You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bess

Ace

• "bess" started this thread

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Tuesday, January 3rd 2012, 10:31pm

Best clinic in the world???

Hi Ladies,

Just got another BFN and am going to have to pay for my next treatment so I'm looking at all my options. Just wondering, does anyone know where the best fertility clinic in the world is meant to be? I know its a big question, but I just wondered if there was one place that was well known.

Thanks

Bess x
IVF1 Jul11 :BFP: but m/c 5 wks ;( . Both tubes removed. IVF2 Nov11 :BFN: ;( IVF3 April / May 2012: :BFN: FET1 September 2012 : :BFP: !!!!!!!!!!!! please please please :pray: stay sticky little Frostie :sticky: :cat:

Blue

MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 15th 2008

What's Up?
I need sleep!

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 1:04am

Hi Bess,
I'm so sorry you got another BFN :-(
In the UK, the clinic that tends to have the highest success rates is the ARGC (London):
IVF and ICSI Headline Data for Assisted Reproduction and Gynaecology Centre
In the USA, several clinics with good success rates offer the chance of "No baby, full refund". You have to qualify for that deal, but the wonderful thing is that you pay a set amount of money and then get many chances of treatment. If you only need one cycle, you have overpaid - which is possibly the one time where it would be wonderful to overpay.
And one thing to bear in mind is that some clinics abroad that boast high success rates might be transferring more embryos than would be recommended here - this does increase pregnancy rates, but also increases risks. And it's also important to compare success rates in terms of bring home a baby, not the rates of pregnancies.
I hope that helps a little!
Blue
xxx
P.s. Just in case you haven't seen this: Fertility Clinic and IVF Success Rates Explained

My Diary
10 years, 5 cycles, and 3 beautiful children.
My family is complete :heart: :heart: :heart:

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 1:18pm

:hello: Bess

Sorry to hear about your :BFN: :(

I guess your question is subjective, the best clinic is the one that gives you your longed for child so everyone will say something different!

Blue has given you a good answer though. Just to add, I had excellent treatment at Institut Marques in Spain (very expensive though), I needed DEIVF, hence why I travelled abroad. Blue is right about embryo numbers, I was allowed to have three put back and I have heard of people having up to four.

Spain in general has a very good reputation so worth investigating what's on offer out there, also other known countries with good reputations are Greece and the Czech Republic.

If I can answer any questions just give me a shout. :goodluck: to you.

xx

Me - 39 AMH 1.79, DH - 43
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

Reg: Jun 10th 2009

Children: Two perfect 3yr olds

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 7:25pm

So sorry to hear about your BFN.

There are so many good clinics, and there is lots of info on the Internet. I picked Spain the same as Gracie and went to IVI Valencia and at the grand old age of 41 got a BFP first try, but know I was lucky, but they do have very good successs rates. One thing I would say is that they were linked to a local clinic in uk, so I got my scans in uk, which cut out a lot of stress and saved a bit of money.

Good luck, I am sure you will make the right decision once you have read about the options.

X

Jannie
Aug 09 - IUI - BFN
; Oct 09 - ICSI - BFN; Jan 10 - ICSI cancelled;
DICSI in Valencia Mar10 :BFP:
Jannie's Diary
Oscar and Emilia born 8th November 2010

bess

Ace

• "bess" started this thread

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 10:18pm

Thank you so much for your replies. I am going to crack on with the internet investigation and see where it leads me. You've made me feel very positive !
IVF1 Jul11 :BFP: but m/c 5 wks ;( . Both tubes removed. IVF2 Nov11 :BFN: ;( IVF3 April / May 2012: :BFN: FET1 September 2012 : :BFP: !!!!!!!!!!!! please please please :pray: stay sticky little Frostie :sticky: :cat:

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 10:34pm

Best the girls have give you some great links and advise I just wanted to say sorry you got that result again Hun xxxxxx [zx127]

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012