You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Lizzie Burt" started this thread

Reg: Feb 22nd 2012

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 1:46pm

Humira Advise Please!!!!!

Hi,

I'm about to start taking Humira and have been reading the info given to me by the ARGC and I'm now having a bit of a panic moment.

Has anyone taken Humira? What were your experiences? Did you have any side effects? Did it work? Did you have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby?

Could really do with some reassurances from somebody who has been through it, starting to freak me out a bit!!

Thank you x x x x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 5:55pm

Hi Lizzie and welcome to :FZ:
I have taken Humira last year. Here Humira is licensed for rheumatoid arthritis and for Crohn's disease and other auto-immune diseases HUMIRA (adalimumab) . It is not licensed for fertility, so I was skeptical too as this whole field of immunology is not scientifically proven, backed up by proper clinical trials. However I did take it.
I was a bit ill while taking it and have also developed a benign growth on my face. My advice to you is to read the leaflet (you can read it online before you get the drugs here http://www.nacc.org.uk/downloads/factshe…gAdalimumab.pdf ). I all I was ok. Most of the side effects happen to people when they take it for a long time. You will take it twice or four times maximum.
I didn't get pregnant, but there are plenty of ARGC ladies who have. My immunes did go down so it worked in that respect. If you have been asked to take it by the ARGC then they think it will be beneficial to you. There is no need to freak out. Read the info, balance the pros and cons and then decide. It is up to you if you take it, but on the other hand if you don't then you'll be wondering 'what if...' Talk to the argc again if you are worried or your GP. I talked to 2 GP was was for taking Humira, the other against.
Good luck with your treatment xfingers

**Admin/Moderator note - This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityZone.co.uk is not responsible for the content of external internet sites**

• "Lizzie Burt" started this thread

Reg: Feb 22nd 2012

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 10:03am

Thanks Maria, that's actually a great help.
We told the ARGC that we were going to go for it regardless and signed the forms there and then - I'm 40 this year and this is our third IVF cycle with over four years of TTC - I feel as though I'm running out of time and options and so we decided to just go for it. But I'm a worrier and need reassurances! Having said that, the ARGC have been great so far and I trust them so I think we'll stick with it.
Thanks again :)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 5:07pm

You are welcome. i did the same as you as I'll be 40 this year too....