You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "hbkmorris" started this thread

Reg: Mar 21st 2010

Wednesday, February 22nd 2012, 8:46am

Uterine NK Cell Biopsy

Hello everyone

I wonder if any of you have been to see Professor Siobhan Quenby in warwickshire for a uterine NK celll biopsy?

I have had all my Level 1 immunes tested and we are waiting for the results meanwhile as we have self funded all our treatment we can't afford the level 2's and the extra drugs such as intralipids so I have found the professor above who will perform a uterine nk cell biopsy for £260 which is part of her implantation failure clinic.

My consultant has already agreed to put me on 20mg of prednisolone with my next fresh ICSI cycle so am I waisting my money or should I still go and have the biopsy incase she finds anything else wrong down there.

I'm in a right pickle as I'm still not getting a positive ovulation pee stick and today is day 11 of a 24 day cycle so i'm now worried i don't ovulate... When will this headache ever end

Thank you in advance.

x

Reg: Nov 20th 2008

Children: Fingers crossed x

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 9:16pm

Hi there,

I haven't had a biopsy done, but I did go and see Siobhan for her advice. Unfortunately at the time (last summer) her funding had run out and she wasn't doing tests privately.

I did however have a consultation with her and she was lovely and very helpful. She suggested a course of treatment for me which did get me a BFP, but unfortunately I miscarried later.

I was prescribed prednisolone, plus extra progesterone and lots and lots of full fat milk! But everyone is different and you can't assume she'd say the same to you.

After all that rambling, I guess I can't really answer your question whether its the right thing to do for you, but I didn't want to read and run.

Good luck xx
Never give up on your dreams...they do come true.
ICSI #8, Anna born 26/2/14....the most amazing gift in the world x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 6:10pm

Hi hbkmorris,
some clinics think that the nkcells uterine biopsy is not needed as the drugs you would be taking for the other immune issues, like steroids, intralipids etc would deal with the uterine NK cells if you had them. Other clinics like to do them to have a full picture. My clinic doesn't do them and it's on of the most successful clinics in the UK, the ARGC.
You only can decide if it's worth having. You will have to read around and get info.

As fa as ovulation goes, stress can delay it, so try not to think about it if you can. It ould also be that you are missing your peak for one reason or another.
Good luck.