You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Fairydust1971" started this thread

Reg: Jan 11th 2012

Children: One lovely son aged 14 from a previous marriage...... would love to have a little one with my gorgeous husband xxxx

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 7:30am

Poor Follicle Count

I had my baseline scan yesterday......feeling a bit deflated at the nurses attitude to the fact I have not many follicles.....3 on right and she could only see 1 on the left although had trouble seeing my left ovary so wonder if there might be more....she did not give me much hope, I know that they cannot give you false hope but some hope would have been nice. How are we supposed to stay positive if thats what we get at the clinic??? Has anyone else had same results?? xx

MY DIARY

Ist IVF attempt March 2012--no response to drugs and abandoned, the end of our IVF journey and the start of our Adoption journey for our little LO xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 8:37am

Hi fairy dust, it's better to have fewer quality follies than loads, as they tend to be lower quality. The stimming drugs will make them grow. Remember you only need one egg babydust

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 9:01am

sorry, but how is the count done - ive got 1 coming up shortly. is it the probe thing or are you knocked out? keep ur spirits up, as maria says it only takes 1 xxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

Children: One lovely son aged 14 from a previous marriage...... would love to have a little one with my gorgeous husband xxxx

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 9:16am

Thanks Maria & Jade.......im trying my best to stay positive and start stimming tonight to give them a kick start xx

Jade.......they use the probe, its slightly uncomfortable but no worse than getting a smear test xx

MY DIARY

Ist IVF attempt March 2012--no response to drugs and abandoned, the end of our IVF journey and the start of our Adoption journey for our little LO xx

Reg: Aug 1st 2009

Children: 4 boys 3 living 1 deceased

What's Up?
Life is getting there - mainly good days

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 9:48am

thank you fairy dust. im fine with them. so dont need to wind myself up in knots now worrying about it.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
After a long hard infertility journey, i am now reluctantly done

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 9:53am

Hi hun

Try not to worry, Maria's right about the number of follies affecting quality of eggs. Also, you will hopefully find that the stimms make a couple more pop up out of nowhere.

I'm sorry your clinic aren't being very sympathetic. Hopefully it was just that particular nurse and you might get a different one next time who is more positive.

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 10:34am

Thanks Wannabemum xxxx .............loving your blueberry......twin blueberrys xxxxxxxx

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 2nd 2009

Children: Beautiful Jessica Mae x Holly and Elliot!

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 8:29pm

I only had two thus time around and look what happened!!
3 X ICSI
Jessica Mae Duffety born sleeping on 9 January 2011 (21+2) - TS and HLHS
Holly and Elliot Duffety born on 16 October 2011 (25+6)
Natural Surprise - Matthew Evan Duffety born sleeping on 11 October 2013 (15+5)

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 8:43pm

Hayley thanks for your message............Wow twins Congratulations............. you have made me feel more positive to know that it is possible, thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxx

MY DIARY

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 16th 2011

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 5:18pm

Hiya, I wouldn't worry too much, I was on stims for over 20 days as I had so few follicles but still ended up with 4 eggs collected, all of which fertilized, they couldn't see mine either apparently my left ovary was "hiding" behind my womb making it difficult to see...!

TTC 7 years
Me: 28, endometriosis and hydrosalphinx
DH: 30, All's well

2011: Laparotomy to remove endo cysts
2012: 2 x IVF :BFN: :BFN:
2014: IVF number 3 in Cairo, :pray:

Thursday, April 5th 2012, 9:40pm

Thanks Jasmine....... xx

Its nice to have some positive stories xx

MY DIARY

Reg: Mar 16th 2011

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 7:28pm

hi

I also only had about 4-5 follicles at my first scan and my clinic put me onto Clomid for a week which increased them fairly dramatically. I ended up with about 18, although saying that, not all of them were mature enough. But it definitely increased the count. It was the first clinic which had done this, so might be worth asking?

But equally on my last cycle I only had 3+1, with only 3 collected in the end, and we still ended up with 2 blasts, so as everyone has said, it really is about quality not quantity.

Good luck, let's hope they all grow nicely at the same rate and then it doesn't matter how many you get, as long as you get one good one!

x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]
2 x ICSI :BFN:
1 x FET :BFN:
Nov 11 - 3rd ICSI (Immunology Cycle) :BFP: Please stay with us :pray:

Jewels' Journey - My Diary

Sunday, April 8th 2012, 9:28am

Thanks Jewels for that.......im keeping everything crossed. I will know when I get scan on Wednesday xx

MY DIARY

Lynsey

Reg: Dec 3rd 2008

Children: Adopted Son @ 10.5mths old Feb 2014 xx

What's Up?
FINALLY I am a MUMMY!!!!

Monday, April 9th 2012, 10:32am

Hi also SOMETIMES the follicles contain more than one egg!!
LYNSEY xx

After x3 ICSI X2 FETs resulting in :BFN:s Apart from the last one being a faint :BFP: (only lasted a day or two) I was turned down as an egg donor so we called it a day with TX
WE ARE ADOPTING
APT Apr/May 13 HS June-Aug 13 PANEL Sept 13 YES!!
LINKED to 7mth old bab22 Oct 13
MATCHING PANEL JAN 14 YES. HOME with us 11th Feb 2014 (10.5mths old)
Finally I AM A MUMMY

Monday, April 9th 2012, 9:43pm

Thanks Lynsey xx

MY DIARY

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE