You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

layladxb

• "layladxb" started this thread

Reg: May 21st 2012

Monday, May 21st 2012, 11:46am

Worried about EC

Hi All,

I have beenr reading loads of threads and it has really helped me but I am going for egg collection tomorrow and really nervous does anyone have any tips ?

Also can you tell me how long after the eggs are collected are they placed back inside ?

Thansk

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Monday, May 21st 2012, 11:55am

Hi
I didnt want to read and run.
Good luck with your EC tomorrow!! I cant really comment on ECs as all of mine i had under GA for various reasons.
Embies often go back a couple of days later, unless you go to blastacyst which will be 5 days
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Monday, May 21st 2012, 11:58am

Hi Layladxb

Please don't worry about EC, it's really not that bad. I was exaclty the same as you as I didn't really know what to expect and I've never been sedated before so didn't know how that would make me feel. Are you being sedated or having a local/general?

You might feel a little uncomforable in the tummy region afterwards but they will they should give you pain killers and you can take paracetamol when you get home. I was given a pain killer through the canula and then didn't take anything else when I got home. By the following day I felt almost back to my normal self. How quickly you recover depends on how many eggs they collect as sometimes when they collect lots it can make you a bit more sore.

As for what happens after EC, that depends on how many fertilise and how well they're doing outside of your body. I had 5 eggs, 4 fertilised and they were all looking very good on day 3 so they kept them out until day 5 until they were blastocysts. The clinic will usually keep you updated on their progress by telephone.

I hope this helps and I'm sure there will be other ladies along shortly to offer their experiences.

Wishing you lots of luck!

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 3rd 2012

Children: Hopefully one day

What's Up?
Gutted

Monday, May 21st 2012, 12:02pm

Hi there,

I was really nervous the first time I went for EC but it was over very quickly and I didn't feel a thing - just a bit of very mild stomach ache (like AF pains) afterwards. I don't like the needle they put in the back of your hand to administer the sedative and found out that there is a cream - called Emla cream - that you can ask to have put on the back of your hand about 30 mins before which completely numbs the back of your hand - you don't feel a thing once you've had that - it's great!

Timing of embryo replacement depends on how many eggs they get at EC, how many fertilize and how good quality they are - it could be 2 days afterwards or as long as 6 days. Again, this didn't hurt - it was like having a smear test done.

I hope this helps - good luck!!

C xx

Me and DH: 39. TTC since Dec 2007 - unexplained infertility. Started IVF Aug 2011: 6 failed cycles (4 fresh, 2 FET); 3 blastos on ice

MY DIARY

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Monday, May 21st 2012, 3:29pm

Hi,

Good luck for tomorrow. EC not that bad like the others say it depends on how many they collect. As for egg transfer is depends on how many are fertilized. I had 10 eggs collected 9 fertilized they put them back in on the 2nd day after egg collection.

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Monday, May 21st 2012, 7:10pm

Hi
I've always found this fine, in fact I quite like being sedated for a bit as it means you can escape the stress of it all for an hour or so (not that it will take an hour, but it takes a bit of time to come round fully afterwards)!
Good luck
Jenny
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

Reg: Feb 10th 2011

Monday, May 21st 2012, 7:14pm

Good luck but don't worry. You won't feel much just mild AF like pains afterwards
""Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best!!!""

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, May 21st 2012, 7:44pm

Hi,
For egg collection my tip is don't panic as you'll be either sedated or under general, so you won't feel anything. Take some socks cos theatres are soooo cold.
The embryos are put back between 2 and 5 days after ec, depending on the number and on how they are dividing.
Good luck babydust

Monday, May 21st 2012, 10:19pm

Like the others have said, try not to worry. EC is fine and you will be given drugs, so won't feel anything. Here's to lots of lovely eggies tomorrow. Good Luck xxx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Tuesday, May 22nd 2012, 7:29am

Good Luck today x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

layladxb

Thursday, May 24th 2012, 9:04am

Hi there, all went well thank you so much for your kind words- I had a GA and still feel a little tender now, they took 7 eggs and 5 have fertilized, I am scheduled on Sunday to have the implantation and then the dreaded 2WW !!!!!!!!

ETA I am 37 and overweight so ,,,,, everything is crossed

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "layladxb" (May 24th 2012, 9:06am)

layladxb

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 1:00pm

had only one egg transferred as all the others were not good enough, dont know how I feel to be honest, cried for almost 1 hour.....................

Reg: May 30th 2010

Monday, May 28th 2012, 4:21pm

It only takes one and they tranferred the best so fingers crossed for a BFP!

xx Rianon

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 1:53pm

Hi hun

It only takes one. So fingers crossed for our BFP

xfingers

Lucy Loo xx

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Saturday, June 2nd 2012, 6:10pm

Why are you upset hun? One egg is brilliant. My only egg that survived is in her jumperoo now bouning away merrily. Keep the faith!! xx

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

Reg: Jun 1st 2012

Children: Nil

Monday, June 4th 2012, 5:55pm

Hi Layladxd, I have my EC booked in for Wednesday and I too are a little nervous about this procedure! I went for my second scan today and I have approx 5 good size eggs.

When is your ET?

Ameta

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE