You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

yorkie1

• "yorkie1" started this thread

Reg: Feb 6th 2012

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 6:30pm

How long on the NHS for ICSI?

Hi there,

I have been waiting about year for ICSI through the NHS. My partners sperm count is extremely low. - less than 100 in a sample.

We've had various tests and have had to pay to freeze sperm at The Bridge clinic in London Bridge. I now have to wait another month to have an initial IVF chat with the NHS nurse. Has anyone else been through the NHS, after the IVF chat how much longer am I likely to have to wait? I have tried to speak to the nurses, but they're always busy and don't have time to answer my questions. Do I need to have cycle monitoring? Or can I start straight away on the IVF drugs? How long do I need to take the medication for before they can do egg retrival? Please help, it's the waiting and lack of information which is stressful!

Thank you ?o(

annab2

Reg: Feb 7th 2012

Children: Not yet

Thursday, February 9th 2012, 8:12pm

Hi Yorkie, I am also on your same situation with ICSI on the NHS. We had all our tests done before our referal for IVF so at our first appointment at Hammersmith the consultant booked us for treatment. That happened last week, we have the coordination appointment next week and will start on drugs after my next period. In summary, no waiting list in my hospital.

I was told I will be on the long protocol, which is around 21 days before egg collection.

Good luck with everything, we did experience a long process to get to IVF as the fertility consultant in our local hospital was in no hurry and due to lack of knowlegde on our side...we wasted a few months but hey..I am now in shock about how quickly Hammersmith wants to treat me.

The nurses at Hammersmith mentioned that NHS patients normally have to wait 2 months from initial consultation to start treatment, that is to allow time for the funding to be approved. I think all my previous chasing meant funding was somehow already approved.

I wish you all the best in this journey xfingers
Take care
A.
April 2012- ICSI BFN
Nov/Dec 2012- ICSI BFP

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE