You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "emm81" started this thread

Reg: Oct 6th 2009

Children: One daughter born Feb '11

Friday, December 9th 2011, 2:44pm

bourn hall waiting time

Hi all

I've booked a consultation at Bourn Hall for February to discuss trying for my second child via ivf - obviously this will have to be done privately this time (yikes!). Does anyone know from recent experience what the waiting time is likely to be to start? I assume there is no difference in waiting time whether going privately or with nhs funding. I was hoping to start in the summer so it could be done during the holidays as i'm a teacher and don't want anyone to know this time.

Thanks if anyone can reply xx

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, December 9th 2011, 4:38pm

The waiting list if you go private should be shorter. however as Bourn has taken on the NHS contract for IVF it may not be as short as it used to be. You would have to ask at the appointment.
(I'm a teacher too and I know how stressful it is to have to take the time off!)
Good luck xfingers

Reg: Jan 17th 2009

Children: 1 STEPSON 15 YEARS OLD & ONE DD 3 as a result of 1st ICSI :)

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 8:03pm

Emma i am at Bourn just now. We are undergoing FET. We had our consultation end of November & started this month. So you seem to be able to start pretty much from your next cycle if thats what you wish, so i am sure if your appointment is February the summer will be fine. At our appointment we where asked when we wanted to start & I just said ASAP as DH goes away end of Jan for 3 months so wanted it all done by then. Anyway :goodluck: with your next cycle of treatment when it comes :hugs:

Lets hope Bourn brings us both second babies in 2012 babydust
SCOTTIE
1st ICSI 09 - DD born :girl_blum:
Jan 12 FET - :BFN::-(
Our journey has ended...forever grateful for our miracle [zx160]

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE