You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Demon1x" started this thread

Reg: Jul 16th 2011

Children: 2 - fantastic sons, we are so very lucky!

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 11:30am

Post clomid hormone treatments

If Dr can only prescribe clomid for 6 cycles - what alternative estrogen antagonists are used after the 6 cycles?

Reason I ask is I am a bloke taking clomid for low fsh / low count and wondered what hormone drug therapy may be prescribed after max term on clomid has been reached? letrozole (femara) ? or something else can you ladies tell me what your consultants may have moved you onto after clomid please. Cheers :D

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, December 19th 2011, 12:44pm

Hiya,

Not sure about their use in males but tamoxifen is another drug and then I think its injectibles such as gonal F.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• "Demon1x" started this thread

Reg: Jul 16th 2011

Children: 2 - fantastic sons, we are so very lucky!

Monday, December 19th 2011, 6:42pm

Tamoxifen and Gonal F, Bravelle, Repronex are all options for treatment of male and female hormone problems but only if you're trying to conceive , checked with consultant and these are not used for post clomid hormone management on an ongoing long term basis. Once you have done the deed and conceived - you are then left to own devices and no further treatment offered until next time you try for a baby which is a pain as in between times LH / FSH could drop and egg or sperm production may fail again - possibly permanently. Not an ideal situation but that appears to be how reproductive med will leave things, option to have sperm / eggs may be given but nowt else....

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Demon1x" (Dec 19th 2011, 6:50pm)