You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mela

• "Mela" started this thread

Reg: Dec 15th 2011

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 12:14pm

Effects of hormone withdrawal, any experiences?

Hi ladies,

Just finished my 1st cycle of IVF with a negative test this Saturday. Am numb, exhausted & wondering where on earth i will find the courage to do it all again. I'm just wondering if anyone else has very sadly been through the same & if so what effect did stopping the drugs have on you? I'm feeling tired which i know is to be expected but generally feeling quite dizzy a lot of the time, it's something that's starting to bother me. I'll run it by the nurses when i speak to the clinic tomorrow but i just wondered if it is something that should be expected but they forgot to warn me about.

Any advice you could share would be really appreciated

Mel xx

louise78

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 18th 2009

Children: One beautiful, healthy son. Identical twin boys born too soon, sleep tightxxx

What's Up?
One very happy lady :) xx

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 4:08pm

Sorry for your bfn. I feel dizzy too after finishing drugs so I will be interested to know what the nurses think. Tbh I think it's 'getting back to normal' feelings. Best of luck with future treatment x
6x cycles of clomid bfn
2X iui bfn
1x ivf - identical triplets - miscarried triplet at 9 weeks, lost my other two beautiful boys at 23 weeks - passed away shortly after birth 17th June 2010.
4x FET 1 early loss
1 natural early loss.
2011 Nov immune cycle FET bfn
2012 Jan immune cycle ivf bfp baby7 Ds arrived safely 1/10/12 : D
2013 Aug immune cycle FET bfp confirmed miscarriage at 8 weeks
2014 Jan immune cycle bfn
2014 April immune cycle bfn.
2014 July fet bfp ❤️ seen at 7,9 and 11 weeks

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 5:18pm

Hello Mela, firstly so sorry to hear about your negative cycle. I think we build so much hope, especially in that first cycle after such a long time trying other treatments. I wouldn't worry too much - I think that like Louise says your body is just returning to normal after all the drugs and what it has been through. Also, never underestimate how you are feeling mentally can effect you physically. I was super, super tired after all my cycles and i think i was just mentally and physically exhausted. Wishing you all the luck in the world with your next cycle. xxx