You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rainygal

• "rainygal" started this thread

Reg: Jul 7th 2011

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 1:19am

Dhea & low AMH levels ... loosing hope

Hi everyone,

I need a suggestion. 4months back I tested my AMH levels they were around 0.72 so doctor agreed for 75mg dosage of DHEA every day. I retested my levels after 5weeks it went up to 1.3. So I continued the same dose and two weeks back I got my levels tested and now it went down to 0.82. Any idea why these sudden changes of AMH levels? Doctor currently asked me to stop taking DHEA for couple weeks and then go back to a lower dose of 50mg/day since my DHEA level was around 950 which he thinks is little high. When my AMH was 1.3 my DHEA was around 653.

Did anyone face this problem earlier? Any suggestion is welcome... I am planning to start another cycle in couple of months. But with this AMH value I don't know how the quality/quantity of my eggs will be? I am very much dissappointed.

Rainygal..

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, April 3rd 2012, 7:20am

Hi rainygal,
I have no idea about this. As far as I know AMH stays more or less the same, it does not change significantly but it can vary a little. There is not much difference between 1.3 and 0.7. AMH decreases as age increses. My understanding is also that AMH is a hormone produced directly by the ovarian follicles, AMH levels correlate with the number of antral follicles in the ovaries (the higher the number of follicles, the higher the value of AMH). Nothing can increase the number of antral follicles. DHEA cannot give you more follicles/eggs than you have already got. The only thing it is supposed to do is improve quality.
There are also other hormones to take into account, such as FSH and estradiol, which will affect how you respond to the drugs.
I would just follow the advice of your doctor and then decide. My amh was 0.85 and I don't respond well to drugs. You may find that even though you may not make many eggs they might be good quality, enough to give you a BFP. You only need one egg.
Good luck with your decision.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE