You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Miraclebaby" started this thread

Reg: Dec 16th 2007

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 11:43am

Awww, thank you so much darling Scarlett. Quite platonic, nothing dodgy? Dam.n! Have a great weekend lovely. lurve blowkiss

Phoebe, what's the news from yesterday??? Hope all good. Please update when you can. :xxx3:
TTC 13 yrs; Me: 44
1-4 ICSI: BFN
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
4. IMSI Immune Dr Gorgy:bio BFP
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
7 FET Dr G 8/13: failed BFP
8 PICSI 2014 BFN
9th - Me, myself and I. Serum hysteroscopy with implantation cuts Oct 2017; Serum FET Nov/Dec 2017? I'm now on my own following shock divorce. Keeping positive that I finally get my Miraclebaby.

The end of this journey shall justify the pains. I must win this fight

Diary

Reg: Feb 10th 2011

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 12:57pm

Hello ladies,

You have been bit quite so i thought i will ask.

Pheobe, how are you feeling now? I hope your scan went well and everything is fab.

MB, how is you? have you started stimming now? have you finished all your LITs?

Papaya, i hope you are feeling good too and your recent scare has passed.

AFM, I am week 2 of stimming, taking fostimon, merional, clexone, soon to add cleritude (sp?). I am also on antibiotic for hidden C (he cont retest on time), predistone, omni-something. I have had quite worrying time, as first 3 days of stimming nothing happened, now there are around 8 follies, 12mm largest and the rest smaller so he will keep me stimming this week with EC estimated to take place next monday.

I am praying my follies grow, Dr G said things are slow with me. I am also due to have Intralipid tomorrow or thursday. Wish me luck that i have similar luck to you guys and it is finally our time. : D
""Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best!!!""

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 7:03pm

Hi Zahra!

Thanks for the update!

I was actually looking at your page yesterday, I think it was, because I was anxious for your news. I saw your post on July chat but it felt intrusive replying just to you. OMG so many pills but hang in there, Dr G knows what he's doing and I really hope it is finally your time. Come on follies, please grow, lovely ones. By the way, do you meditate? If so, talk to them, send them positive energy and encourage them to grow. I also like Zita West CD, which is relaxing.

As for my news, check out my diary, (link in my signature), as I wrote a full update recently. However, in brief, my TH1:TH2 results were much worse following 2 humira than prior to treatment with TNfa about 13% worse and IFN 12% worse. We saw Dr Gorgy who said that the positive is that we now know what my body does when I'm pregnant, not that I've ever been pregnant to my knowledge! He also asked us to postpone the cycle. I'm having two more humira injections, last one next week, followed immediately by intralipid. We'll retest TH1:Th2 and LAD the week after next. Whatever the results (fingers crossed they're good), we intend to start on the pill with my August period and then DR.

All the best with your stimming and EC honey! Please post here when you have news, even if it's just a copy and paste from your usual place as I'm very keen to know how you're getting on. I really pray that this is finally your time!

Take good care.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN
9th - Me, myself and I. Serum hysteroscopy with implantation cuts Oct 2017; Serum FET Nov/Dec 2017? I'm now on my own following shock divorce. Keeping positive that I finally get my Miraclebaby.

Diary

papaya

Reg: Jul 18th 2011

Tuesday, July 10th 2012, 9:54pm

Hi Zahra

I have sent one post just 10 minutes ago but realised that it didn' come up. I was on holiday and just came back. It was nice to be away somewhere sunny.

You still have quite a few days yet for the follies to grow so don't worry. I was at Gorgy's yesterday to have IVIG drip. My TNF and IFN results were completely normal before the pregnancy but now they are very high. I hope IVIG helps it as the cost hurts!

I was very relaxed during my cycle. Prepared myself for everything. I think it helped me get pregnant, so be relax. I think it will be your turn.

Good luck
Me 40,DH 55
ttc 9yrs,1 failed IVF
2012 Cycle,immune Dr Gorgy Twins!

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Friday, July 13th 2012, 6:22pm

Sorry u haven't been here ladies! I am bad boo me!

Mainly tired lol!

Apologies now for crap spelling it's the iPhone ok!?

Zahra fear not had all of it the same:
Menoral, Fostimon, Gonassi trigger injection, Clexane 20mil pre EC then and still on 40mil. I had hidden C drugs Docycycline and omoprazol (apparently this is just to stop u getting upset tummy) some Az...drug had to take either side of antibiotics and then another course at 6wks and 10wks pregnant for 10 days each time, I'm on and have been since EC Predisalone and Prognova and cyclogest (prefer this to Crinone) so trust what he is doing to top it all the Predisalone they keep giving me 5mg tabs so have to take 5 lmao only small but cheaper than 1x 25mg good thing is now get it free :) so remember soon as pregger get NHS to replace private prescription!

Oh and I had intralipids still will need top ups, plus 4 x LIT just had 3 of 4 and in beginning I had humira!

Costs a fortune but worth it keep hope and positivity oh and my top tip lmao
After ET eat fruit and nut chocolate and watch the movie American Pie the reunion I think I laughed so much I thought embies would fall out lmao
That night I felt little buzzy feeling be it something or not I believe it was :)

Afm had 8wk2 scan just one heart beat, second sac didn do anything after 6wks :( but we are blessed and over the moon that we have a LO on the way!

Was scared as at 7wks had severe gastroenteritis so Ill for 3 days! Had to take paracetamol for fever too! But all is well amazing how big they get :)

Baby measured 8wk3days so on target :)

Now at 9wks 2days and feel fat at least people keep looking at me given I was going to the gym alot not long then people will see I am pregnant and not fat and can't wait!

Lots of love to u all xxxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 2:58pm

Phoebe, you crack me up. Hope all is well sweetie. Still loving the attitude. I shall be ordering fruit and nut chocolate and American Pie. Lol! Take good care. xxx

Zahra, just sent you a private message. How was EC? Wishing you all the very best of luck. xxx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 6:04pm

Zahra when was EC? How are u!? X
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Tuesday, July 17th 2012, 7:54pm

Hi ladies

I just wrote long post only to lose it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

MB, I saw your PM and wish you said something, it would have been nice to say hello in person. you should not worry about privacy lool, when all your bits have been on display on regulary basis, you kind of lose your inhibitions. DH was terrified of administrating the Prontogest and was getting trained. Poor man has been nervous wreck.

I hope your infusion went well. I had 2x intrallipd, humira and LIT. I was not retested as my cycle went ahead anyway. When you start your cycle, your body will be in great shape, so fingers crossed hun :thumbup:

Papaya, how are you and the baby? I hope you are enjoying the experience. are you still injecting? having intrallipid or IVIG infusions?

Pheobe, I hope you are well too, how is the little one? I am glad all the scans went well. The drugs made me really sick, i got every side effect on the leaflets including oral trush, vomiting, headaches, pain in my joins, hot flushes. I have been off work for the past 2 weeks, i went back yesterday but could not sit still, now GP signed me off until next week wednesday. by the way did the steriods swell your face? my cheekbones look like inflated balloons :)

AFM: well i have stimmed for a record 18 days, Dr G gave me a lot of drugs, sometimes increasing, sometimes reducing as my E2 levels went up and up. Finally my lazy and stubborn ovaries produces 9 eggs, highest i ever got, so quite pleased. Now i am hoping for a good fertilisation rate tomorrow.

EC at LFC was really nice, staff were lovely. I really felt well looked after and what a difference from my NHS experience. I am at home now, feeling still high, drowsy and bit sore. not complaining tho.

I need to start the Progestrone injections tomorrow morning, I was counting of using the fat/bottom part of my Jlo arse and was disappointed to be told to inject on the top, i hope it wont hurt as much as everyone says. anyone got tips?

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 9:55am

Zahra, I really wish I had said something too and when I tried to get you back, you had left. Also, we all post what we want on this site and because Tina was in the room, I didn't want to blow our anonymity by doing so. But hey, even though we didn't realise initially we 'knew' each other, you still gave me the biggest smile ever and we did say hello which just shows that we're never alone in this horrible journey when there is someone else going through the same quest.

Any news on fertilisation? Keeping all crossed for you as you must be very anxious. Hope the injection is going OK. I've never had those, so no tips.

Take good care and let us know the news and when ET is planned.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

papaya

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 5:51pm

Hi Zahra

I am 12 weeks now, had my last scan 3 weeks ago and both babies were fine. I will have my another scan next week. Also retest my NK cell levels next week. I am curious if IVIG worked for me.

I still dont have any symptoms apart from getting big. I am still taking a lot of drugs but they will gradually finish by the end of the next week. Clexane will continue till 31 week of the pregnancy. Clexane didn't hurt much at the beginning but now I get much bigger bruises and hurts more so I decided to do it on the upper tigh yesterday and hurts less and much smaller bruises.

I hope your fertilisation going OK? Good luck
Me 40,DH 55
ttc 9yrs,1 failed IVF

Friday, July 20th 2012, 7:10am

Hi Zahra and all!

How's fertilisation results honey!?

Not had those jabs but ice cube on area before the prick will numb any pain in that area :)

Anxious I bet hang in there !

Had drama as you can see on my immunology post about ivig but assured abc feeling better today now I know what is what!

God I am so tired and out tonight (the driver too) if course :)

Papaya how did you feel when coming off the main meds? Got to keep going with clexane AF 12 weeks and wean off cyclogest, Predisalone, Prognova? Bit worried LO needs those now but Dr G knows his stuff I guess :)

X
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 10:38am

Hi ladies,

Sorry for the late update. Fertilization went awful. I had ICSI/IMSI done. The idea was to select best sperm before injecting. Well out of my 9 eggs, 2 were immature, 1 disbanded (not sure what it means), 2 were abnormal. So they injected 4 and 3 fertilised.

I felt terrible, I had such a high expectation this cycle. ET was on Friday and they transferred 2 which were 6 cells but fragmented and below average.

Embryologist was trying to explain but I just zoned out. I felt really crushed and was trying so hard to hold myself. All I wanted was to get out and run.

Dr G did my transfer and kept repeating how I had to keep taking the meds.'I must have had the look of deranged woman'
So I run out and cried all the way home. What a way to start the 2ww.

I am done with the self pity now, and will return to work tomorrow.

I hope you ladies are doing well.... Sending you big hug zzzz

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 12:50pm

Zahra, you poor thing. Big hugs. xx I know it is very hard, but please don't lose hope. Cell 6, fragmented on day 3 are not bad. In 5 years or so on this website, I've seen so many *seemingly* hopeless cases get their BFP. The one that I will always remember is a lady who had a bad fertilisation and had just one 2 cell embryo put back on day 3. Her single embryo hadn't divided since day 2 and everyone thought it was a totally hopeless case and even the embryologist thought it wouldn't divide anymore. Well...nature trumps Science and the lady (Louise) got pregnant!

I wish you the best of luck. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

papaya

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 11:02pm

Hi Zahra

I am sorry that you are feeling so bad. From what I know, Dr Gorgy wouldn't tell you to take the drugs unless he genuinely thought that you had a chance; I met a lady at Gorgy's clinic and she said that her last cycle had failed. She had been told beforehand that her embriyo quality was bad and she had very little chance. He wouldn't give people false hope.

Please be positive and take your drugs and folic acid.

xx
Me 40,DH 55
ttc 9yrs,1 failed IVF

papaya

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 8:32pm

Hi Pheobe

I am happy about coming off the drugs actually. Continue with clexane at the moment , another 2 weeks cyclogest but half dosage, prednisolone also cut down and will finish in 9 days, progynova for only 4 days after 3 months. Please take notes while you are talking to Gorgy as he was very fast while he was telling me; I had to ask him to repeat many times!

I am anemic so I am feeling fainty very often now. I am on the iron tablets but didn't make a difference much. I am with UCH now and going for a scan tomorrow.

xx
Me 40,DH 55
ttc 9yrs,1 failed IVF

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 10:31pm

Right Ms Zahra you have two embies on board now you need to laugh alot :) so tomorrow watch the film American Pie the reunion and eat fruit and nut lol

I mirror what MB says heard it too even myself I was broken when they said below average and hey it worked!

