You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Miraclebaby" started this thread

Reg: Dec 16th 2007

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 7:41pm

Dr Gorgy

Hi all,

Hope you're all well.

After 4 ICSI failures, we've decided to investigate immune issues and have our first appointment with Dr Gorgy next week.

I've been trying to educate myself on immunology. I've read countless pages, threads, diaries and even the immunology chat on FZ, various other websites and I have also completed reading Dr Beer's book.

I understand that we'll have the blood for the Chicago tests taken during this first appointment and I would be grateful for any tips on making the best use of the appointment or questions that I should be asking. I would also appreciate practical tips like availability of car parking in the area, difficulties getting to the clinic where the blood is done (I understand this is at a different place?) and just anything that you wish you had known for your first consultation.

The lady on the phone at Dr Gorgy's said I didn't need my medical records but at the moment I've gathered info including previous tests for both DH and I, medical history, past cycles details, passports (not even sure why they wanted these?).

I'm very anxious and daunted about a possible immune cycle, (all info point that I might have immune issues), the whole LIT, IVIg, humira etc all seem quite full on/intense and I've been used to straightforward cycles, which clearly haven't worked for us. Is an immune protocol more manageable once you had started treatment compared to how scary it seemed initially? Any tips for a scared woman or is it just a case of one day at a time?

Any tips gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

MB xx
TTC 13 yrs; Me: 44
1-4 ICSI: BFN
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
4. IMSI Immune Dr Gorgy:bio BFP
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
7 FET Dr G 8/13: failed BFP
8 PICSI 2014 BFN
9th - Me, myself and I. Serum hysteroscopy with implantation cuts Oct 2017; Serum FET Nov/Dec 2017? I'm now on my own following shock divorce. Keeping positive that I finally get my Miraclebaby.

The end of this journey shall justify the pains. I must win this fight

Diary

Reg: Feb 10th 2011

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 8:04pm

Hi,
First of all meeting Dr Gorgy is an experience. I had my first consultation end of last month. I took my medical records. I had 2 failed ICSI so need investigations regarding implantation failures.

He asked me rapid questions such as past treatments, outcome of tests, your general health etc. Questions come rapidly and I had to ask him to repeat over and over again. Also he uses medical terms so since you read the books you should be fine

He invites any questions you may have but by then I was too nervous, I could not think. It happened so fast.
I called few days later and got his assistant to tell me the tests he recommended. I am in fact having the blood tests done tomorrow.

Please don't worry, just be prepared. Good luck
""Life doesn't require that we be the best, only that we try our best!!!""

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 8:13pm

Hi miraclebaby,
I can't really help with Dr Gorgy as I'm at the Argc. However I can help you a little maybe with questions. At my first Argc appointment they actually asked me questions. I'm assuming he'll do the same. He will then tell you what tests you'll need. I would prepare questions about your past cycles and current tests, what tests he would suggest and why, what protocol and why, what drugs to use and why. I think it's good to take old tests and notes. I did and I also emailed the Argc with a detailed history of my past cycles, which the doctor had clearly read beforehand.
I'm not sure where dr Gorgy's clinic is. If fits in central London I wouldn't actually drive but take the train. The Argc hasn't got a car park and the parking round there is expensive.
Once you start the cycle it's not too bad, it's just more jabs if you have to take cleaner and progesterone injections. But you may not need them. It will depend on the tests.
Good luck xfingers

Tuesday, February 28th 2012, 10:16pm

Zahra, thank you so much for replying and sharing your experiences. I have written down some questions, otherwise I would forget. Wishing you the best of luck with your blood tests and treatment. Take care and thanks. xx

Maria, thanks for the post and the reassurances. Great idea about emailing a detailed history beforehand. I will draft something and send tomorrow. All the best and thanks for the wealth of info you've posted all over the immunology section. Very helpful and much appreciated. All the best. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN
9th - Me, myself and I. Serum hysteroscopy with implantation cuts Oct 2017; Serum FET Nov/Dec 2017? I'm now on my own following shock divorce. Keeping positive that I finally get my Miraclebaby.

Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 8:18pm

Good luck miraclebaby babydust

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 8:36pm

Aww, huge thanks Maria. Thanks to your advice, I've today drafted a detailed medical history and questions which I'll send to Dr Gorgy before our meeting. Take care xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 10:10pm

Hi miraclebaby,

I met Dr Gorgy today, he did one of my tests himself and the rest were all blood tests done nearby. I have to say today was great. I got one of his assistances to write down all the tests and explain to me what they were. I also got her to give me their price list as it's different than the one quoted on their website.

Apart from emailing, I recommended you to know your history, he asks simple things such as your weight, body fat, last smear test etc
He also asks loads of questions about specific cycles you have had. I was on NHS so hardly had any doctor explain but the girls here have been fantastic.

I am going back in 3 weeks for further tests. I hope your journey runs smooth. Good luck

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 12:43pm

Thank you so much Zahra. Wishing I'd done my smear test before the meeting but never mind!

Glad to hear yesterday went great and wishing you the best of luck with your test results and the further testing, and of course your treatment.

It would be great to keep in touch especially if we end up cycling together with Dr Gorgy.

Have a lovely week. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 1:06pm

Well I got the GP do most basic tests. He won't do kryotyping. I got the smear results within a a week

Please keep in touch

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 5:57pm

Hi Miraclebaby, bear in mind that some GP might not want to fund the tests. It will depend on them. xfingers they will!

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 10:05am

Zahra/Maria, thanks for the posts.

I did some level 1 tests in 2008 which were all said to be "normal" except for lupus anti for a positive lupus anticoagulant for which I continue to take baby aspirin and had clexane for ICSI.

However, I just found out on Monday whilst collating documents to take to Dr Gorgy, that the CD19 results from that test were highlighted in red ink and described as high by the lab. The result was 21% (compared with normal of 3 to 8%) but the consultant still sent us and our GP a letter saying that all was fine and that I didn't even need the basic prednisolone. I am so pissed off at this consultant's negligence to even tell us about this especially as having now read Dr Beer's book, CD19 of more than 12% is seen as a possible cause of miscarriages and recurrent IVF failure and a level 5 immune issue needing Ivig etc. Mine was 7 times higher than the lower mark for normal and nearly double the 12%!!

My GP kindly agreed to Level 1 tests which I had arranged in February to ensure that I had the results before seeing Dr Gorgy. The tests were for lupus anticoagulant, natural killer cells, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid function, anticardiolipin antibodies, FSH, LH and oestradoil. The last 3 tests are not very useful because they were done on day 13 of my cycle because my GP insisted that it wasn’t necessary to do this on days 2 to 4 of cycle as I had requested. I've been told on the phone that all the tests were "normal" but I requested copies of the test results which I received yesterday. Looking at the results, if I read it correctly, I think they forgot to send blood specimen for the lupus anticoagulant. WTF?!? Also, it showed a bunch of tests that didn't look anything like the Level 1 immune tests I did previously in 2008 or the named tests. Maybe Dr Gorgy will make some sense of it all!!

Have a great weekend.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 5:06pm

The blood tests (inclding some of the immunes) can change, so try not to panic. Dr Gorgy will help you. You have already had the lupus anti which was already positive. You don't need it again, that is probably why they didn't send it.

Friday, March 2nd 2012, 8:29pm

Aww. Thanks so much Maria. That's reassuring to know.
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 5th 2008

Children: Yes please!

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 10:59am

Hi Miraclebaby

I've been seeing Dr Gorgy since about April last year. Like the others have said he goes through things quite quickly and you often need to ask him to repeat his questions. With my first appointment I took along a spreadsheet with me detailing all of our previous treatments, including all the details of drugs taken (on what days and dosages), no. of eggs, no of fertilised eggs, no used/frozen etc... This helped me to remember and give him all of the information needed.

If you have an appointment Monday to Wednesday in the morning, then you will be able to get all of the recommended blood tests done that day, as they need to be done before 12pm monday to Wednesday. The blood is taken 2 doors up from Dr Gorgy's clinic, wich is on Wimpole street. We normaly drive in and park at a small car park behind Edgeware tube station. The walk is a good 20 minutes but the parking is outside of the congestion area and cheaper than parking on the street. If you take the train, there are a couple of tube stations, which are a 5 to 10 minute walk away. Bond street is the one we use if we get the tube in.

It is very daunting at first having to go somewhere new and going into the world of immune treatment but you soon get used to it. I had quite a lot of immune treatment before starting my cycle in October but am now pregnant, so I believe that the immune treatment is what we needed having had 9 previous failed IVF/FET attempts. I still have to go up now for repeat tests and IVIG or intralipids but have stopped all other drugs.

If you have any specific questions, please let me know. Good luck with your appointment.

xx
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
(ICSI x 4, FET x 6 - 2 early losses)
Tx no. 10 - Immune Protocol through Dr Gorgy :BFP:
MY DIARY

Sunday, March 4th 2012, 2:54pm

Hi Beanie,

Thanks so much for your very helpful post.

Just shared your story with DH and we're both going wow. What an amazing story you have, most inspirational and what strength you must have to have kept going after so many failures. I'm so thrilled it has happened for you and wishing you the very best of luck in the next few months. What a wonderful ending and a great motivation to me and others like me.

I have sent a comprehensive ICSI and medical history summary to Dr Gorgy which will hopefully help with some of his questions and I've gathered various documents and taking my previous IVF notebooks - I'm anal about note taking!!

Thanks so much for the offer to ask specific questions, much appreciated. I'll do so by PM.

Have a great week.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 4:40pm

We had a very good meeting with Dr Gorgy. DH and I both liked him, and he clearly knows his stuff. He was patient, kind and seemed genuinely interested in spending time with us instead of the rushed consultation you get sometimes.

We managed to get all the immune tests, infection screening and karytyping done same day. All that's remaining is my menstrual tests for next cycle.

Thank you all for your posts which definitely helped us to make the most of this meeting.

Best wishes.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 4:46pm

Glad it went well! :thumbsup:

Scarlett

Superstar

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 5:23pm

Sounds very positive honey, well done you! lurve :xxx3:

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

United Kingdom

Wednesday, March 7th 2012, 8:02pm

Great to hear that your appointment went well. x
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
MY DIARY

Thursday, March 8th 2012, 11:09pm

Thanks ladies. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Friday, March 9th 2012, 2:26pm

Tests results

Very impressed to get some Chicago test results in the post today. That was quick!

NK Assay (% killed) Panel

50:1 16.4% (normal 10 - 40)
25:1 7.4% (normal 5 - 30)
12.5:1 .9% (normal 3 - 20)
IgG conc 12.5 50:1 ** 5.6%
IgG conc 12.5 25:1 ** 3.8%
IgG Conc 6.25 50:1 ** 5.8%
IgG conc 6.25 25:1 ** 3.6%
%CD3 82.5% (normal 60 - 85)
% CD19 – *12.1 (a little high as normal 2 - 12)
%CD 56 5.2 (normal 2 – 12)
%CD19+cells, CD5+ 6.6 (normal limit 5 – 10)

NK Assay W/Intralipid

50:1 w/Intralipid 1.5 mg/ml 10.9%
25:1w/Intralipid 1.5mg/ml 7.5%

Leukocyte Antibody Detection (LAD)
Flowcytometry Negative
(T-cells) IgM+ 5.4%
(T-cells) IgG+ 10.8%
(B-Cells) IgM+ 31.6%
(B-Cells) IgG+ 7.6%

My interpretations of these test (and please correct me if I'm wrong!) are that as LAD is negative, I will need LIT to bring the results above 30%. I read also that Dr Gorgy likes the results to be above 50% before starting cycle. I also, read somewhere that they like 50:1 to be below 15% (currently 16.4% which is in normal range). Also, given my CD19 is slightly above the normal range, Beers book says anything above 12% is problematic. I'm guessing I would need either IVIG drip (I responded better in the tests) or Intrapid (mixed response in tests as one went down and the other slightly up!)?

I would really appreciate your views on above. Also, we paid £750 for the NK assay tests which I expect would include the TH1:TH2 tests. Do these tests results come separately? A little concerned that it wasn't included.

Thanks for all your help and have a good weekend.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Friday, March 9th 2012, 3:44pm

PS to test result post..

DH's semen culture says "scanty mixed skin flora". Clueless what this means and can't really find anything online. Any ideas please? xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Abods

Star

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 19th 2009

Children: None

Friday, March 9th 2012, 4:28pm

Oh wow, that is quick!

Can't help you with the results as I'm totally clueless myself. When do you have your next appt with Dr Gorgy to find out what all the results mean?

ABOD'S DIARY
Jun 09 - 1st IVF - BFP - Early M/C Nov 09 - 2nd IVF - BFN Feb 11- FET - BFN
Feb 2012 - FET with immunes - :BFP - M/C at 5.2wks
30 April 2012 - meeting with Dr Gorgy - Test done awaiting result

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 9:02am

Hi MB
I imagine that your DH's results may just mean there's a bit of contamination from naturally occurring skin bacteria?
As for the other results, I was LAD -ve with elevated cd19 (along with high nk cells and dq alpha match) & CARE only used intralipids and steroids for these issues. I know that ARGC & Dr Gorgy do favour IVig, but CARE get good results from intralipids.

Really pleased that you feel more comfortable with the whole "immune" thing now. :smile:

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 9:09am

Yes chatter is right. All your problems can be treated so all the best for your next cycle! babydust

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 10:39am

More Test Results

Hi all,

Thanks so much for the posts.

Angie, I need to wait a month for my next period to send off the hidden chlamydia test in menstrual blood, following which we'll make an appointment to discuss all results and treatment plan. So looking at April or even May.

Maria/Chatterbox, thanks so much. I sought Paul's advice and the sperm result is normal. Very reassuring that there is treatment for everything! Also, interesting to know that Care get their good results with Intralipids.

We've now had the rest of our infection screening results which are normal.

I've also received the TH1:TH2 cytokine ratios:

TNF-a:IL -10 is *31.4 (normal 13.2 - 30.6)
IFN-g-IL - 10 is 13.3 (normal 5.8 - 20.5)

Ladies, I'm assuming this means Humira and/or intralipid and/or IVIG to bring my TNF ration down to 30.6 . However, given that the results are only slightly elevated, surely we should be able to avoid the expensive IVIG drips?

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, March 10th 2012, 12:38pm

Possibly, you'll have to wait to see what he says. I have taken humira only so far.

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 5:28pm

Thanks Maria. Patience is a virtue..apparently! x
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Scarlett

Superstar

Reg: Oct 23rd 2007

Children: William aged 3

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 5:36pm

And I know you can be very virtuous if you try hard. ::P

nn
1st IVF July 2008 BFN
2nd IVF Nov 2008 BFN
3rd DE IVF July 2009 BFP!
4th DE IVFJan 2012 BFN

5th FET April 2012 BFN

United Kingdom

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 9:43pm

Hi MiracleBaby

Sorry haven't been on here for a while so didn't realise you had your results. Sounds like your levels aren't too bad at all so hopefully intralipids and steroids will do the job but only Dr Gorgy can tell you what he feels is best.

Did you have your DQ Alpha done?

xx
Beanie5
Me 38 [zx076] DH 43
MY DIARY

Reg: Mar 18th 2010

Children: Little one on the way....so excited long awaited!

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 11:42pm

: D Hi MiracleBaby

Woo hoo your with Dr G too!

Well I am on the contraceptive pill of all things at the moment in preparation for DR though I think that is what I am doing at the moment too - all abit weird but guess it makes sense :S

Well my TNF Alpha was just over the 30.6 mark think I was 36 or something and Dr G said to me that he likes it around 25...anyway 2 hurmira jabs and a blood test to Chicago later I am 26.4 so it worked!

My LAD was negative so Dr G's throw all at it option was to have LIT so had one last week....I won't put you off lol :whistling: but its worth it....mine was itchy for about a week. If your need more info on this just shout me lol and I will be honest but I did it plus the Aqua Scan all in one day - little uncomfortable but hey :thumbsup:

I never did :thumbsup: the menstral blood chlymidia test just didn't feel having both had every test done I am confident personally this is not the issue my results seems to suggest impantation issues so here is hoping.

Another LIT treatment in a few weeks something to look forward to but requested Dr G to do it not his ditsy nurse lol ::P she just annoyed me constantly telling me it was going hurt *huff* it does as its an injection but its bearable no fretting! You just don't need her telling you constantly how it is :box:

Where are you at now with the plan :)
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
Sept 2010/Apr11 - 2 x icsi -BFN
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw
Dr Gorgy Jun12 :BFP:
bab22 Evan born 25/01/13 perfect baby7

Reg: Mar 13th 2009

Children: Hoping for a miracle.....please

Tuesday, May 1st 2012, 3:59pm

Hi ladies,

Well, i have had the lad (2 injections) great results, 4 humira injections to reduce my TH1/TH2, they went from 38/35/32 so still a bit high, 3 intrelipid drips, lots of retests and now i am on 40mg presnisolone daily, 40mg clexane some doxycycine, omazaprol and estrogen patches and pessaries every 8 hours.....i am resting up after 2 8 cell embies were put back in yesterday and crossing everything that this works.....!

come on little twins....stick!!!

x

Kylie

Reg: May 17th 2011

Children: Beautiful fraternal twinnie boys!!

What's Up?
Lucky lucky lucky!!!

Monday, May 7th 2012, 10:17am

Hi ladies..

I hope you don't mind me joining you on here...

Nix, congratulations PUPO lady!!! I pray you LO's stay sticky!!!

I need some advice. My cycle started yesterday and I'm testing for menstrual chlamydia. After collecting it says to refrigerate until able to send off. I'm at my Mum's house till tomorrow morning so I was wondering if anyone has done this test and not kept the sample in the fridge? I could wait until tomorrow but it says to do on the heaviest day which is usually day 2. If it must be in the fridge I'll find a way to hide it, or I may just leave and go home today but thought would ask here first. Sorry if it's a daft one!!!

Thank you!!! xxx

Me 37 DH 35 :kiss3:
IUI May & June'11, IVF1 Dec'11, IVF2 Mar'12 = BFN
IVF3 - Immune Cycle Dr.Gorgy 07.11.12 :BFP: ;( please God look after my beautiful angel :heart:

1st FET March '13 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] Fraternal twins born 07.11.13 :boy: :boy: Thank you God!
Lucky Lucky Lucky?? Kylie's Diary

Kylie

What's Up?
Lucky lucky lucky!!!

Monday, May 7th 2012, 10:24am

Aaaaarrrgghhhh...

Angie, I tried posting in your diary several times last night and then again this morning but FZ keeps logging me out when I press the repy button... I'm not sure if it's a blip or I'm not allowed to post or something... will try and PM you instead!!!

xxx

IVF3 - Immune Cycle Dr.Gorgy 07.11.12 :BFP: ;( please God look after my beautiful angel :heart:

1st FET March '13 :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] Fraternal twins born 07.11.13 :boy: :boy: Thank you God!

Abods

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, May 7th 2012, 6:14pm

Hi Kylie

Must be a problem with FZ, but don't worry hun, as for the test I would keep it in the fridge as it also says to put an ice pack in with it when you send it to Athens.

Pheobe - Hope all is going well with your tx.

Nix - congrats on being PUPO have everything crossed for you!

We are off to the Doctors Lab in the morning so DH can do his sample then going to pop into patisserie Valerie down the road after, those cakes just make my mouth water so much!!!!

Hope you are enjoying your extra day off

blowkiss

ABOD'S DIARY

Kylie

What's Up?
Lucky lucky lucky!!!

Monday, May 7th 2012, 6:25pm

TMI Alert

Thank you Angie!

Gotta ask a very awkward question.. I'm struggling to collect for the test.. I barely have a drop.. The doc said a few drops but the form says a ml.. Do you mind me asking how much you managed please? If you would prefer not to say I'd completely understand.. It's a very personal question..
Will have to check out those cakes on our next appointment! Sounds fab!
xxx

Abods

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, May 7th 2012, 6:35pm

Kylie

I haven't done mine yet my AF is not due for another week or so, I've already decided I will collect some on my first day as this is my heaviest and abit on the second. All I would say is just everytime you go take the tube with you, its all confusing to me too and have to admitt its the one part of testing that worries me as its down to me to get it right. Hope you manage to get some more

blowkiss

ABOD'S DIARY

Monday, May 7th 2012, 6:58pm

Kylie I had the same problem last month. I rang the clinic sadly Dr G was out but his collegue Dr aleksander collected a sample by needle. It was horribly painful for me

Abods

Star

United Kingdom

Monday, May 7th 2012, 7:56pm

Zahra - OMG, I have my legs crossed so tight you would just not believe, I will sooo make sure I get it right now!

I hope all is going well for you

ABOD'S DIARY

Monday, May 7th 2012, 8:26pm

Please don't worry. It's called aspiration I think. The doctor was really lovely and chatted telling me of Egypt
The best time is to do the test on first day of your period. You need few drops only

Friday, May 11th 2012, 11:24pm

Oh bless you TMI alert well TueDay was the worst day ever. Dr G is so chaotic I never seem to know where I am. Not having a plan but told to call on day one of cycle I did and mailed them on bank holiday Monday. Well at work Tuesday got a call sayin I need to go for a blood test a two hour journey and unprepared eeek

Went had to go on my own :( Dr G said to prepare for a scan ewwww I thought I had such a heavy day 2!
Well he then started talking about drugs to take. Considering previous cycles on NHS long ones I said innocently to Dr so when and what is the plan he said start injecting tonight I will see you x day x day and x day the. Again on x day and them looking at EC week MOnday!

Blimey I said that's quick he said I am in good hands bless him I needed some reassurance!
Told me I will have intralipids which I didn't think I was having but you do have to go with it he is full of surprises l :)

So Monday I have scan, bloods, LIT poss intralipids oh blimey!

Had gonal f before and this time I have fostimon! I ended up doing menstral chlymidia as I needed a test done and was so heavy it took me seconds but girls there said people normally only manage a few drops but too late for you and ur question sorry!

So had loads bloods done and treated self to chai latte on way home chatting to hubby. Got to Holbirn tube on underground and realised left my drugs bag in star bucks aarrrggghh!!!! I got back there ran in they had it and I came out and cried I was washed out. Better now though and today was less traumatic just chat and bloods xxx : D
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Abods

Star

United Kingdom

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 8:04am

Hi Ladies

I need your help, I'm going to be doing my Menstrual tissue colllection which I'm fine with but did you all pack it with a icepack? I don't have one of these all I have is a disposible icecube pack would this be ok?

Thanks

ABOD'S DIARY

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 11:44am

Abod, i had it done at Dr G's office as i needed to go in and pay anyway.
I think that is the best option, it will safe you the stress of packing, then posting etc

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 2:35pm

Hi all,

Wow - the thread has grown into our little Dr Gorgy forum. Thank you all for your post.

Sorry for MIA. Had two weeks holiday, came back with lots to do and a little down; haven't really felt much like writing about my woes! Brief update on our treatment with Dr Gorgy. DH and I are currently on antibiotics because my Greek tests showed infections which didn't show on any of the UK tests. Hmm! I had LIT last week, 21 injections on one arm and 9 on the other; painful! Still swollen, itchy, bruised but like everyone else, small price to pay for this to finally work. Having my first humira shot tonight and another in two weeks time, and then another LIT in 3 weeks time. I will retest both LAD and TH1:TH2 (TNFa 31.4) and if still high, then intralipid and/or possibly IVIG.

*Tips for anyone having LIT, make sure your DH eats beforehand and make sure he takes something sweet with him! My DH didn't eat and we didn't know that he had to give a whooping 200ml of blood! He started sweating profusely and nearly passed out with the nurse fanning with a magazine! I was a bit peeved that given how much we're paying for all of this, they couldn't even give the poor man a cheap biscuit when he had such a turn. Anyway, he lived to tell the tale, found a coffee shop to eat, rest before going into work.

Beanie: I replied to this the week the site crashed and lost all our posts!! Yes, we did DQ Alpha, have a 50%. Hope all is well with you. xx

Phoebe: So glad humira worked for you. I can't seem to find an update for your cycle. Hoping for good news. xx

Nix71: I can't seem to have an update for you too. Hoping for the best. xx

Kylie: So sorry it didn't work your second time and sorry I missed your query. If anyone else wanders to this page, I basically did mine on the heaviest day of my flow, after showering, sat on bath ledge, and pressing the tube inside and allowing little drops to get in. I did this a few times and then was done. I also called Dr Gorgy's office (twice) and was told to keep it in the fridge but it didn't need to be couriered in a cool bag. Not the most gracious thing but hey! xx

Angie: Nice tip about the cake shop. I was so down after my LIT, could have cheered myself with a nice cake!! OK...that's not so low carb!! xx

Zahra: Your experience sounds horrendous! You poor girl!!! xx

Good luck everyone and have a great weekend.

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Sunday, May 27th 2012, 11:21pm

Hi Miraclebaby I am in Marvelous Mays just get crashing anywhere that takes me lol ET tomorrow eeeek! Hope Dr G has given me the perfect body!

Xx
Me34 DH40
MF LC/Poor MOT
FET Sep11- 3 No Thaw

Monday, May 28th 2012, 2:09pm

Found you on Miraculous May, though Marvelous sounds great too. Ha ha. Keeping everything crossed that you're PUPO with another Gorgy BFP. Please post here and let me know how you get on.

Truck full of babydust

xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Monday, May 28th 2012, 2:56pm

Maybe we should found one place for all Dr Gorgy ladies

it seems we would need to hold each other's hands ( i know i would)

Monday, May 28th 2012, 7:26pm

Zahra, virtual hand holding coming your way. I too would like some hand holding!

I had a major panic last week about all the treatment and new drugs and the chaos the few times I've been there which is very unlike my previous clinic where they were super organised and I like order!! Anyway, I've decided to take a very big chill pill! The plan is to remain encouraged by all the ladies it has worked for, go with the flow, ignore the chaos, keep telling myself that this phase shall pass, and focus on the end results. xx
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary

Monday, May 28th 2012, 7:47pm

Likewise if you ever need any hand holding:)

I am finding it hard too. I got my second LIT scheduled in 3 weeks time. Got a call today to confirm it.
Now I am dreading the humira injection tomorrow. I will inject in the tummy area

Monday, May 28th 2012, 7:55pm

Thanks..

Good news about your second LIT. I had mine two days before you. No calls yet about 2nd LIT and when I asked this morning, was told that it will be done later in the week. Will chase on Thursday. Keen to avoid having to pay another £270 or whatever for blood tests!

I had injected the humira last night in my thigh which always seems better than tummy. Traumatised for life from injecting the horrendous clexane in my tummy!
5 - 8 Dr Gorgy
6 PICSI Dr G BFN
8 PICSI 2014 BFN

Diary