You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bess

• "bess" started this thread

Reg: Jul 4th 2011

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 6:01pm

Short protocol - HELP !

Hi ladies,

Need help from some of you short protocol experts ! I was due to start my short protocol on the arrival of a/f well over 1 week ago and, typically, she STILL has not shown up ! The clinic will not let me go beyond 5 December because they close down for Xmas, so they have told me if a/f does not turn up by 5 December then they will cancel this treatment. I am panicking like mad because I go to work away for about 4-6 months at the beginning of next year so if they cancel this treatment, I won't be able to have another go until the middle of next year !!! My question is - is there anything they can do to induce a period on a short protocol ? Has anyone ever had any experience of this? My clinic is not the best, they are very "computer says no" so you have to fight a bit if you want any kind of individual treatment.

Many thanks,

Bess xx
IVF 1 - m/c at 5 weeks
IVF 2&3 - BFN
FET1Sept 12- DS born May 13
FET2 Jan15 - mmc at 8 weeks 1 day ;(
IVF 4 Aug 15 - :BFP: woohoo :pray: :heart: seen at 8 and 10 weeks lurve babydust

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 6:41pm

Hi Bess,
sorry you are stressing. A/F will turn up, but please do a pregnancy test just in case. You are probably a bit stressed about it and this has delayed your ovulation, which in turn has delayed your a/f. You can take medication to bring on a bleed, but they need to be prescribed. Also as you are on the short protocol, they probably won't want you taking anything before hand. Unfortunately you just have to wait.
Take care.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE