You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "rianon" started this thread

Reg: May 30th 2010

Friday, October 28th 2011, 8:07pm

when did you go back to normal after ET children-wise?

My consultant said I shouldn't carry my daughter till pregnancy test but that sounds a bit too long for me (she can't walk yet). For how long did you not carry your little ones after ET? She is 20 lb at the moment and to be honest i really miss carrying her around although i have to add she is quite cute crawling after me. DH took a couple of days off so i don't actually have to pick her up but i would like to.

Thanks,
Rianon

taxihome

United Kingdom

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 5:36pm

Hi Rianon. I am not sure of the scientific thoughts but I would have thought it would be fine to carry her. I mean most people who get PG naturaly would not even know at this stage & be hoofing toddlers etc about.
I always thought that cuddling a baby can stimulate the hormones etc and make the body more in tune withgetting PG.

XX

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 9:41pm

Thank you dear Taxi for replying. I am trying to cuddle her as often as possible but still feel disabled as cannot even put her into her highchair, cot etc. normal routine things. She also misses me as whenever she sees me she comes as quick as possible on all fours for being picked up... What did your clinic tell you about lifting and carrying things after ET?

xxx Ria

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 10:50pm

Hi Rianon, congratulations on being PUPO. My clinic said not to lift my, then 22 month old, until OTD, so 14 days...but I know that varies so much clinic to clinic. Wishing you so much luck for your BFP xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Sunday, October 30th 2011, 8:14am

I tried not to lift my son until test day but there is always going to be occasions where you just have to.

Just try not to do too much and lift as little as possible- it is only for two weeks and if it helps it will be worth it.

Good luck hun blowkiss

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 8:10am

Hi Dusky and Gemma,

Thank you so much for your replies and well-wishes. I identified the most dangerous places (like highchair, cot or pushchair) and keep asking DH to sit DD on my lap :-) Good luck for you Dusky too for the coming FET. Is FET any easier than a fresh cycle? Gemma enjoy the pregnancy I can see you soon get to the stage when you can't lift your LO again :-)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 1:13pm

Hi hon, I had to rig up beanbags etc so that DD could climb in and out of her cot, and I took the legs off her highchair so that she could climb in, she was practically sitting on the floor bless her.

FET is a much easier process, just DR injections and HRT tablets and cyclogest pessaries for me. Obviously no stimming so far less stressful, and about £4,000 cheaper!!!

Hope the 2ww is going as quickly as possible for you, when is OTD? Xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

taxihome

United Kingdom

Tuesday, November 1st 2011, 5:12pm

Hi hon.

My clinic just said take it easy for first 48 hours then carry on as normal.
TBH I think all clinics vary with their guidelines though.
xxx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

Jasper

Reg: Feb 5th 2009

Children: A boy and girl - ICSI and a natural miracle!

What's Up?
soooooo happy!!!!!!

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 7:06pm

Like Taxi said it does seem to vary so much from clinic to clinic. My clinic were very much 'carry on as normal'. I have just got my second BFP which was natural so I wasn't even aware I was on the '2WW'! I am constantly picking up my little boy who is 34lb's!!! Now that I know that I am pg I do think a bit more about how I pick him up but there are just some things that you can't avoid.

Wishing you lots of luck.

Jaspers Journey-My Diary

Feb 15 Shock BFP (8 o)

Wednesday, November 2nd 2011, 7:26pm

Wow Jasper congratulations for your pregnancy!! It must have felt so great when you found out. Did you tell your DH before testing or was it a surprise to him? You can't really do surprises with IVF... By the way I don't think you need to worry about picking him up: you cannot harm the little one inside only yourself. You might be able to ask him to climb onto a chair for a cuddle :)

I wish my clinic was a bit less careful. I kept asking them when can I go back to sports but they keep telling me I don't want to regret it later. Sadly it is not known if there is a difference in implantation between natural and IVF pregnancy and I don't dare to test myself. I do beleive my consultant is over-cautios but then he is so busy with work that I don't think he has time to do sports so will never understand me.

Dusky you are hilarious! I love your creativity :-) I cannot copy it yet as DD is still to young but if we ever try again (rather not - I wish this one to work) I might use your method.

Well all in all I have already held DD couple of times but never actually lifted her. I say it here and now that if we get a negative result (but hoping and praying for a positive) I will not feel guilty as it is more important to care for an already existing child than to neglect her for somthing probable.

Thank you again for your lovely messages and the reassurance. Very true that every clinic is different and I am sure you cuddled your DGD a lot Taxi even during the 2 week wait.

xx Rianon

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rianon" (Nov 2nd 2011, 7:28pm)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE