You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

curly

• "curly" started this thread

Reg: Oct 19th 2010

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 3:57pm

*** Royal Jelly - when should I stop taking it? *** HELP

I am about to start my second attempt of IVF although this time we are trying ICSI instead. I have been taking RJ for about 2 months, 2 a day, one in the morning and one in the evening - totals 1000mg.

Is it safe to carry on taking it or should I stop once I start stage one of injections and DR? I want to have the best chance of success (like us all) but I also do not want to mess any effect the injections may have. I asked at the hospital and they said that they could not advise me for legal reasons.

So girls, what would you do? Carry on??

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 4:03pm

Hi Hun I was taking royal jelly and maca supplement for 3 months before and stopped taking it the week before as advised by the clinic they said to only carry on with pregnacare supplement through treatment. Hope that helps xxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, December 2nd 2011, 4:09pm

Hi there. I personaly took 2 a dayup to stimms then 3 a day during stims. I stopped at ec.
My clinic were fine with this. I can not love RJ anymore if i tred. I truly believe it was responsible for my double egg count and thus my daughter

However you must consult with your clinic as they are all different and i would hate for you to go against their reccomendations. X

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

curly

Monday, December 5th 2011, 9:09am

Thanks guys for your replies. I am really really confussed now. One says carry on and the other says stop. I really do not know what to do now. Anyone else can advise I would really appreaciate it.
I must say I am very tempted to carry it on until I start sims. I actually start DR on thursday and at the moment I am still taking 2 x day. Help......

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, December 5th 2011, 12:17pm

Curly - Please call your clinic & get advice from the professionals.
Xxx

[zx071]
MY DIARY

curly

Monday, December 5th 2011, 2:29pm

I have already asked at the clinic and they said they could not advise me on natural therapies!
So that was a waste of time. Whats why am asking anyone else out there that has had the same experience.

taxihome

United Kingdom

Monday, December 5th 2011, 2:57pm

Curly - You are probably going to get different answers from different people. I personaly would go with my gut. All i know is what I done & that you must'nt take them in pregnancy, thats why I stopped at EC.
Hopefuly someone else will be about soon but if it is different still it is just going to confuse you.
Why not google it & see what you get hon.

Good luck

[zx071]
MY DIARY