You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Saffy" started this thread

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Monday, March 5th 2012, 9:17pm

How to choose an adoption agency

Hello,

Can anyone offer any advice as to how to choose an adoption agency? Anything you wish you'd of found out first before you made your choice? We seem to have the choice of our LA or 3 VAs none of which are that local to us as we don't live that near to any cities. The VAs look really small, although I'm not sure that that really means anything?

Thanks
Sx
PCOS and Azoo, what to do? Adopt smile2

Saffy's Diary

Marlene

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, March 5th 2012, 10:00pm

VAs versus LAs

Hi Saffy

We chose a VA over all the LAs in our consortium where we live on the basis of the professionalism they presented to us when we enquired. We did attend a couple of info evenings at the local LAs, but having sent out 25+ emails to LAs within a certain mile radiuus I had no repsonses if they did respond it was no use.

We have just been approved for the 2nd time and again with a VA.... totally great experience... whilst sometimes being frustrating overall really good . Definately attend info evenings just to get a feel xx

good luck

Beautiful Daughter and gorgeous Son through adoption, my family now complete , 2009 started our journey and complete Oct 2012 ....

parteepartee

• "Saffy" started this thread

Reg: Mar 27th 2009

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 5:04pm

Hi Marlene,

Thanks for the info, great news you've been approved again. To be honest I never thought you'd have to be approved again for a second but I guess it makes sense as your circumstances are completely different.

Well I rang our LA today just to make certain they had are application and the woman who answered didn't even think you could apply online and that it often didn't work if you could. So I reapplied over the phone. But they don't do information sessions, well she said they had none planned, this is from an LA which is rated outstanding! It will be 4-6 weeks until we are contacted but as our address is a different county (we are right on the border but pay rates to same county as LA) she'd not sure they'll take it any further!! And so the nightmare begins!!!

Will have a look for VA's now although none of them seem to be nearby.

Sx
PCOS and Azoo, what to do? Adopt smile2

Saffy's Diary

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE