You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "jenny73" started this thread

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 7:52pm

Immunology - do I need to go down this route?

I had a successful ICSI in 2009 (single embryo transfer) and had my little boy in Feb 2010. (This followed two failed modified natural cycles on the NHS which were badly handled and pretty much doomed). Last year, we started trying for a sibling and have had subsequently had four failures.

Jun 11 - FET (felt was pregnant briefly, but BFN)
Aug 11 - modified natural cycle with ICSI, but no fertilisation (four eggs, but only 2 mature)
Oct 11 - mild IVF cycle with ICSi, but again no fertilisation (three eggs, but only 2 mature)
Apr 12 - mild IVF (short protocol) with ICSI, good response with 6 eggs, 2 ultimately available for transfer - both grade 1, but BFN (this cycle I had prednisolone and clexane, but this was very much a standard treatment and not because of the previous failures).

During my last cycle I became unwell (see my other post about prolactin and milk production), and I feel that this was very detrimental to the cycle. My dilemma now is whether to try again but with a different clinic and perhaps going down the immunological route. I admit that I know very little about this, and I wanted to ask if anyone knows if I could have immunological issues given that I have had a successful ICSI pregnancy? Are immunological issues something that can appear with age, for example? I am now 38. Thanks very much.
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 11:11pm

Hi Jenny, bless you this is such a journey. Immunology is a minefield, that said its amazing how quick you pick things up :)
Not sure I can advise as on this train and still learning. We had 2 x failed ICSI and failed thaw at FET. Given the demands this puts on us we got level 1 bloods done on NHS.
We then made appt with Dr G and he gave options but really did mean level 2 bloods. Get saving as all quite pricey!
From these you get a better idea of scenarios.

Thinking perhaps if ur thinking along these lines get level 1 done free if u can on NHS and perhaps have ur clinic do an AMH test too.

Go armed with results if need be to DR G and either mail him results and telephone consultation or visit him perhaps!

I'm not much help but could leave you unanswered :)) xx

Good luck xxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

• "jenny73" started this thread

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Saturday, May 5th 2012, 11:06am

Hello
thanks very much for your reply. Yes, immunology seems very complicated and not sure I have the energy for it at the moment. ?o( Currently deciding what to do next / recovering from the disappointment. Hope you get lucky soon.

Jenny xx
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE