You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sweetnatalie" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 27th 2009

Children: Hopefully!

Wednesday, May 16th 2012, 9:14pm

Thinking of fostering.

Hi ladies.

I am just after a little advice. I am currently on the roller coaster of tx. I have had 3 cycles all resulting in early mc. And we currently have 10 frozen embryos to carry on with fet. I do not have any children but dh has two from a previous marriage. They are 13 and 16 and we see them every other weekend. More then anything I want to be a mum and to experience what it's like. But what I also want is to give a child a chance to experience good things also. I hear so many sad stories about children in care and just want to show them love.
Nothing would be more rewarding then to care for a child for a week, a month, a year. Knowing that you made a difference. You have to go into this completely knowing its a temporary thing but knowing that you helped would be amazing.
Do you know if you can foster while in between tx? Also how do you choose an agency? As I have looked at all local ones websites and they all look so alike.

Many thanks
Nats
Me 42 DH 43

2 x Natural :BFP: resulting in M/c
1 x IVF (NHS) :BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
1 x FET (NHS) :BFN:

Sept 11 (Norway) 2 Embies on board (12 on ice) :BFP: MC at 5 weeks!!
Jan 2012: FET 1:BFP: MC + Ectopic?? at 6 weeks
Jul 2012: FET 2:BFN:
Sept 2012 FET3:BFN:
Nov 2012 FET4:BFP: - No heart beat at 8 weeks gutted. our Ivf journey is over!!

Reg: Sep 3rd 2009

Children: none

Wednesday, May 16th 2012, 9:27pm

hey hun i dont think you can, if u have had tx in the last 6 months.
How are you holding up xx
1st ICSI freeze all OHSS
1st FET :BFN:
2nd ICSI test date 3rd Nov :BFN:
2nd FET feb 12 :BFN:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, May 16th 2012, 9:28pm

Hi Natalie,
I am not sure about how to proceed, however I know that Suffolk county council are looking for foster carers. You need to check their website here: Foster Carers (link external to FZ) and maybe ring or contact them.
I know a few people that have been foster parents and they have enjoyed the experience.
Take care

• "Sweetnatalie" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 27th 2009

Children: Hopefully!

Wednesday, May 16th 2012, 9:35pm

Hi one day. I'm great ta. Having another fet probably July. I knew you had to be 6 months clear for adoption but wasn't sure with fostering. Ideally to start would want to do short term. Just to help out in between cycles. How have you been?

Thanks Maria. I will give them a try. Someone at work is going through the process with them at the moment. Will give them a call maybe and see what they say about the tx thing
Me 42 DH 43

2 x Natural :BFP: resulting in M/c
1 x IVF (NHS) :BFP: Chemical Pregnancy
1 x FET (NHS) :BFN:

Sept 11 (Norway) 2 Embies on board (12 on ice) :BFP: MC at 5 weeks!!
Jan 2012: FET 1:BFP: MC + Ectopic?? at 6 weeks
Jul 2012: FET 2:BFN:
Sept 2012 FET3:BFN:
Nov 2012 FET4:BFP: - No heart beat at 8 weeks gutted. our Ivf journey is over!!

Reg: Jan 11th 2012

Children: One lovely son aged 14 from a previous marriage...... would love to have a little one with my gorgeous husband xxxx

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 7:43am

Hi Natalie.........you have to go through the same process of assessment that you do with Adoption and it is very long, im not sure whether you can go the fostering route while going through IVF, email you local authority and they will confirm for you xx

MY DIARY

Ist IVF attempt March 2012--no response to drugs and abandoned, the end of our IVF journey and the start of our Adoption journey for our little LO xx

Saturday, May 19th 2012, 12:53pm

Hello Sweetie, check with your local authority fostering department - it is usually part of social services to see, but I think the same rules apply as to adoption. I have thought very seriously about this too and would love to do it in the future.

Have you thought about doing something like Befriending? I am sure they probably have similar schemes in England. Basically you have to do 6 weeks training and you get scroll checked etc, then you are matched with a child to befriend. You can commit to meeting as much or as little as you like - usually once a week or fortnight. The children are referred from social services, parents themselves, teachers etc and can be children who have difficulties themselves and the parents need a bit of respite or they can be children who are in a family home suitable for them, but perhaps with parents who are recovering from problems and could do with the space. Sometimes they are children who have other siblings with special needs and the one-on-one time is good for them.

xxx

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Children: After Ttc for over 5 yrs 1st Natural preg May 2002 gorgeous DS 2nd natural preg resulted in missed m/c at 12 wks Jan 2004 both with my ex fiancé.

Sunday, May 20th 2012, 9:50pm

Hello, hope ur doing ok,

We are currently in our last stages of assessment before going to panel for decision. It's a Very long process. Our last cycle of IVF ICSI was in 2009. We are applying at Birmingham City Council Fostering as its the biggest in England. We have been told it needed to be 1 yr since completion of ttc tx. If undergoing fertility tx we couldn't even begin process. We have almost certainly fin the route of fertility tx but haven't entirely given up hope of Nat preg. ( live in almost impossible hope with male factor issue ) if we are successful with becoming foster carers and become pg and already have a child in temp care we may be allowed to continue until birth of baby only. If waiting on a child to be placed it would be stopped until at least 12 mths after birth of baby.

Hope this helps.
Take care Hun and lots of luck.

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE