You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Belfast Child" started this thread

Reg: Nov 5th 2008

Children: None Yet :(

Monday, May 14th 2012, 6:49pm

Any Success stories with a Natural IVF cycle?

Hello Ladies,
I just got the bad news that my one and only egg didn't fertilise this weekend for the first time in 5 cycles :-( I am a really low responder and on average usually get 2 eggs. If all I get are 2 eggs why not try a natural ivf cycle? Has anyone tried this method and got a positive result?

Thanks!
[zx189]Belfast Child[zx189]

TTC 4 Years
Fibroids Removed Dec 07
1st iui May 08 - BFN
2nd iui June 08 - BFN
3rd iui July 08 - BFN
Ist ICSI Oct 08 - BFN
2nd ICSI Feb 09 - BFN
3rd ICSI May 09 - BFN
4th ICSI Aug 09 - BFN
5th ICSI Nov 09 - BFN

Moving on to Immune testing

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Monday, May 14th 2012, 7:31pm

Hello

I've been down the natural or, at least, the more natural route - you can see my profile for all the details. I don't know what sort of protocols you have done so far, but I have had success with Mild IVF, and had my little boy in 2010. For this cycle, I did Mild IVF: it was an antagonist cycle - no down regulation - with Menopur from day 2 (150 iu) and then Cetrotide. Despite being 35 at the time and having an ok FSH, I only had 6 antral follicles a couple of months before the cycle, but I went on to get 5 eggs with 2 embryos. I had one transferred and got my son :). I also had an FET with the second, but I didn't get lucky.

Since then, I have had one modified natural cycle (see Create Health's website for details) and a further two rounds of Mild IVF. I went down this route on the basis that I really didn't want high amounts of stimulation and that the problem for us is that my husband is azoospermic. That said, I have also not been a great responder, although my antral follicle count has gone up since I had my son (max I have had is 15 at one scan) and I did get 6 eggs on my last go - with a mild ivf cycle they aim for 5-7 eggs, so I guess I was well within the norm. Natural cycle is different again - there is completely natural IVF where they harvest your egg without any drugs, then there is modified natural where you have some drugs to stop you ovulating and the Hcg trigger (I have only done the latter).

You might have seen that natural and mild ivf was in the news again today - Prof Nargund (who runs Create) was cited in an article on the front of the Independent.

Anyway, hope that helps a bit - get back in touch for any more details. Overall, I would say that it needs some serious thinking about, particularly if you have male factor, but it is definitely worth looking into. It tends to be more successful for women over 35, as far as I know. It is also a LOT cheaper than standard IVF so worth a shot, I would say. Also be aware that most clinics don't do it. If you are going to do it, look at Create as they are the leaders in this, although looks like the new Zita West clinic might also offer it in certain circumstances.

Good luck! jenny
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

• "Belfast Child" started this thread

Reg: Nov 5th 2008

Children: None Yet :(

Wednesday, May 16th 2012, 8:29pm

Hello Jenny,
Thank you so much for your response. I feel it may be the best option for me as all I ever seem to get is one or two eggs. My Dr here in London said he will do it with me and to come and see him day 2 of my period. He will start me off on really low dose stimms and then monitor me until the follicle reaches around 14mm and then up the dose a little. The only downfall he said was if I was to ovulate earlier than usual, but after hearing your words of wisdom I will definitely give it a go.. It only takes 1 good one :) Although I just looked at Create website and I like what they have to say so I may call tomorrow and make an appointment for a consultation..

Thanks again!!!
[zx189]Belfast Child[zx189]

TTC 4 Years
Fibroids Removed Dec 07
1st iui May 08 - BFN
2nd iui June 08 - BFN
3rd iui July 08 - BFN
Ist ICSI Oct 08 - BFN
2nd ICSI Feb 09 - BFN
3rd ICSI May 09 - BFN
4th ICSI Aug 09 - BFN
5th ICSI Nov 09 - BFN