You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DD36

• "DD36" started this thread

Reg: May 4th 2012

Friday, May 4th 2012, 4:07pm

New here, so upset and hurt by secondary infertility

Hi Ladies,

I am new to this site therefore I hope I am writing in the right section.

My story is, I had my oldest son while in college then was ttc for my youngest son who is almost 5 for nearly 7 years. I then got pregant 2 years after my youngest son but miscarried at 11 weeks. A few months after that I got pregnant with my little girl who passed away at 2 days old. After 6 months of utter pain we decided to try again as we knew it may take some time, that was over 2.5 years ago.

I have been on everything from clomid,fermara,timed intercourse, scans, many iui's. I have had one early miscarriage and a chemical miscarraige which bleeding went on for almost 8 weeks.

I just found out yesterday that my last iui has not worked and the same evening received an email from a friend of mine to say she is pregnant again. She is half way through and this will be her 2nd baby, she started ttc for her 1st months after I was ttc.

I am usually on sites for ttc/iui/pregnancy after loss. But I came across this site today (took the day off work, in bed in tears all day) and it seems I am not the only one on a long road of secondary infertility. I think I have come as far as I can go, I feel broken inside. Every month peeing on sticks only to be heartbroken just can't be good for the soul. I feel depressed and think today I have hit that wall of, no more, can't keep putting on the make up, heading into meetings and smiling all day......

Would love to chat with you all in regards to this hard road.

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Friday, May 4th 2012, 4:10pm

Hi and welcome, I'm so sorry to hear about your losses.

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a secondary infertility/trying again section HERE where you can talk to others in a similar position to yourself.

There is a trying again chatter thread HERE where you can get to know some of the others trying again.

There is an IVF/ICSI section HERE with a FAQ section HERE where you will find a great introduction to IVF/ICSI.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ. We would appreciate it too if you could take a quick look over our brief terms of the site HERE so you can familiarise yourself with the one or two small rules we have, which help to keep FZ the safe and friendly site it is!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum.

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Wishing you all the luck in the world with your TTC journey

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Moogle

Reg: Sep 12th 2008

Children: A little boy and a baby girl watched over by their brother in the stars xxx

Friday, May 4th 2012, 9:48pm

Hello DD36, I am so sorry to read about all you've been through. It is a difficult road, and I think when you already have children people often don't realise that you can still hurt just the same, especially when you hear of other's pregnancies and new babies. It's unfair that most folk are able to take for granted that they'll have the family they want, but for so many of us it always seems to be an uphill struggle. And the losses compound things even more, to finally achieve an amazing pregnancy but never to bring those babies home. I may understand some of your pain over losing your little girl - my youngest son was stillborn close to term earlier this year. We are trying again now.... it feels kind of soon, but I'm too scared to leave it any longer.

I hope you're feeling a little better this evening [zx127]

You've found yourself in the right place hun xxx

BFP Jan 2008: M/C at 13 weeks
BFP April 2009: Fantastic Finlay born 3/1/2010 xx
BFP May 2011: Beautiful Brodie born asleep 2/1/2012 xx
BFP June 2012: M/C at 5 weeks
BFP Oct 2012: Cuddly Kira born 6/6/2013 xx

My diary: Sunshine, Stars and Rainbows

Reg: Apr 21st 2012

Children: DD and DS, now ICSI due to secondary infertility

Sunday, May 6th 2012, 9:50pm

Just read your post and just felt I should post and say you're not alone.
I don't know what the solution is, but wanted to send a hug.
I have children from a previous relationship, and am experiencing secondary infertility now.
Thinking of you
xx
1st ICSI: Oct 2012
Me: Low AMH (2.12) and high FSH
DP: Oligoasthenoteratospermia
26/10/12 EC: 3 mature eggs, 1 fertilised
29/10/12 ET: Grade 3, 10 cell embie
12/11/12 - BFN :-(

Monday, May 7th 2012, 9:51am

So sorry to hear of your struggles and pleased you have found the site. There are many people on here who will understand and be able to support you completely.

There is a thread on here I think called late miscarriage, stillbirth, child loss support - which might be helpful for you. Moggle is on that thread too.

On your TTC - can you ask to be referred for IVF? IVF successes are much higher than IUI. Many girls with problems like yours have had success with IVF and drugs such as clexane, asprin, steroids etc. This might be the route for you. Speak with your consultant and see what they think your next steps are to be. Do you have any illnesses yourself?

Thinking of you. xxx

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Monday, May 7th 2012, 4:13pm

sorry to hear of your pain.

are you eligible for recurrent miscarriage tests at all? I'm not sure of the 'rules' these days as I had my miscarriages before delivering my daughter. It may be that something as simple as a blood thinning drug could help you.

very best of luck xxx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE