You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "dangermouse99" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "dangermouse99" started this thread
  • Tuvalu

Reg: Jan 11th 2012

Tuesday, May 22nd 2012, 9:00am

In The NEWS: IVF treatment extended to women up to age 42 on NHS

Morning ladies

Thought I'd share this incase any of you are not aware..

Personally I don't get it.. I did think it was good news but under my PCT we can only be up to 34... NOT 39 as stated here! Also only 1 cycle is offered NOT 3!

My colleague is off to the GP now (same as mine) and Im gonna get him to ask if you can be over 34 now & still be funded. (He looked impressed when i asked him NOT!)

Makes me angry how other people can be up to 39, have children already & get 3 cycles...obviously happy for them but it should be the same for everyone!

IVF treatment extended to women up to age 42 on NHS | Society | The Guardian

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "dangermouse99" (May 22nd 2012, 9:01am)

• "dangermouse99" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "dangermouse99" started this thread
  • Tuvalu

Reg: Jan 11th 2012

Tuesday, May 22nd 2012, 12:44pm

Have i posted this in the wrong section?

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Tuesday, May 22nd 2012, 2:53pm

Hey Dangermouse, i'm pretty sure this is in the right place. I too saw this this morning on BBC News. I'm afraid in my old cynical state i seriously doubt anything will change. NICE have been going on for ages that couples who require IVF should get 3 tries on the NHS and we all know full well that it just isn't happening. Every part of the country seems to be different.

I really hope one day things will change.

xxx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE