You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Hollie" started this thread

Reg: Oct 24th 2011

Children: None

Friday, January 6th 2012, 4:11pm

Confused!!

Hi there,

Joined this site in Oct 2011 but dont use it to its full potential.
My story so far -
Have had 4 IUIs all failed.
Had a lapsecopy (SP) - found very slight endo, cyst but all cleaned up now - that was Oct 2011. Could have tubal damage but not confirmed.
I am about to start treatment for IVF soon and want to know what I should and should not be doing.
Is acupuncture advised? What about supplements??? So many on market its very confusing!!
Please help!!
Hollie

Reg: Mar 16th 2011

Friday, January 6th 2012, 5:21pm

Hi Hollie

It is all very confusing!

Acupuncture has been shown to be beneficial, I have tried it in all my cycles, and many girls find it relaxing (I will be honest I don't, but figured every little bit helps!). I usually do it once I start stimulation, once a week, and carry on including day of ET, thru 2WW and then a few after positive result...

You need to be taking a good prenatal supplement, including one with folic acid and pure DHA fish oils. The pregnacare one at Boots (usually on 3 for 2) has a combined pack which is good, as some fish oils contain Vit A which you can't take once pregnant. Also Zita West recommends taking Co-enzyme Q10 which I have taken on both last cycles. Her range of vitamins contain it, but they are expensive, but you can also buy it at health shops.

I think that's my general advice, and your partner should be taking vitamins as well, wellman does a good one which contains macca which is said to help with sperm health etc.

Good luck for your treatment!!

x

Me 35, DH 37 [zx151]
2 x ICSI :BFN:
1 x FET :BFN:
Nov 11 - 3rd ICSI (Immunology Cycle) :BFP: Please stay with us :pray:

Jewels' Journey - My Diary

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Friday, January 6th 2012, 8:55pm

Jewels has give some good advise hun. I had acupuncture throughout my last cycle and I found it very relaxing and was totally in stressed through this cycle, I also got the best fertilisation rate of all my 3 cycles don't know if that made a difference and it's everyone's personal choice I know. It's quite costly but if you can afford it I would say go for it.
I took maca and royal jelly supplements 3 months before cycles and stopped them at start of treatment they are surposed to help with egg quality. Pregnacare conception throughout your cycle and before. Also good to have omega 3 sup.
Generally though cut out or cut down the caffeine as it can effect yours and other half fertility, no smoking and alcohol, light excercise like walking or yoga and generally a healthy diet.
Apart from that stay as relaxed and postive as possible throughout it helps,good luck with your cycle hun. If your starting in march (not sure if you are) then hope you join us in the Magnificant marchers xxxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012