As of next Weds on cut down doses like Papaya but staying on clexane! Oooo ouch!

:)
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 4:40pm

Hi ladies,

Zahra - thinking of you this week. Best of luck on test day. Praying for a BFP!

Papaya, hope you're doing fine and getting used to the weaned off drugs.

Phoebe, hurray for Wednesday, though I expect it will be a bit daunting. I always get massive bruises and pain from clexane, no wonder you're not thrilled about it. When do you actually stop it?

I have hysteroscopy tomorrow. A bit daunting but hopefully all will be fine.

Take care all.
x
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 3rd 2012

Children: We want children

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 5:00pm

Good lucky MiracleBaby for tomorrow

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 5:03pm

Aww. Thank you so much Amina. x
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 5:08pm

your welcome. I have written in your diary to help you with it. Really hope it helps.

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 6:17pm

Thank you. I've written in your diary. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 7:17pm

Hi MB, thank you and i wish you best of luck tomorrow

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 9:20pm

Good luck MB!

Zahra how you doing where are you at honey?

Afm nervous worrying about Weds :/. As for clexane I am on it for the duration but used to it now lol xxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

United Kingdom

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 9:30pm

Good luck for wednesday Pheobe

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 3:25pm

Hi all,

Thanks ladies for all your good wishes. Phoebe good luck tomorrow. Zahra, still keeping all crossed for you for test day. When is your blood test??

Hysteroscopy went well. The consultant said my womb cavity is in "excellent condition", so one thing to tick off the list!

However, I'm totally depressed. :-( Got results of retest of LAD today after two LIT treatments. All the results are dramatically worse than before treatment. WTF! [B cells] IgG has gone from 7.6 to 6.2 (Dr Gorgy wanted it to go up to 50%!) and [B cells] IgM has gone from 31.6 to 9.5. Utterly depressed as this journey seems to be one step forward, three steps backwards. Waiting for results of 3rd (!) TH1:TH2 test after 4 humira and intralipids and not filled with confidence.

Any chance the LAD test results are mistaken? It just doesn't make any sense to me that LIT did nothing but worsen things. Has anyone experienced this? My period is imminent and the plan is to start pill and treatment. What do I do, postpone treatment yet again when so far, all my post treatment results have been much worse following treatment with no guarantee that any of the treatment is working for me? So so depressed about all of this.

The whole point of the immune treatment is to feel we're doing something different from 4 failed fresh ICSI cycles. I now feel totally dejected and have little confidence in a new cycle having better results than last ones when everything appear worse than when we started.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

papaya

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 5:18pm

Hi Miraclebaby

Congratulations on your hysteroscopy! It is important to have a good uterine cavity for the implantation.

I know what you mean about the LIT treatment. My Tcells went up after the LIT but B cells IgG+ dramaticaly went down. See below my results before and after the LIT.

Before LIT After 2 LIT treatments
T-cells IgM+ 4.1 31.9
T-cells IgG+ 6.3 50.8
B-cells IgM+ 15.6 26.8
B-cells IgG+ 53.7 4.6

I had one LIT just a few days before IVF and one after getting pregnant as well, in total 4 LIT's. I didn't go for retest for the last two LIT's after getting pregnant . Gorgy might ask you to have another LIT before your IVF. I have been told that LIT can sometimes lower the numbers as it is not always easy to find a complete dismatch for DQ alpha. I think after my low results he went for complete dismatch donor for me, in my third LIT.

I am on lower dosage cyclogest and 0.4 ml clexane at the moment. I will stop cyclogest on Friday completely. I had only a few days headache after stopping prednisolone but now I am fine. I get nose bleed very often from the beginning of my pregnancy. I don't know if it is about pregnancy or clexane. Do you have similar situation Pheobe?

Good luck to everyone xx
Me 40,DH 55
ttc 9yrs,1 failed IVF

Kylie

Reg: May 17th 2011

Children: Beautiful fraternal twinnie boys!!

What's Up?
Lucky lucky lucky!!!

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 5:31pm

Hi All!!

I had posted in this thread some time ago but I've been without internet access since... hope you don't mind me joining you all again.

Miraclebaby, hello!! I'm glad to see that things are moving along for you but sad to hear about your results... pants!! I can imagine how you're feeling, you're putting yourselves through all these tests and drugs to find that the opposite effect is happening. What has Dr.G said abut your results? Has he made any suggestions or do you have a meeting booked for another day? From the very little that I know on the subject it seems that there are still lots of options to help with the many variations. At our initial consulatation we were told to go for certain tests that were critical but when the results came back low he didn't seeem overly concerned. His brain is quite mysterious!! I have everything crossed that this is just a minor blip and that Dr.G sorts it pronto and puts your mind to rest. I saw another post where someone had their 2nd LIT during treatment without checking the results from the first LIT!!! Mysterious!! Anyway, I hope he puts your mind to rest! And yay for your hysteroscopy!!!

Papaya, I think I'll be asking you lots of questions so beware!!! Congratulations to you, hope you're enjoying your pregnancy!!

Hi to everyone else on here... I'm so looking forward to being able to talk to ladies who are at the same clinic... I had my 1st LIT on Thurs 19th July and have my 2nd on Mon 6th Aug... does anyone have any appointments then? I'm from the Midlands and it would be so lovely to accidently on purpose bump into an FZ friend!

Sending lots of your way!! xxx

Me 37 DH 35 :kiss3:
IUI May & June'11, IVF1 Dec'11, IVF2 Mar'12 = BFN
IVF3 - Immune Cycle Dr.Gorgy 07.11.12 :BFP: ;( please God look after my beautiful angel :heart:

1st FET March '13 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] Fraternal twins born 07.11.13 :boy: :boy: Thank you God!
Lucky Lucky Lucky?? Kylie's Diary

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 6:00pm

Papaya, thanks for the post. When you say mismatch, does that mean you had donor LIT? If so, how is the matching done? The two LITs were my DH's. Congrats on being past 12 weeks. Wishing you the best and hope you get to relax and enjoy your pregnancy which must be so difficult after all you've been through. xx

Kylie, thank you and good to have you join us. Glad to hear you've started treatment. All the best. xx

PS. Dr Gorgy is on hols until 6th of August so I can't get any reassurance from him. I'm awaiting results of 3rd TH1:TH2 retest and will send an email to clinic tomorrow to try and get an answer from him or Dr Eskander. My period is imminent and I need to know whether I can start the pill!!
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Miraclebaby" (Jul 31st 2012, 6:03pm)

papaya

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 12:23pm

Hi Miraclebaby

Yes, Gorgy recommended me donor LIT. My husband and I had 2 DQ Alpha numbers almost the same so I needed something different to my DQ alpha. Mismatch means both 2 DQ alpha numbers are different than yours.

Kylie I would like to answer your questions as much as I can, no problem.

My pregnancy is going well at the moment. Fingers crossed. We got two black twin kittens 1 week before my pregnancy and now I am pregnant with twins so our population will triple in the house within a year:)
Me 40,DH 55
ttc 9yrs,1 failed IVF

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 10:34am

Hi Papaya, thanks so much. Glad all is going well with you. I'm starting the pill on Saturday. Dr Gorgy is back on Monday. I'll probably have donor LIT and IVIG as my 3rd TH1:TH2 have also come back still very bad after 4 humira and intralips. Boo. xx

Zahra, thinking of you and anxious for your news. Keeping everything crossed for BPF. xx

Phoebe, hope all is well after yesterday and no withdrawal symptoms. xx

Kylie, hello! xx

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Saturday, August 4th 2012, 6:47am

Hi Ladies,

Well Dr G back Monday that place will be manic :)

Had 3rd LIT on Thursday but looks better than before reckon body used to DH now :)
Hope LAD show that!!!

Started to ween off last cyclogest today but really worried about that I mean they don't test progesterone levels so how does he know? DH said I shouldn't question the miracle worker when he has known what to do so far but the bum bullets feel like a safety net eeek!

Does taking prednisalone and cyclogest dampen sensation like cramps etc as never really had that and when I have it's been wind lmao sorry!

Wondering what to expect as I come off these things no one tells you??!

12 week scan was amazing showed again day ahead so just like other scans so now every Tuesday I class that as a week. I don't want to worry or worry sake but do you think things will be ok what with coming off meds I am concerned how the body takes over?!

Any news from Zahra when is the test date?

MB, Papaya and Kylie here for you all :)

Xx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 1:04pm

Thanks so much Phoebe and best of luck with the drugs. I'm with DH that Dr Gorgy knows best but it is of course only natural to worry.

No news from Zahra. Her 2 week wait ended on Friday, I think. I really pray it is good news and I guess she'll share with us, when she's ready to do so.

Take care xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 6:11pm

Hello lovely ladies!

Sorry it took me so long to write. I tried but could not bear it many times. Unfortunately it was BFN for us for third time.
DH & I are not sure where to go from here onwards.

On top of that I have been very sick. My face and legs have swollen. I have rash on my face, neck. then earlier last week I started having a fever, tightness on my throat as if someone was strangling me. My left side felt numb. I called FGA and they saw me within half an hour bless them.

I feel better now. I will let you know where we go from here

In the meantime I will still be rooting for each and everyone of you.

Much love xxxxx

Sunday, August 5th 2012, 6:56pm

Oh Zahra. I've sent you a PM. I am so very sorry. There is nothing I can say to make you feel better. I was so anxious for your news and was hoping with all my might that it was good news.

So sorry to hear that you've been so unwell. Did FGA say why?? I'm glad you're better now and wish you full recovery soon. It must have been so very scary for you two.

I hope you and DH can find ways to comfort each other at this very sad time.

Take good care of yourself sweetie.

Big hugs xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 6:49am

Zahra my original message didn't post. I just wanted to say I'm thinking of you. I am shocked at the BFN have you spoken to Dr G yet?
Be strong, don't give up Pleaae it will work, it really will honey xxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Tuesday, August 14th 2012, 6:51am

I am not happy with The fact everytime I pay for a blood test (£260-£360+) I then to find out result have to pay £130 for a 2 min consultation....really?????

Has anyone else had this as I think it stinks grrr!

Really tight for money as hubby still has no job :,(
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Wednesday, August 15th 2012, 12:54pm

Hello ladies,

Hope you are all OK.

Thinking of you Zahra.

Phoebe, I feel for you on the consultations! Can you ask for the test results to be sent to your address and maybe send short email queries if they're of concern? We saw Dr Gorgy last week (more below) and I saw my menstrual blood retest this week when I went for intralipids. I was asked to come in to discuss the menstrual blood but I said I couldn't afford any more consultations, having just seen him the previous week, and 3 weeks before that! Tina (bless her, she's a sweetheart), got him to look at my notes and write prescriptions without having to come in for what would have been a 2 mins chat.

Our news is that following bad TH1:TH2 and LAD retests, Dr Gorgy advised us to postpone starting a cycle for yet another month. Because of my bad TH1:TH2 (following 4 humiras and 1 intralipids), I've had a second intralipids this week, and will be having those every 4 weeks. I will also have intralipids and IVIG during stimming. Because there was no change in my LAD after two LITS, Dr Gorgy wants me to have 2 pooled LITs, where DH's blood, and blood from 3 or 4 donors are used to shock my immune system into producing antibodies. Needless to say, pooled LIT is even more expensive than normal LIT. I'm scared shit.less by the idea of being injected with blood from unknown men with unknown se.xual and medical histories but we've started, so we must finish!!

All of above mean that I will continue on pill until probably end of September when I will start buserelin. I will also have an endo scratch to improve our chances.

The costs have gone utterly crazy!!! I'm not too upset having to postpone because I trust Dr Gorgy's judgment and would rather give us a better chance of success than a rushed failed cycle, when there are untreated factors. Also, having had houseguests for past 5 weeks, my diet and exercise routine have been screwed and it will be great to lose some weight before stimming. The plan is to get back on my diet from next week - long weekend in Edinburgh coming up and I won't be dieting! We've also got 5 weeks of antibiotics to get rid of persistent macroplasm which came out positive in menstrual blood but were negative in all my blood tests.

Saw previous consultant yesterday to discuss hysteroscopy and he was full of praise for my "excellent" womb cavity. He also praised its perfect symmetry! He said he's been doing lots of research on miscarriages for women my age and that he was positive that if I achieved implantation, I would have a healthy pregnancy because everything looked great. He was very sweet, asked us our plans, told us to keep him informed if we got pregnant and said that he would do our first scan for us. Bless him. Even though he thinks immunology is mumbo jumbo total waste of money and had vehemently discouraged us, we had given him a thank you card because he really has been very sweet and kind to us. Most especially, although we were his private patients, he had helped us to get the hysteroscopy done by him for free on the NHS in a private hospital where I had a lovely room all by myself.

Best of luck everyone.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Kylie

What's Up?
Lucky lucky lucky!!!

Monday, August 27th 2012, 10:04pm

Hi all,

Hope everyone is doing well, just had a question for anyone who has gone through a cycle wth Dr.Gorgy. I understand that everyone is different and that he'll advise on the course of the cycle with the inidividual, but could you tell me a bit about your cycles please? I've seen comments elsewhere where he has asked you to start taking pills on the first day of the period etc. My previous cycles were long protocol where I DR'd on day 21 and I was told that was fairly routine. I haven't been told much about how this cycle will go and I'm just curious really about tmescales. We're throwing everything we can at this cycle so if we have to wait then that's fine but it would be good to have an idea of what he does.

Thank you... love to you all xxx

IVF3 - Immune Cycle Dr.Gorgy 07.11.12 :BFP: ;( please God look after my beautiful angel :heart:

1st FET March '13 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] Fraternal twins born 07.11.13 :boy: :boy: Thank you God!

Thursday, August 30th 2012, 7:52pm

Hi Kylie,

Well I had pretty much everything, all tests, swabs, tablets, injections, humira, 4x LIT, bum bullets :) and still on Clexane and intralipids every 4 wks!

All I will say is you are right every cycle is different but most important get used to not knowing what is happening its all good but Gorgy does tend to go from one thing to the next but he KnoWS what he is doing look our result ;)

The only thing I didn't have that was suggested after pregnancy was ivig a) couldn't afford it and b) personal choice didn't want to have it anyway and managed to get by so far with intralipids!!!

Good luck it's quite a journey but amazing once it works and it's taken us 6 years honey!

X
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

papaya

Friday, August 31st 2012, 11:39pm

Hi Kylie

I didn't take any pills and started injections (Merional and Fostimon) on the 5th day of my cycle. I think mine was short protocol as it took only 9-10 days. I had 3 LIT before my cycle and one after the pregnancy. I am on Clexane and had 1 intralipids and 2 IVIG since I got pregnant. My TH1/ TH2 results went up suddenly so I am having IVIG for that reason.
Me 40,DH 55
ttc 9yrs,1 failed IVF

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 1:19pm

Ladies,

Hope you're all well.

I need your help please.

Could you tell me what medication you had for stimming from Dr Gorgy? (Papaya, I note from below you had Merional and Fostimon). Also, did you get the medications from him or were you able to shop around for cheaper drugs? If you got from him, how does his costs compare with other places like Healthcare at home? I'm trying to figure out whether it is worth the hassle of pushing for prescriptions so I can shop around for the expensive drugs and have time to get my GP to prescribe cheaper drugs like predinsolne and none-IVF drugs, or whether I should just chill, go with the flow and get everything from him, if the costs are not significantly different.

Any thoughts appreciated.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

papaya

Wednesday, September 5th 2012, 7:57pm

Hi Miraclebaby

I bought my all drugs privately as my GP doesn't prescribe fertility drugs including Clexane. First I started to take Suprecur before my cycle I think I paid £70 for two bottles at Dr G. Suprecor and Merinol are not bad price with Dr. Gorgy. I paid £250 per box which have 10x75iu injections in them. If you have any leftover injections you can take them back and get credit from Dr. Gorgy so it is good.

You can get the clexane from Tesco. I think it is a better price if your GP doesn't prescribe it.

xx
Me 40,DH 55
ttc 9yrs,1 failed IVF

Friday, September 7th 2012, 3:17pm

Thanks so much Papaya, very helpful to know. Just to clarify, my GP doesn't prescribe fertility drugs but he very kindly said he would write me a prescriptions for drugs if they can also be disguised as not being IVF specific drugs e.g. clexane. Having said that, my GP isn't near my house - long story and hassle factor involved in actually getting this in practice means that I won't bother if the difference in price isn't huge.

More questions please. What are the appointment requirements like during stimming? In my previous clinic (I've had 4 failed fresh cycles), you basically get 3 scans every other day during the second week of stimming. I don't live near Dr Gorgy and need to plan to stay nearer him if he requires scan/blood tests every day or every other day? I heard ARGC even does blood tests twice a day. Is it like that with him?

Have a great weekend. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

papaya

Saturday, September 8th 2012, 10:32am

Hi Miraclebaby

I had 1 scan every other day but towards the end I had last 2 days.
Me 40,DH 55
ttc 9yrs,1 failed IVF

Monday, September 10th 2012, 8:08pm

If it helps I had about 2/3 scans a week near the end I was getting scans on Saturday an bloods on a Sunday - just before EC xxx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Tuesday, September 11th 2012, 1:20pm

Papaya and Phoebe, thanks very much. I guess the close monitoring is part of the reason he works miracles. Hope you're both OK. xxx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Kylie

What's Up?
Lucky lucky lucky!!!

Tuesday, September 18th 2012, 5:35pm

Hi Pheobe and Papaya, thank you so much for your response... apologies for the delay in reply, I feel kinda in limbo at the mo.. I just feel like life is passing me by and sometimes I find it hard to log on to here, not least coz by the time I get home from work I'm literally asleep!! And the info you gave in reply to MBs quesstion about scans was very useful for me in the future too!! Thanks again!!

MB, I see you'll be starting soon, so chuffed for you that it's finally here!! Have you had the LIT done already with the pooled donors? I've been told there was no change to my LAD results either, so I'm going down tomorrow to get the pooled LIT done and I'm scared too but like you said, I trust Dr.G.

Hope you're well xxx

Friday, September 28th 2012, 5:22am

Just checking in on Gorgy's Girls hope you are all ok!

X
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Friday, September 28th 2012, 12:59pm

Hi Phoebe,

Hope all is well with you. How are you feeling now you're off most meds? Hope fine and positive. Any more scans? Hope you're getting a little bit more relaxed about things and enjoying your pregnancy a little more, even if understandably a little anxious after all you've been through.

Question for you, do you get a room for EC or is it an in and out thing? My old clinic would serve breakfast and allow a couple of hours recovery before discharge but I note the EC info says discharge after 30 minutes!!

Bad news for me following baseline scan and blood tests. I have a massive follicle that is active - confirmed by E2 (489!) and LH blood tests. My body seems to have ignored the last two months of being on the pill and nearly a week on buserelin and didn't down-regulate. I took trigger injections on Wednesday for today to get rid of the follicle and once I bleed, (apparently in a week or two), we can scan again and hopefully start stimulation. Not exactly sure how the bleeding will occur in a week or two as my period only finished today! Oh well, we'll see. In the meantime, I remain on buserelin injections. More in my diary.

Anyway, take care and have a great weekend. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Friday, September 28th 2012, 9:40pm

Hi Mb oh damn our bodies they have a complete mind of their sorry to hear about ur follicle once that's out the way Dr G will put it right!

With EC hun they were so lovely. I waited in the waiting room. Got taken by the head nurse to be weighed and have BP done I think did the normal allergic to anything etc and then taken to a little cubicle to put the gown on then walked into theatre (just a little room with bed) met the anesthetiser who was bonker highly funny and the girls were lovely too. Got on the bed and in space of few mins had cannula in hand and out for count. All other times in NHS they never gave me enough so always semi with it not this time
Loved it don't know why I was scared lol

Anyway wheel bed out into a cubicle and curtain. BP again report on numbers then moved to a chair for tea and biscuits. When ready got told to get changed - job done reckon all in and out on about hour and bit lol!

You can park on metre outside in the central bit.

Lfc people were lovely!!!

X
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests