You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Loveistheanswer" started this thread

Friday, January 13th 2012, 9:47am

Question about ovitrelle

Hello everyone, I am new to all this and I am sorry if I don't say terminology correct.
I have a question about ovitrelle. I had shot on CD 15 after u/s (none on left side and 5 big and multiple small on the right side). My Dr. Said to me I can feel pains and it's normal. If anybody experienced pains after ovitrelle? For how many days? I had shot on 10 th of Jan, pains around left and right sides of abdomen, around my back, breasts (I know it is normal but dontknow for how long!) abdomen pains mostly when go for pee. Well...I dont feel myself pregnant at all!!! :whoops:
babydust to everyone and thank you for your answers!!
TTC since Nov.2009
2011 clomid 6x :BFN:
2011 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle 2x :BFN:
Feb.2012 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle :BFP:
6w+2 seen a lovely [zx076]

12w+5 everything looks perfect, measured 66mm OTD 4th of Nov.

It's baby7 arrived on 15.10.2012

United Kingdom

Reg: Jun 13th 2010

Friday, January 13th 2012, 8:51pm

Sorry I don't know about Ovitrelle - all these treatments have funny hormonal side effects though! Someone else more knowledgeable will be along soon x

Beautiful boy born in January 2007
TTC second since March 2009
Luteal phase defect - 4 rounds clomid
BFP 14.2.2012 - 2 beautiful heartbeats seen EDD 22nd Oct - Its a boy and a girl!

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Saturday, January 14th 2012, 10:02am

Hi Loveistheanswer and welcome to :FZ:

Ovitrelle contains hormones that give your eggs the final push to mature. Depending on how many follicles you had, you would feel different amount of pain. But it's not really pain, is more like discomfort. As you have 5 follicles on the right, the discomfort will be greater, but it's not the ovitrelle that gives the pain. It's ovulation itself. After the injection and after ovulation your now empty follicle(s)will become corpus luteum, which makes progesterone. This makes your breasts hurt. And yes they hurt. In addition if you have been given extra progesterone (pessaries) they will hurt too. This would happen whether you are pregnant or not.
As for 'feeling pregnant', well to be honest that is a bit of a myth. Any real pregnancy symptoms will only show at about 9 weeks of pregnancy. You are symptom watching as you have had medial interference, so try not to. The first and only sure pregnancy symptom is a missed period.

If you have pain when you wee then get checked out for urine infection at your GP or ask your clinic if what you are feeling is normal.

Take care and good luck xfingers

PS- ovitrelle shows affects pregnancy tests, so don't test early as you may have a false positive. Stick to the date your clinic has give you

• "Loveistheanswer" started this thread

Sunday, January 15th 2012, 1:27pm

Thank you everyone :)

Pain has gone and boobies are not so painful either. So you are absolutely right Maria72 that was happening because of ovulation and when bladder was full it was just pushing on ovaries so was painful even more.
I only looking for symptoms as with my first child I had sore boobs, was feeling tired and had morning sickness before my period supposed to start. I know should not look into it as it was 11 years ago and I didn't have any problem to conceive that time...things have changed. Staying positive.

I am too scared to test in advance, I am actually scared to test in general. I can test in 10 days but not sure I can do it. Don't want to see negative results anymore.

Thanks to everyone for support, it's a wonderful place :)

P.S. I am sorry for my not always perfect English, I do my best :)

babydust
TTC since Nov.2009
2011 clomid 6x :BFN:
2011 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle 2x :BFN:
Feb.2012 clomid,gonal,ovitrelle :BFP:
6w+2 seen a lovely [zx076]

12w+5 everything looks perfect, measured 66mm OTD 4th of Nov.

It's baby7 arrived on 15.10.2012