You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "mirror" started this thread

Reg: May 4th 2009

Children: One 4year old daughter and hoping she has a sibling soon !!

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 12:20pm

when is best to get back to work after ET

hello ladies, just a quickie.
what are your thoughts on returning to work the day after ET ? I have ET scheduled for monday morning. Would it be sane to work on tuesday or should i take a few days off? i dont have to ?probably sounds stupid, but im very confused at the moment because taking time off is difficult for me
help and advice please !! ?o( ?(
MIRRORstarsmile

Reg: Apr 21st 2012

Children: None at the moment apart from a feline daughter Didi

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 12:30pm

Hi. Mirror. As you know I had my ET Friday yesterday. Fortunately I have the weekend but have decided to take Monday off as well to make it a long weekend. Depends what work you do. I'm a medical secretary manager so have a desk job most of the time. I was told embryo finds a spot to "stick" by and around day 7 (not sure how true this is as I was a bit high on my chill out drug with my legs up mid transfer!!!) which will be Wednesday for me so contemplating maybe taking Tuesday off as well. Don't want to go mad though and need to get back to normal to a degree whilst obviously being careful. I would deffo take the first day post transfer off and take it easy if I were you.

Kerry xx :)

• "mirror" started this thread

Reg: May 4th 2009

Children: One 4year old daughter and hoping she has a sibling soon !!

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 1:03pm

thanks kerry...you are such a nice cycle buddy chatter and thanks for the advice..yeah im contemplating taking tues off as well but nobody at work knows about the treatment that im having , so its hard to take time off.....but nothing is more important for me..just dont want an added stress at this point of time..not good for me..easier said than done actually ! hahah
MIRRORstarsmile

Reg: Apr 21st 2012

Children: None at the moment apart from a feline daughter Didi

Saturday, May 12th 2012, 1:15pm

Fortunately my work are very supportive and I have been totally honest. I actually get 5 days of paid special leave per cycle which is good and don't have to use annual leave. Good luck!!!!!! X

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Monday, May 14th 2012, 7:18pm

On my first and second cycle I took a week off after ET but on my third I went back to work the day after. I found it helped to keep busy and to take my mind off things and I ended up with a BFP. Of course everyone is different and you need to do what suits you best but there is no reason not to go back to work if you feel like it.

Good Luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Monday, May 14th 2012, 7:23pm

Hi Mirror, I to went to work the next day and got a bfp. It helped to take my mind of things and made the 2ww go slightly quicker. As Curlytails said its a personal choice, i'd go with what you feel is best. Good luck xxx
Lily born 30/04/12
6 weeks early via c section

MY DIARY

Reg: Aug 3rd 2012

Monday, May 14th 2012, 8:03pm

Hi Mirror,

I had 2 days off after my ET however we live 70 miles from the clinic. My cambelt went on the way home on the motorway right in the middle of the roadworks. I was like 'Im not stressing, im not stressing' And i did my hardest not to stress! We were stuck for 7 hours!!! I thought we were doomed but to my surprise, i was pregnant! So i dont think it makes much different unless your in a high pressured job.

Kashers..
Do you know if that is just a company thing (5 days leave) or a government thing as my friend was saying the same??

xxx

1st IVF in Feb 2012 = :BFP: but sadly a MMC @ 9.5 weeks :sniff:
2nd IVF in Sep 2012 = :BFP: M/C @ 6 wks.... :tears:
Can i take any more??? time for a break
NK Cell tested in April 2013 - Normal : D
3rd IVF in July 2013 - nervous but very excited

:xxx3: