You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Zahra" started this thread

Reg: Feb 10th 2011

Tuesday, May 22nd 2012, 11:43pm

Is it normal?

Hi ladies
Thank you all for helping me make sense of my results. I am with Dr Gorgy
and we received all the test results.
I have had difficulty ordering the Humira, it's getting delivered tomorrow
Now my question is I was on the waiting list for LIT and I got a call yesterday
that there is slot in Thursday. I did not expect it to happen so soon

Is it ok to inject the Humira tomorrow night and on Thursday to have the LIT?
I read both hurt a lot.

Bit scared I guess!
""Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best!!!""

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 6:36pm

Hi Zahara, don't worry. It's normal to be scared.
The Humira didn't hurt me at all, it was just a bit tricky to jab yourself, as the syringe I got was the right shape for people with arthritis, but I haven't got it so I found it hard. Don't forget to keep a humira in the fridge. Also you need to be at home when you get it as it needs to go in the fridge straight away.
I don't know about LIT and humira together, I would ask the clinic if you're allowed to take them so close to each other.

Good luck with the jab xfingers

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 7:01pm

Hi Zahra,

I am with Dr Gorgy and had LIT and humira - I did the 2 jabs of humira first then the test to check the ratios. I was also staggering my costs as was saving for the full thing....expensive eh! To be honest as soon as I had done the humira and I said can I get going well within weeks I am here having had EC today!

Lit is normally 3 weeks apart or within the 4 weeks so ur partner (if not using donor) bloods check are valid. I had First Lit 20/04 and second 14/05.

Don't worry about LIT but if you are keeping it quiet invest in some long chiffon sleeve tops ( I have loads) fortunately very in at the mo :). LIT itches and yes does sting but believe me my aqua scan hurt the most :)

Just email the girls ad ask if makes a difference by I am sure it doesn't. I also had intralipids which is just eggs and soya.

Well do you know when you are starting I never really knew from one appt to another Dr G likes the element of surprise! I was at work the day my cycle started and I got a call saying pls come to us today for a blood test I was like oh my goodness I needed warning :)

Then when I was there he said here's all ur injections etc and u start tonight!

Im on my phone ad can't see what I am typing so will send another message lol
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 9:28pm

Thanks girls
I am not using a donor. So my husband will go in 8am then I will go at 2pm for the LIT. I spoke to Dr Gorgy today and told him the Humira arrived today. He told me not to use it. He said use the first injection 5 days after LIT

Pheobe I know what you mean. I was led to believe Humira first then LIT. I did not expect the waiting list will be so short. Oh well it might be better to just get on with it.

I hope your EC went fine! Tell us about it when u feel up to.

Maria once again thank you

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 10:06pm

Glad you got that sorted I did mine in stages but you just do as your told don't you :huh:

Well EC was at the LFC and loved the sedation unlike anything before I went completely out when I woke up it was like a full nights sleep :sleeping:

The anesthetiser guy was a complete loon but so so lovely so when you get there don't panic! The girls were amazing and Dr G so lovely too!

Bumper crop I'm shocked more than ever of my normal cycles 24 eggs! I think 15 were mature so guess we will have to hope they are getting jiggy in the dish I feel really positive I hope it's our turn this time bit excited!

Think even Dr G was shocked as I tend to defy AMH level of 11.6 but I have been told these AMH figures are plucked out the air oh well can only pray for these eggs baby5 and hope my AMH stays strong!

Well shattered now so if you need anything just shout x grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug baby2 baby2 babydust :dust: babydust
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Wednesday, May 23rd 2012, 10:18pm

Well done lovey! Those are an army. I hope and pray they do very well

I had 2 ICSI and at most 8 eggs at most. Were you on short protocol?

Rest well and drink loads of water

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 10:24am

Not sure is short protocol when u start on Day 2 of cycle if so yeah....all others were long day 21 DR.

Still waiting on a call :angel2: :angel2:

I was checking my other NHs cycles and I had 11 and 13 on previous so hoping this is positive and a result of all the TX.

dr G will look after you!! You are in good hands just try to overlook the reception mayhem and fast paced instructions. Always check what you are paying for too :) xx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 9:48pm

Hi pheobe did you get the call today? I hope you had a great news

I had the LIT and it hurt so much I ended up screaming

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 9:53pm

Ah Zahra it's horrid he pain just stings and stings did Tina do it?

Yep 11 fertilised so on tender hooks now waiting for the next day 8|

Second LIT is not as bad honest, well it's stingy but Dr G did mine in less pricks....Tina made mine look like a tea bag ! ;(
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 10:46pm

Oh I am not sure what her name was but she was sweet. She kept saying sorry lol

I really hope I don't have to do another! Now I will have the first Humira within 5 days then 2 weeks later the second Humira
I was bit confused as to when the second LIT will be. Will I be retested first?

11 is fab number.. I hope it goes very well

Friday, May 25th 2012, 7:14pm

Aww that will be Tina bless her!

Well I had to have 2, my retest bloods will be next week I think. The second LIT will be within the next 4 weeks as that's how long the pre screening lasts for. Perhaps email them and ask for a date, that's what I did. If it falls outside the 4 weeks from pre screening you have to pay out for it again which will be a bummer!

All 11 still going strong today....I am so happy, excited and positive.....they had cored and one was a 3 cell already. Praying they get stronger by the da and that we can keep them all xxxxxx :angel2: :angel2: :angel2: xxxxxxxxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw