You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Ressy2011" started this thread

Reg: Jan 13th 2012

Sunday, January 15th 2012, 10:26pm

Treatment for low count and motility?

Hey,
I have a low count and poor motility and been told i not get funding due to partner having a child from a previous relationship.
can anyone advise me on the treatments available and costs. ive been doing some research but it all just seem mumble jumble at the minute.
many thanks in advance.
Sperm count: 1st 5 million, 2nd 3 million
Motility: 1st 30%, 2nd 10%

Reg: Jul 16th 2011

Children: 2 - fantastic sons, we are so very lucky!

Monday, January 16th 2012, 11:21am

Ressy, don't give up hope!! - There are options!!

Low count and Motility can be improved with a healthy balanced diet/right vitamins ( wellman conception / menevit) regular excersise and cutting out booze / fags etc. These steps imrpove general health and the health of your sperm.

If the above isn't quite enough to achieve improvement then as long as you have some decent sperm - out of the many millionms only one of the little chaps is required and that can hand picked by an andrologist/embryologist at your fertility clinic and used for IVF / ICSI - which is common method to overcome MF.

Regards your problem with funding - as your blood pressure meds may affect your semen it's not really your fault and It may be possible to appeal to your local PCT (NHS - Primary Care trust) - your Dr / Fertility consultant can help you with funding - regardless that your partner has a child - you want to have one of your own with her and should be given the opportunity or it could be deemed an infringements of your human rights!!

Don't let the buggers hold you back. best of luck D.

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, January 16th 2012, 1:05pm

Also don't forget that it takes approximately 3 months for sperm to regerenate, so if you've just come off your drugs then there may not be any improvement for 3 months or so. After this time get your GP to do another sperm test.

Also I wanted to ask if your partner has been checked out? She also needs to go to the docs and have some tests done. Because she has one child doesn't necessarily mean that all is well in her department either.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• "Ressy2011" started this thread

Reg: Jan 13th 2012

Monday, January 16th 2012, 5:33pm

Demon
Your reply cheered me up abit lol, im on a pretty reasoable diet and i dont smoke or drink, but ill give the supplement a try :) and i did t think about the blood pressure meds and it not being my fault in that way so will have to look into that.
Flic
Ill keep that in mind even though my GP wanted to redo the analysis after a month. And no my partner hasnt been checked out yet, because the doc said she wanted to look at us one at a time.
Thanks for your replies makes me feel alot better talkin to an outside person whos not goin to judge or look down on me. :happy:
Sperm count: 1st 5 million, 2nd 3 million
Motility: 1st 30%, 2nd 10%

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, January 16th 2012, 6:30pm

I don't understand why they want to look at you 1 at a time. Surely they've found you have problems and now the next step would be to check your partner out and THEN re do your sperm analysis.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!