You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Rene

Lone wolf

• "Rene" started this thread
  • South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Wednesday, April 4th 2012, 6:57pm

Oh Marcie
I am so sorry for your loss... Hugs

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

Reg: Jul 22nd 2011

Children: one gorgeous IUI daughter

Friday, April 6th 2012, 6:37pm

Hi everyone :)

Marcie, I am so, so sorry. I hope you can stay strong and look to the future but I know how hard that can be. Allow yourself time to grieve and be sad though and take a little time out for you. I'm thinking of you :xxx:

DFC - I have the same problem with travel time to the clinic - it's an hour and a half away by car but as I don't have a car I go by train and the trip is 2 1/2 hours each way! Difficult but not unmanageable. Work was understanding as I'm a teacher and can't just book time off.

Well, I had my IUI this morning. They didn't scan me before this time so I don't know for sure how many follies but the way he spoke I'm assuming there was two. It all went OK, quite a bit of cramping afterwards this time but that's to be expected. Sperm count was 12 million - he said anything over 2 mill is fine (however, I would expect that to be good as I'm using a donor). The consultant was very positive and said I have every chance, he has a 30% success rate at IUI so that filled me with hope. Just relaxing on the sofa now and trying to think positive thoughts. So, the 2WW begins

38, single
1st donor IUI Nov '11 :BFN: 2nd donor IUI March/April '12 :BFP:
A gorgeous IUI daughter born Dec 2012 - my little miracle
Planning to try for a sibling in 2015 :)

Reg: Nov 18th 2011

Children: None yet

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 4:00am

Thanks Rene and Sarah. It was really difficult for the first few days. DH and I are much better now. No pregnancy can "replace" the one we lost, but we are definately ready to get back on plan. So we will continue to heal and once AF arrives I will make my new appointment with the RE. From what I have read it can take 6 to 8 weeks to get back on track.

Sarah I am so excited for you! I am sending you lots of babydust and :sticky: I hope your 2WW goes by very quickly!

Marcie

Me: 39-regular cycles no tubal blockages
DH: 45-super counts
TTC since Sep 2009
1st IUI Sep 2011 canceled because I ovulated on my own
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

5th IUI Feb 9/10 2012 :BFP: M/C at 9W

Saturday, April 7th 2012, 8:37am

Thanks Marcie, have everything crossed for this one xfingers xfingers xfingers xfingers

I will be thinking about you and your DH. Keep in touch on here and let us know how you are doing :xxx:

38, single

Reg: Mar 13th 2012

Children: Seems to be getting further away

Tuesday, April 10th 2012, 7:50am

So sorry to hear your news Marcie. Chin up and fingers crossed for the next cycle.

We are now officially stimming and second scane due on Thursday. Keeping fingers crossed at can go for IUI this week. Grandpa died on Thursday/Friday last week so funeral likely to be start of next week and don't want to have to miss it. However if we can't go due to our treatment then it's for a reason.

Good luck to everyone

G xxx

Me 35 DH 33

We tried treatment but it's wasn't meant to be... It's the adoption road for us x

The Archer's Road to Family

Wednesday, April 11th 2012, 9:39am

Hopefullysoon- sorry to hear about your Grandpa :-( Do you know any dates for your IUI yet? Hope there is no clash ?o(
Marcie - hope you are doing OK and staying strong.

I'm bored of waiting already I am OK at the moment as I know it's to early for symptoms, too early to test and my AF definitely won't come just yet - so there isn't much to stress or obsess about. I'm 5DPO today so am working up to implantation stage of there has been a successful fertilisation - am taking it easy just in case. Have lots of flat pack furniture arriving tomorrow which I daren't try to put up (not good planning I know but it's the Easter hols and I can take delivery). This is when a DH would be useful!

Lots of to everyone.

38, single

Thursday, April 12th 2012, 2:42am

Thanks HopefullySoon! Lots of luck to you for your IUI. Any idea what day yet?

DH and I are very stong and have not let this bit of sadness keep us down long. We still talk about it and will never forget.

Sarah glad your doing well. I hope you get through the next 10 days stress free. Glad you are not going to try to put up any furniture! Wish we were close by you could borrow my DH although he is not so handy! HaHa! I hope you have some friends that can help.

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

5th IUI Feb 9/10 2012 M/C at 9W

Tuesday, April 17th 2012, 8:14pm

Hi Ladie...

Scarlett - any news? I can hire my DH out for furniture building, he's pretty handy and a painter and decorator so any other jobs feel free!

Marcie - how are you guys? Hope your other half is looking after you.

AFM... Really hard week. After gramps dying on good Friday we had to wait until 14th for the funeral. During that time my injections were going fine. Had my second scan on 12 th and aw stood to keep injecting over weekend and go back on Monday. However I got up on Friday morning and had started bleeding. Beating in mind AF only finished on the 9th this is obviously not normal! Phoned clinic and they said no its not normal and should not be happening but to keep injecting over weekend (emotional weekend anyway due to funeral) and go back on Monday as planned.

Bled all weekend and went back on Monday... Cycle abandoned due to lining thickness only 4.5mm. Not surprising really given bleeding over weekend. Told to go home and phone when next period starts and will try again next month but if same happens then may have to move on to IVF. No conversation or explanations or opportunity to ask questions just get dressed and go and phone when it start again.

Left the hospital in tears and DH furious. He hasn't been able to get to scans due to work commitments (and he's self employed!). He has said he is not letting me go myself next time! Also if we move to IVF will have tos top all treatment until I lose another 2 stones. Have lost 3 so far to get to IuI and had hoped to keep losing during IUI treatment in case need IVF but looks like everything will have to stop again until I can lose the weight.

However we'll wait and see what next cycle brings

Best wishes to all xxx

Me 35 DH 33

We tried treatment but it's wasn't meant to be... It's the adoption road for us x

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Saturday, April 21st 2012, 7:21pm

HSoon - so sorry that you cycle had to be cancelled - hopefully the next one will be text book...

Scarlett - how are you doing on the 2WW?

Sunday, April 22nd 2012, 9:34am

Hi everyone :)

HSoon - I'm sorry you had to cancel this cycle :-( it must be so frustrating to go through all of the build up for it to come to nothing. Have you been able to get any more answers from the clinic about what went wrong? They should at least be able to find the time to discuss it with you I think. I hope your next AF starts soon and you can get the next cycle started.

Well, I'm still waiting. No spotting or signs of AF yet [zx253] which is good, but I know that last cycle I started to spot on this day (which is 16DPO) and AF started in full flow on 17DPO, so I'm very tense. I hate having to wait until 18DPO to test, it feels like forever, but it's due to the HCG shots I had 3DPO and 8DPO. I don't want a false positive. I am trying not to take any notice of symptoms, I have some, but I also know that they can all be attributed to the HCG shots rather than any natural HCG I might be producing. I can test Tues morning, but if no AF by then I think I will test Mon eve. I just don't want to test Tues am before work and then have to go straight in after a BFN. Well, I guess I just have to wait till then - what will be will be - but please let it be my time xfingers xfingers xfingers
:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

38, single

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 5:56pm

:BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP:
A few hours early but it came up straight away (before control) and it's soooo dark!!!!!!! Can't believe it - actually can't.

Obviously, it's very early days but am so happy.

It's great to have another :BFP: for the IUI board - see it can work, but I also know i've been so lucky for it to work 2nd time :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Come on Marcie and Hsoon, you'll be next.

38, single

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 6:12pm

Hey Scarlett, amazing amazing amazing! So happy for you and ur BFP! So nice to hear a happy IUI story at last!

Not been on much lately. Having a real crappy time with treatment. Here's how it's been:
Cd1 -startAF
Cd2 - scan (start injecting 8pm, gramps died 3am)
Cd2-8 - injecting
Cd8 - scan told keepin going
Cd9 - start bleeding, still injecting
Cd12 - second scan abandon cycle
Cd17 - start bleeding
Cd19 - still bleeding

So in 19 days have been bleeding for 12 days over 3 separate episodes!  Phoned clinic and had scan today, can't see ovaries or detect lining. Doctor recommended abandoning IUI and starting on IVF so can control my body as suspect bleeding will keep happening.  Really disappointed and feeling like I have no hope. I can't see us getting those two little pink lines and suspect adoption might be the only way we can have a family.

Really upset and numb today, think it will hit when DH gets home!

Anyway lots of love to you all and hope everything goes well for you.  Sorry the depressing post! Xxx ;( ;( ;(

Me 35 DH 33

Monday, April 23rd 2012, 8:54pm

Hopefullysoon - I'm so sorry that you've been having a rough time. Don't think all is lost yet though. I know that this cycle hasn't been good and the bleeding must have scared you as it's unexplained, but none of that means you can't conceive. I hope you get some more answers from the clinic soon.

Try to stay strong, this is such a hard journey but don't give up just yet. :hugs:

38, single

Tuesday, April 24th 2012, 11:36pm

:weehee: :balloons: :congrats: :balloons: starsmile

OMG!!!! Sarah Congrats!!! I plan on joining you with a BFP again soon!

:xxx3: :xxx3: :xxx3:

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

Wednesday, April 25th 2012, 12:25am

HS- I too am very sorry you are having a rough go of it! It feels pretty terrible when thing s do not work out just right when you have been waiting and trying for so long. I had many down days over the last few years the worst was finally getting my BFP and then it being cruelly taken from me and DH. I cannot let myself stay in that dark place long. I will never forget my special angel in heaven, but we are that much more determined to not give up. There is always a way. If IUI does not work then go for the IVF. Your miracle will happen for you. Stay strong and post when you feel down and need support then the ladies here are always willing to listen.

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

Mchops

Reg: Apr 26th 2012

Thursday, April 26th 2012, 8:51pm

Hello everyone

I'm a newbie to posting on this site. My partner and I have been on the waiting list for IUI for the past 15 months. We have now been told we will start in August ( should have been July but we are on holiday). We are so nervous but excited! As we are a gay couple we will be having IUI with donor sperm. We don't know anyone else going through fertility treatment so thought we would join this site for some support and guidance. :)

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Friday, April 27th 2012, 12:58pm

Hi, M, and welcome to FZ. You will find a lot of information on this site as well as lots of helpful people.
Should you feel that you also need information and experiences of same sex couples we have an area here: http://www.fertilityzone.co.uk/index.php…ard&boardID=231

If you need help finding your way around, let me know.

Saturday, April 28th 2012, 7:15pm

Hi Mchops - I've also just gone through 2 cycles of donor IUI as I'm single. I just got my BFP after the second cycle.

I didn't have a waiting list as I went private (there is no funding in my area for single people). I had a choice of about 6-7 donors - not that many but I am CMV negative which narrows the choice a bit. I had medicated cycles and thankfully I produced 4 eggs the first time and 2-3 the second.

I think IUI is definitely the best choice if you have no known fertility problems as it is much less invasive than IVF. Good luck for your journey :)

38, single

Mchops

Reg: Apr 26th 2012

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 12:05am

Congratulations! :) that gives me hope for my attempts. I am CMV negative also and we were told that we would only have a few donors to choose from. To be honest I'm just so grateful to have this provided on the NHS, as originally we were told we had to purchase it from the European sperm bank. Luckily they had an increase in donors!

Did you have any side effects from the medication?

Mary :)

Sunday, April 29th 2012, 11:13am

Yeah, donors are in quite short supply now I think. I was happy with my selection though - to be honest any more choice and I would have never made my mind up.

I was on suprecur and menopur then ovitrelle as a trigger. i didn't find those meds too bad. I had some ovary pain, but that's to be expected as the follies are growing nicely. I was probably a little bit more tired than usual and maybe a bit more emotional, but nothing too bad as I wasn't on them for long. The second time however, they put me on microgynon pill to control my cycle so that we knew when my period would start (so i could have treatment in the easter hols). That pill was awful, I hope i never have to go near it again. So in the end, all the injectables which I thought I would get severe side effects from were fine and a simple contraceptive pill sent me loopy!

I bet you are starting to get excited now :)

38, single

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 5:46pm

Just a quick update - 1 perfect little :heart: seen today at 7w 4d. It was magical, saw the little heart beating on the screen and the baby even moved. Growing exactly to size - so happy :happy:

Hope everyone else is OK - it's very quiet here.

38, single

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Tuesday, May 15th 2012, 7:23pm

Oh Scarlett, Huny - Brilliant news!!!!

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Wednesday, May 30th 2012, 11:07am

Hey! Where has everyone gone??

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 1:04am

Hi Rene,

I still check in every few days. DH and I gave it a go in May for a natural pregnancy. If does not take then we are back on the IUI treatment this month. I check back every few days and it has been sooo quiet. There were a couple new ladies in April. I wonder what happened to them. I hope we get some more ladies soon!

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 12:27pm

Indeed - it is really quiet at the moment, to the point where I wonder if I am in here on my own... lol
2 of our ladies have gone to the pregnancy boards :) but a number of others have just disappeared, it seems... 8|

Wednesday, June 20th 2012, 11:19pm

Hi Rene, It is still very quiet here. I am really surprised that no one else has joined in. I started my treatments again this month. I had my second scan today and there are 3 eggs although 2 of them are still small. I go for another scan Friday. Since the largest egg is measuring at 17 my RE is certain IUI will happen on Saturday and again on Sunday. This cycle is happening exactly as it did in February. So I am hopeful for a positive result. I thought maybe if I post what's happening with me it may prompt more to join in. I will let you know how it goes.

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

5th IUI Feb 9/10 2012 :BFP: M/C at 9W

6th IUI June 23/24 2012 xfingersxfingersxfingers

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 11:24am

Great to hear from you, Marcie.
Follicles sound really good too! Will keep everything crossed for you...

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 8:25pm

Hi Rene,

I had my 1st insemination this morning. Yesterday's scan showed 3 eggs...23,20 and 18. My uterus lining was 11+ which the RE said was outstanding. Dh's counts were as usual good at 48Mil motile. My clinic does 2 inseminations to the next will be tomorrow morning then my followup HCG shot is Wed and then the 2WW. I am very encouraged. DH is scared to death of triplets, but I keep telling him that is not likely we have done this before wtih 3 eggs and got nothing.

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

6th IUI June 23/24 2012

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Saturday, June 23rd 2012, 10:10pm

oooh! Sounds really good. I will be popping in regularly hoping to see a happy ending!

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 6:58pm

Hey, Marcie... How is the 2WW going for you, Hun?

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 10:25pm

Hi Rene,

The 2WW has been going well. The weather here in the states where I live has been simply awful! 100 - 105 degrees and violent storms in the evenings. There are still thousands of people in my state without power. Luckily I was only without electricity for about a day and a half. It has helped to keep my mind off the wait. Also DH and I just got a Chocolate Labrador Retreiver. He is cute and he keeps me busy. :dog: It is like having a baby in the house already! Well AF is due to arrive tomorrow. Test day is on Wednesday next week. I will keep you updated!

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

6th IUI June 23/24 2012

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Friday, July 6th 2012, 2:02pm

Ah... Sweet. What have you named the dog? And male or female?
I have always wanted a lab but have not ever gotten one as I feel I would do it a disservice not being available to take him/her for walks and training etc due to my work hours...
You should post a picture of the dog... :)

Friday, July 6th 2012, 10:22pm

Rene, it's a boy pup and his name is Geddy. I also have a 6 year old female choco lab, Bonnie. They romp around the house constantly! Very fun to watch. I tried to upload a photo, we will see if it works. Well still no AF... always a good sign...

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

6th IUI June 23/24 2012
mommywishes88 has attached the following file:
  • Playtime3.jpg (28.37 kB - 3 times downloaded - latest: Jul 15th 2012, 7:35am)

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Saturday, July 7th 2012, 9:46am

Absulutely gorgeous! She looks like she loves having the company...

and great news on the witch still being absent - may she stay away for another 8 months... :)

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 12:13pm

Well Rene,

It is official got my :BFP: this morning! :dancing: woohoo We are very happy and I thank you for all your support! I hope this LO sticks with us. I do not think we can go thru that again and still continue to try. I am praying we won't have to.

Marcie

Me: 40-regular cycles no tubal blockages
DH: 46-super counts
TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

6th IUI June 23/24 2012
:BFP: :sticky: :sticky: :sticky: :sticky:

United Kingdom

Reg: Mar 7th 2011

Children: 2 little beans on the way!

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 12:50pm

Oh Marcie, that's wonderful news. I still keep an eye on the IUI ladies and I'm so pleased to hear there you got your BFP. Sending you lots of stickyvibes and babydust

Me:30
DH:38
TTC since 2008
6xClomid 2010 :BFN:
3xIUI 2011 :BFN:
1st IVF Feb 2012 :BFP: Identical twins :boy: :boy: born 23/10/12

My Diary

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 4:06pm

That is brilliant news, Marcie. I was hoping it would be good news...
Now sending lots of sticky vibes to your little one so that the next 8 months will be happy and healthy!!!!

Will you be getting a scan done at your clinic?

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 6:27pm

Congratulations Marcie! :) :) :)
That is such fantastic news, I am so happy for you.
I'm sure it will all go well this time :sticky:
xxx

38, single

Thursday, July 12th 2012, 2:12am

Thanks ladies! It is great hearing from you Sarah and Wannabemum! We are super excited. I spoke with the nurse in the RE's office this afternoon and my due date is March 17th and I will be doing a scan on the 27th in his office.

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

6th IUI June 23/24 2012

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 6th 2009

Children: 14 yr old DD & 14 month old DS

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 7:38am

:hi: Marcie....I am so pleased for your :BFP: ....Wishing you all the luck in the world for a happy healthy pregnancy xxx

I've been popping in from time to time. It's nice seeing some success....I shall be returning to the IUI boards near the end of the year, so sorry Rene....you haven't gotten rid of me yet love! We're STILL trying !!! :huh:
I've got an appointment on 13th August to discuss my IUI plan of attack, but we wont do anything until after our holiday, so a little more waiting for us. I'll be popping in from time to time and see who's about.
Love to all

:heart:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Baby Blue Eyes" (Jul 15th 2012, 7:39am)

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 11:53am

So glad that you are still around, Baby Blue, as it is getting really lonely in here. Looking forward to seeing you back later in the year...

Sunday, July 15th 2012, 3:21pm

:hello: Hi Blue! I am so glad you are still trying! :goodluck: IUI does work. It worked twice for me. I hope more ladies join in, but I will be keeping an eye on the board too.

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

6th IUI June 23/24 2012

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Sunday, July 22nd 2012, 7:44pm

Hey, Marcie
Not too much longer before your scan... Everything crossed for you, Hun...

Baby Blue - how are you holding up?

Monday, July 23rd 2012, 12:15pm

Thanks Rene! Scan is on Friday. I will be sure to let you know how it goes. We are excited.

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

6th IUI June 23/24 2012

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 7:08pm

Good luck tomorrow, Marcie!

Friday, July 27th 2012, 11:11pm

Well Rene,

I am super confused. Scan showed nothing... Not even a sac. RE discussed possibilities of missed miscarriage or ectopic or maybe even the possibility that it fertilized later than expected and just cannot see it yet. He feels it is not ectopic but thinks it was a miscarriage. It is all still unknown at this point. They sent me for blood work and I will have blood done again on Monday and another ultrasound on Wednesday. I even stopped on the way home for another HPT and it still says positive. I still have all the signs, extreme fatigue, super sore breasts, constipation and even a touch of nausea here and there. Have you ever heard such a thing? I do not know how to feel about it. AF was due on 6th of July so definately no AF and I have not had any spotting at all. I do not know if I should still be hopeful or if I should just call it a failed attempt... thinkthink nailbite

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

6th IUI June 23/24 2012

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Saturday, July 28th 2012, 12:51pm

Oh, Hun - I can understand how confused you must feel as I am confused too. It is, indeed, possible that the embryo implanted later than expected but even so they should have been able to see something - a sac at least - considering when you got the BFP.
I really, truly, hope that the doc is wrong about the MC but also right about it not being ectopic.

Biting my nails in sympathy, Hun...

Tuesday, July 31st 2012, 11:31pm

Hi Rene,

DH and I shed our tears this weekend as we knew it was not looking great. But I was hoping and praying hard. I finally got my blood results this afternoon. They were not good. My EDD as 17th of March puts me at 7+2 today and I read that my HCG levels should be greater than 7000 at 7-8 weeks. Friday was only 1200 and yesterday only 1600. It should also be doubling every 2 to 3 days. So this means this cycle is over for me. They are scheduled a D&C for Thursday since I am not miscarrying on my own. I have another scan tomorrow to see if we can find it. If not it leaves me with loads of questions for the RE. I guess my only relief is that with a D&C I will only bleed for a couple days instead of 2-3 weeks. On the bright side DH has already said he wants to try again. That was my biggest fear of another miscarriage is that he would feel the stess too bad and not want to continue on our journey. I did not even have to ask. I married myself a very good man.

Thanks for all the support!

Marcie

TTC since Sep 2009
2nd IUI Nov 15/16 2011

3rd IUI Dec 12/13 2011

4th IUI Jan 11/12 2012

6th IUI June 23/24 2012

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 6th 2009

Children: 14 yr old DD & 14 month old DS

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:25am

Oh Marcie, I am absolutely gutted for you and your DH. You are having such a tough time of it, and I could only imagine what you are both going through. All I can do is send a massive hug accross the pond and send best wishes for you both :hugs:

Rene, thank you for asking after me lovely. I'm ok. I had a bit of a wobble a week ago, you know how it is, every now and then something catches you off guard and I had a bit of a woe is me moment, but in the grand scheme of things, all is good. Particulary when I hear what poor Marcie is going through again. I haven't been in much as I needed to pull myself back up by the boot laces but I'm back on top.
How are you?

I'll pop back in later, I'm off to the bank to do boring account calculations and opening and closing stuff. Yawn.
Love to all
:xxx:

Rene

Lone wolf

• South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 11:06am

Oh no, Marcie!
I am so sorry you are going through this again. In view of the rising figures (albeit slow) the doc will have to check and double check that this is not an ectopic as this is one of the common reasons for a slow rising HCG.
I am, however, glad that your DH is suportive of continuing with treatment

Wishing you all the strength that you will need...

Baby Blue - Glad to see you here again and glad that you are feeling better...

AFM - nothing to report. Just (as always) wishing that I could somehow find the funding to start trying again... Dreams, eh?

Hugs to all