You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lydia

• "Lydia" started this thread

Reg: Nov 21st 2011

Friday, December 23rd 2011, 5:39pm

confused about funding for egg donation with IVF

Hello all,

I am a bit confused about what treatment I can have funded with the NHS and what I would need to go private with, wondered if you could help!

What I do know: my consultant says that I fit all the criteria for getting funding with their trust (South London, I love in borough of Bexley). However, I'm unsure what that covers! I gather this PCT has all its treatment done at Kings or St.Thomas' now (I wouldnt mind the latter as I was born there!).

My story for those that dont know: I am just about to turn 26, and 6 weeks ago I had to have my final ovary removed due to a nasty dermoid cyst (i had the other removed in 2008). Obviously this means that my only chance now is IVF+egg donation. I had no kids before that. I have a fine, healthy womb, and am currently on HRT.

Although I dont want kids in the next year, I would like to become a mum around 30 so I have around 3/4 years. Because of how long waiting lists are, and how long this process can take (although I'm hoping I will benefit from being relatively young) I am looking at my options now.

So, I have been tiold I should be able to be funded for IVF definitely, but I am unsure if this covers the egg donation part. Cana nyone tell me the process of doing egg donation/ IVF with the NHS, how to join the waiting list, and if anyone has any experience with the waiting list times for South London or Kings/ Guys?

Thanks,

Lydia

Reg: Dec 14th 2011

Children: I have two sons 15 + 12 and a daughter who's 6 years old and another little man on route :)

Monday, December 26th 2011, 5:54pm

Hi,
I'm very new to all this too, what I've done personally was I contacted several clinic's via e-mail and they sent me all the information including prices I'm told prices vary.
I'm unsure reference the nhs egg donation or the area your in as I'm west midlands. the clinic's I contacted are nhs and private merely by chance.
Sorry for the lack of info :-( I saw this post and read your story it's definitely a good move to be looking into this now knowledge is power and all that :smile:
Being so young like you said should be in your favour I'm told by my doctor at almost 30 years old that it is :) but I guess time will tell.
Hope you've had a good Xmas all the best
Em x

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE