head butt each other, lots of blood and F has a big fat lip :(

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Net

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 7:06am

Chenab poor F! That happens with L and E too - although usually it's E pinching or scratching her sister! I'm at my wits end with E too I must say. She's such hard work at the moment so I sympathise. I really don't know what to do to stop it so I try distraction more than anything as I figure she's too young to understand real discipline at the moment. She's such a drama queen. I only have to say no and she bursts into tears! E has one friend her age and that's only because my NCT friend from having L got pregnant at the same time as me so they're 9 days apart. Other than that she has no friends and like you I've got plenty of friends I'm not that interested in making anymore! Will F go to pre school? He'll make friends there I guess!

Heather I've written in your diary but I really hope Poppy manages better feeds today. E didn't feed for almost 8 hours when she was a day old and just slept ( different I know as she was 41 weeks, and it was only once ), we had to force feed her formula ( She was breastfed) and I know it's not very nice. It really helped wake her up and increase her blood sugars so hopefully poppy will be into a good routine soon.

Wardie how are things going?
Jasper hope you had a good birthday!
Pip I'm glad the girls have settled in to nutsery, it's such a relief when you know they're happy there isn't it
Ashastar how is R? Sorry to hear you're also dealing with tantrums!
Onewish how is squish?

Not much else to report here - I had a massive stress out yesterday as so tired. E is still not sleeping through and she's teething so badly it's even worse than normal so combined with work I'm so tired! L got upset as I was upset and I feel so guilty as I kicked off at DH in front of her which I know is an awful thing to do in front of the kids. I just snapped and then she said she didn't want me to be with her and just wanted daddy. Awful. I went to my yoga class which helped relax me but omg i am aching today! Xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 11:04am

Awh Net there's a reason sleep deprivation is used as a form of torture :cuddle I know you are exclusively BF but is there anyway that you could express some so your DH could help out during the night? Wish there was something I could do to help.

It must be an age thing for tantrums but H is awful as well these days. If he gets told no or can't do what he wants it a full meltdown and then he throws things or hits out. I know it's only a phase but it's hard work for sure!! I do my best to just say no firmly and then totally ignore the bad behaviour so he gets no attention from it. Easier said than done though at times.

Cheenab my DH is waiting for an appointment for the snip but as it's taking forever and I was offered to have my tubes tied after section I agreed as can't take the chance of me falling pregnant again anytime soon!! Still makes me sad though to have gone this route as it's so final but I can't complain as I'm luckier than most ladies are ( and a little crazy too!!).

My 3 year old prefers older children. She is one of the gang with her big sisters and has absolutely no interest in H or the new baby. It's only now in pre-school she talks about her friends in class but I know she prefers older ones in school too. Younger siblings always grow up that but quicker but guess that the natural pull of cooler older kids!!

Wardie hope kids have settled well with you and emotions aren't just as high with your ex. Must be a hard time but I hope 2017 is a better year for you xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net (15.01.2017)

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 1:08pm

Hi everyone,

Heather I hope the feeding is better today. It's hard when they are so small cos they just want to sleep. R was the same. I used to struggle to get 3oz into him. Our boys sound as though they are at the same stage. R throws massive tantrums too although if I ignore him he usually gets over it quickly. He flings everything across the room and is always falling out with his toys lol. It's a fun age!

Cheenab, I worry about R having friends too. Especially with him being an only child I worry about him knowing how to socialise. It's one of the things that makes me feel guilty about working. On my day off I always meet a friend who has a little one of similar age so he has company however the rest of the week he is with my mum or mil. My mil in particular just keeps him in her living room and I suspect in front of the to for a lot of the day. I had hoped she would maybe take him to mums and tots or something one morning a week but she has no interest. Even when she takes him for a walk she just keeps him sitting in the buggy. When he's with my mum it's a bit different as his 2 cousins are there too. He really loves the company so I very much hope he isn't an only child forever.

Net, poor you! Is she waking at night looking milk? Is it just a comfort thing? It's really hard I know but have you tried leaving her to cry it out? Lack of sleep really is the hardest thing so I really feel for you xx
Ashastar

Net

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 6:24pm

Thanks both. Yes have tried cry it out but she just gets louder and louder and I crack too soon. I'm gonna have to try it again. she won't take a bottle so expressing not an option unfortunately. She's doesn't need the milk it's purely a comfort thing. She's a boob addict lol! I'm a bit worried about her tonight as her whole back is covered in a bright red raised rash. She's got pink cheeks too but no fever and she's eating ok so I'm thinking allergic reaction to something or eczema maybe. Will take her to gp tomorrow if it's not gone.

Heather how is Poppy's feeding today?

My eldest also loves older kids and I think E will also do likewise as she'll be surrounded by L's friends!

Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Sunday, January 15th 2017, 7:35pm

Net I'm no good at the cry it out thing either. R just gets louder and louder too and then I can't bear it. It makes me feel so cruel lol. My DH always gives off at me for giving in too soon. Oh no, hope the rash is gone by tomorrow! That's all you need! Fingers crossed its just a reaction to something she ate and it will clear up again.

They must all love older kids. R is super impressed with them. When I take him to soft play if there's any older child there he will follow them around even if they are paying him no attention whatsoever!
Ashastar

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 7:35am

Hows the rash Net? Hope E is ok. Think my DH would class himself as a boob addict if he had his way :snigger:

How's everyone else today? We are still in hospital and I'm pretty tired out. Have had to feed her every 2 hours for the last 2 days and I'm wrecked. Had a bit of a barney with my DH on the phone this morning as kids have up a fair bit during the night with him which isn't like them and he's tired too. Is hard being apart and is a bit lonely. Had no other visitors at all other then DH and the kids but they can only stay an hour each day and as I'm well the midwives never come near me.

We will see how she gets on with her weigh in today but hopefully she hasn't lost more.

Sorry for moaning think it's just a case of the baby blues :tears:
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "hmcfeather" (Jan 17th 2017, 7:36am)

Net

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 12:33pm

Ah heather I'm sorry. I really hope you're home soon it's so stressful being in hospital especially when you're not getting visitors. Life is very disrupted for everyone isn't it. Hope the weigh in goes well. Could the midwives take her to the nursery for one of the feeds ( unless you're breastfeeding?) to give you a chance to get four hours solid sleep? I remember they did that for me even though I was breastfeeding and took her for 3 hours and it really made a difference xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 1:03pm

Sorry to hear you are feeling lonely Heather. That's really sad that the MW aren't bothering with you as all is ok. I really hope you get to go home today and settle back in to family life xxx

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 7:24pm

Thank you ladies. We didn't get home in the end. P was feeding brilliantly yesterday until then nighttime and she has been terrible today with her feeding. She is so sleepy today that I knew we were never getting home. MW has asked the paediatrician to come see her as her jaundice is worse than earlier and the lack of feeding. Am a bit worried about her ...
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Jasper

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 9:15pm

Try not to worry, you are in the best place.
None of mine were great feeders in the early days and I had to syringe feed them. B took a good few weeks to clear his jaundice.
Are there many other mums around to chat to? ( I hAve never stayed on a maternity ward so I'm not sure what the setup is!)
X

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Net

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 9:21pm

Oh I'm sorry heather - I hope the doctor can reassure you. Hopefully she'll get into the swing of things soon. Are you bottle or breastfeedingvher? Have you considered a tongue tie if the latter? That was what gave rise to E's feeding problems and it's so badly diagnosed. Can make it tricky for them to feed. Sorry that might be totally irrelevant but thought I'd mention it xxx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

What's Up?

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 9:23pm

Thanks Jasper. They are talking about moving her to special care unit and tube feeding her. She's very dehydrated and floppy so waiting for blood results now to see if it shows up anything.

Where I am at in this hospital is the area that used to be for private patients only so everyone has own room and ensuite. They stopped the private element a few years back as they needed the beds but it means you really don't see or chat to any other mums so means it can be quite lonely. Better I guess than being on a general ward where it must be very hard to get any sleep with the noise.

Thanks Net. The doc checked yesterday for a tongue tie and said it's all good xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Tuesday, January 17th 2017, 10:00pm

Aw heather, sorry you are having a hard time but definitely better they kept her in especially if you are worried. It will probably just take her a bit of time with the feeding since she was a bit early. What hospital are you in? R spent 3 weeks in special care in the Ulster when he was born and I honestly can't praise them enough. They were amazing so if that's where you are and she has to go to special care she will be extremely well looked after. Try not to worry too much. It must be hard being on your own but definitely better in a side room than on the ward. Do your family live far away? I suppose it must be hard for your DH to visit when he has the other kids xx
Ashastar

What's Up?

Wednesday, January 18th 2017, 3:48pm

Thanks Ashatar. We are in the Royal. We should be at the Ulster but my doc is here. They have finally decided to tube feed her as all her tests are back and all good. They think she's just so sleepy with being early and hopefully a couple of days with extra help and the right amount of feed will help her. She lost more weight today so I'm glad they're doing something for her.

We are just waiting to be taken down for a bed.

My parents have been away on holiday just back last night but both had tummy bugs recently so I don't want them anywhere near me or Poppy. My sister has a bad cold. My DH family live in Derry but we really have nothing to do with them. It has been hard for DH as he brings kids but after an hour or so they need to go. He managed to come today on his own without kids as childminder is back from her hols yesterday.

My mum still managing to annoy me with stories about ladies at the golf club like I really care ... Aarrrgghhh !!! Oh yes and how bad my dads dementia had deteriorated and how noticeable it was when they were on holiday.

Sorry for the rant but it's just her timing and selfishness that really gets to me sometimes xx
Heather

PCOS and Blocked Tubes
1st IVF - Dec 08 BFP

Net

Wednesday, January 18th 2017, 7:04pm

Oh heather - families hey - who'd have them. Sorry you've got that added stress.

Glad they're doing something positive for her and really hope the tube feeding does the trick. Hugs xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Wednesday, January 18th 2017, 11:38pm

Just a quick one, heather hope the tube feeding is going ok. It's quite stressful at first to watch but I'm sure she won't need it for long. Poor wee thing probably just hasn't realised she has been born yet! Good news that all the tests were clear. Sorry you've had extra stress with your family. Better that they stay away and keep their germs to themselves though! I've no experience of special care in the Royal but only ever hear good things so I'm sure she is being well looked after. Hope it's not too far for your DH to travel to visit. I always find it a nightmare of a place to get to and get parked at! xx
Ashastar

Net

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 7:28pm

How are things going heather? Xx
NET

DD born Feb 2013
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Pip

Thursday, January 19th 2017, 8:35pm

Hi heather, hope P is doing well and the tube feeding has helped her, hope u r holding up ok, must be difficult being there on ur own most of the time, hopefully not much longer
xx

cheenab

What's Up?

Friday, January 20th 2017, 12:34pm

Hope P is doing much better Heather? How are you?

Hope everyone else is doing well?

Was up the hospital yesterday as was concerned about baby's movements, but of course he put on a show when we got there ;)
So all ok thankfully, I think I've been relatively chilled out this time round but being there yesterday really made it all seem so real!!!

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE