You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Newly Wed" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Sunday, November 20th 2011, 11:10pm

Bronchiolitis

Looking for words of wisdom and reassurance.

Isabelle has always been a wheezy baby. She was 7 weeks prem, was ventilated at birth and spent 3 weeks in NICU/SCBU. She had a persistent wheeze throughout the winter culminating in bronchiolitis for which she spent 12 days in hospital in February/March.

She has just been diagnosed with bronchiolitis again. She has had mild cold like symptoms all week but I have been quite relaxed about it because it is not unusual, but last night I thought she was working harder to breath (nasal flare and recessing) so I took her to the out of hours GP. Turns out her sats were at 92% which he thought was the bottom of the acceptable range and he suggested we leave her overnight and review again this morning. This morning her sats were down to 90% so he decided to admit her to hospital. We then spent 5 hours in A&E being monitored and her sats were bouncing around between 89% and 94% and eventually they gave her a nebuliser and sent her home.

So now I am home with a sick child asleep upstairs and no way of knowing if her sats drop below an acceptable level or if she will be able to cry out if she needs to. The hospital monitors are a mixed blessing - although they tell you what is going on, they leave you feeling incredibly vulnerable without then.

If any one as experienced this I'd be grateful to hear from you.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Newly Wed" (Nov 20th 2011, 11:11pm)

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 21st 2011, 7:58am

Oh honey. No advice but thinking of you. Do what you think is best. Xxx

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, November 21st 2011, 8:22am

I think you need to phone your GP this morning, explain what happened and ask if they can give you an inhaler and a spacer with a face mask. that way you can administer the same drug she had via her nebuliser without a trip to hospital. I think you are a nurse, is that right? Remember we dealt with bronchiolitis before we had pulse oximeters. Is she on antibiotics? I also wonder if a short course of oral steroids might be a good idea? And when she is well, I think a flu vaccine might be good too. Hope she is better soon.

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Monday, November 21st 2011, 8:53am

Kaynan has had a similar problem since last Tuesday and I took him to the docs on Friday. He got an inhaler and face mask spacer and its worked really well. He still poorly but can at least sleep sometimes now.

Hope she is ok Hun.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

• "Newly Wed" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 22nd 2008

Children: Beautiful twin daughters and two grown up stepdaughters

Monday, November 21st 2011, 2:14pm

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond. Issie already uses inhalers with a spacer (plus montelukast granules) for asthma type problems but this is something different.

Anyway, I saw our regular GP this morning and she has decided that a massive dose of anti bios, prednesoline and a new purple inhaler (Seretide) is what she needed. Although I feel she has a tendency to over prescribe, on this occasion I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Newly Wed

ICSI December 2008 - chemical pregnancy
ICSI May 2009 - BFN
FET September 2009 - BFP
Beautiful twin girls born 30 April 2010

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 21st 2011, 9:45pm

I'm on seretide and it's ace. I couldn't have it for O though so she's on beclamethasone and ventolin.

Hope she starts feeling better soon.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE