You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "love to laugh" started this thread

Reg: Apr 19th 2012

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 7:58pm

Low % of mature eggs & growth of embryo

Hi, I am new to the site and hope I am posting this right....
I am 35 and been trying for 5 years. I did one egg sharing - 10 eggs shared, 4 of my share were immature and 1 had DNA fragmentation and didn't fertilise, while the receipent got pregnant and had twins: very happy for her but slightly depressed for us). Then we tried first ICSI, which failed as two embryos we transferred on Day 5 were morula. We've just done 2nd cycle of ICSI. This time I have low AMH 5.7. (23 on egg sharing cycle, 8.2 on 1st ICSI) Stimulation was going well - the day before transfer I had 12 follicles and estrogen level was above 15000. But we only had 3 mature eggs. All 3 fertilised but when I went in today (day 3 transfer) there were only 2 x grade 3 eggs. (I know there is still hope of pregnancy but I am scared of hoping and being let down again... so trying to be realistic)
I am wondering why we have such a small number of mature eggs and also they do not seem to grow well once fertilised. Anyone has similar experience? Anyone has any idea about how we should go about investigating the cause? Sperms are not super but good and there seem no apparent reason why I cannot get pregnant. I am done with crying for today but I just wanted to reach out if there are people who have similar experience.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 8:19pm

It's very hard to know why eggs are immature. From what I have found out over the years is that the more eggs you make the more likely it is for most of the to be immature or poor quality. The amh level is not relevant, it's a just a measure of your ovarian reserve. However age does affect quality.
You may want to take some preconception supplements to boost the egg quality and/or see a nutritionist who will advise on more specific supplements to take and diet to follow.
Take care and xfingers for next treatment.

• "love to laugh" started this thread

Reg: Apr 19th 2012

Thursday, April 19th 2012, 9:45pm

Thanks Maria - it is so hard not to know the cause! I have been advised to take DHEA (3 x 25mg) and CoQ10 (600mg) a day. Hopefully they do the miracle one day.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE