You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Miraclebaby" started this thread

Reg: Dec 16th 2007

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 8:09pm

Hard lumps and heat from LIT injection sites

Hi ladies,

Can anyone help me pretty please.

I had LIT on Tuesday (with the nurse at Dr Gorgy's) and have hard lumps at the injection sites of both arms. The lumps are also hot to the touch and itchy but I'm not worried about the itching. I'm currently on antibiotics following the Athens test.

Has anyone experienced hard lumps from the LIT injections? I'm worried because of the heat from the lumps because heat usually means infection (?) although with all the antibiotics I've on! I will probably call Dr Gorgy's office if it doesn't subside in next couple of days but will be good to know if anyone else has experienced this and whether I should be worried!!

Off to take my first humira injections. Lord give me strength!!

Many thanks.

MB.
xx

TTC 9.5 yrs; Me: 40, PCOS? DH: 43, MF
1-4 ICSI: BFN
5 IMSI Immune Dr Gorgy: A/biotics, DHEA, Humira, Intralipid, LIT, endoscratch, IVIg, clexane, steroids, prontogest, neupogen. bio BFP
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
7 FET Dr G 8/13: failed BFP
8 PICSI 2014?

The end of this journey shall justify the pains. We must win this fight

Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 9:00pm

The lump could be your immune response to the actual lit. I would ring the clinic and ask.
Take care.

Reg: Feb 10th 2011

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 10:14pm

I had the LIT on Thursday and experiencing the same. I was told it was normal and it will calm down within a week
If the heat and itching is too much I found cold hands on top of the site helps

Were you told to take humira 5 days after LIT too? I will take mine on Tuesday
""Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best!!!""

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 11:16pm

Ladies absolutely fine stick anything cooler than you on it, I had two LIT ewwww but survived lol. The first lot is worse than second. The itching and bumps I believe your immune system fighting or accepting whatever it is, look at my photo of my arms...this was about three days after. I would stick my arm anywhere cool on my bed sheet or cold water bottle :thumbsup:

Hardly had anything second time which I think means my body was more accepting :thumbup:

Oh damn can't get my photo up well lines of very red, itchy, inflamed big lumpy arms with bruises so all should be fine xxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

• "Miraclebaby" started this thread

Reg: Dec 16th 2007

Monday, May 28th 2012, 1:12pm

Phoebe/Maria/Zahra, thank you all so much! I called this morning and was told that this is normal. Another lady suggested putting some ice and I've been using an ice gel since yesterday which seems to calm it down.

Zahra, yes, I was told by DR Gorgy to inject 1st humira 5 to 7 days after LIT (I did last night)); the second humira, 2 weeks after the first injection and hopefully the second LIT within 4 weeks of the first. Good luck with humira.

xx

TTC 9.5 yrs; Me: 40, PCOS? DH: 43, MF
1-4 ICSI: BFN
5 IMSI Immune Dr Gorgy: A/biotics, DHEA, Humira, Intralipid, LIT, endoscratch, IVIg, clexane, steroids, prontogest, neupogen. bio BFP
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
7 FET Dr G 8/13: failed BFP
8 PICSI 2014?

The end of this journey shall justify the pains. We must win this fight

Diary