You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "thejadematthews" started this thread

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 4:08pm

whats the full name for dhea?

hi,
ive just read a bit about dhea on another thread, and wondered does anyone know its full name & can it be bought over the counter or is it prescription only? can you use this drug? if youre using fertility monitors & ttc naturally, or is it to be used in conjunction with ivf &/or icsi?

thanks to anyone who can answer my question xxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 6:39pm

The name is dehydroepiandrosterone. It can have very serious side effects and you should not be taken without your clinic's knowledge as it can affect your hormones in the wrong way. It should also be monitored by blood tests.
Your glads normally make dhea, which is then used to make hormones, including testosterone (male hormone). Your doctor would have to monitor both testosterone and dhea.
I am not sure if you are allowed to buy it in the uk without a doctor's prescription.

Please do not take anything without informing your clinic and asking their opinion.

What's Up?

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 10:25pm

hi maria,

please dont get me wrong, wouldnt ever do anything like that without clinics knowledge/consent or advice first. but I picked yp on the fact it helps with quality of eggs for women with low amh. hence rhe interest. our 1st consult with new clinic is 1st of may, & I wanted to go forewwarned & forarmed. although this is all prob academic anynow as my dh & I have discussed fully our options. if his sperm count has improved due to vits ive had him on then were hoping for iui (long shot), but realistically we will prob be offered I.c.s.i again & I cant do it again. im not mentally strong enough or financially strong enough to do it again. we will continue ttc naturally with clear blue monitor & if it happens fantastic & if it dont, then maybe its time we started REALLY focusing on our existing children. dont get me wrong, they dont lack for anything, but I am slightly preoccupied with fertility treatment. there is a guilt attached, maybe im being a bad mum, because of the preoccupation, I dont know.
but no, I hear the worry in your reply, & I hope I have reassured you that I am not about to do anythin stupid or misguided. just like information really, maybe then I'll be better prepared. so thank you for the info, will mull it over.
I hope you didnt mind me picking your brain and I hope youre,ok.

thanks,again

jade

xxx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, April 24th 2012, 4:47pm

I think it's good to get info and then ask the consultant, so you are doing the right thing.
Take care

What's Up?

Tuesday, April 24th 2012, 6:25pm

thank you maria, will do, and you

xxxx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests