You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Sez140" started this thread

Reg: Feb 25th 2009

Children: Alexander (March 2010) - the result of ICSI at Hammersmith

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 2:10pm

Trying again - what tests do we need?

Hello ladies,

We had an ICSI cycle back in 2009 which resulted in our fab little boy, Alex, being born in March 2010. After 10 months of trying naturally (without much hope to be honest because my husbands sperm was rubbish last time around!) we have an inital appointment next week to discuss another round of IVF. I can't wait to get the ball rolling again, it's amazing how differently I feel this time as compared to last time.

I wanted to quickly ask... I appreciate I will need another HIV test and I assume DH will have a sperm test (as that has been identified as being a big problem for us) but will I need an HSG? I had one before, which showed no problems, and obviously I've successfully carried and given birth to a baby since then. So do you think I'll need one? Do they do them second time around? Would prefer not to bother with it, obviously, but mostly I don't want it to delay us starting treatment by another month.

I am due to get AF any day now, so with the appointment next week, I was kinda hoping to start quickly, maybe even the following cycle. It's private, so I assume we can skip the waiting list?! Would really love to start cycling early December, but wondering if I'm getting my hopes up...?!

Thanks in advance for any replies. I've been having a nose through your diaries to remind myself of the process and of how all-consuming it is. Yikes. It's a lot to take on when you've already got a little one to worry about and consider... And Alex is priority number 1, obviously. But I really want to give him a little bro or sis, he'd love it. And probably be quite jealous I suspect! That'll be fun to deal with!

Sending love and babydust to everyone, Sarah xxx
May09:ICSI-sperm issues
Jul09: BFP! DS born Mar10
Jan12: ICSI-LOR-BFP-lost at 3 days
May12: looking 4 donor eggs

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 2:36pm

Hi Sarah and welcome to 'Trying Again'. My DH has an almost non-existent sperm count due to a poor vasectomy reversal (apparently a few escape occasionally...). Our DD was born in July 2009 after a fresh ICSI cycle. When we went back in May for an FET I didn't have to have another HIV test and they didn't do a repeat sperm test on DH either. I don't know about an HSG has I didn't have one of those either time... We had to go privately too and just had to wait about 2 months due to the clinic being busy. Were you on the OCP for a while last time?

Sorry I can't be of more help but I am sure somebody will be along soon with more answers. Wishing you lots of luck with your treatment so you can make Alex a big brother very soon :) Getting back on the rollercoaster is such an exciting time! xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 2:52pm

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the reply. I've been having a read through your diary, hope you don't mind, just need to get myself back into "the zone" again, and re-learn all the terminology. What's OCP?! Sorry if I'm being stupid!

Last time was just amazing, with Alex, because it didn't seem to be going very well during the cycle and then bingo - it worked! I have to keep telling myself that we probably won't get that lucky again... We don't have anything frozen, so it's a full, fresh cycle for us again. Blimin' expensive!

Good news that you didn't need HSG etc - really hoping we don't either.

Thanks again for the reply - sending you an enormous heap of babydust and lots of PMA too, Sarah xxx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 3:06pm

OCP is oral contraceptive pill. Though fresh is more expensive and a bigger roller coaster it does have far better results. Sending you lots of babydust too, really hope this cycle is as amazing as your last. Don't mind you reading my diary at all, if you don't mind wading through the waffle :snigger: Look forward to following your journey too xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 4:00pm

Cheers!

Ah, OCP - got it! No, I wasn't last time, so hoping not to do that this time either.

Yes, there are benefits to a full fresh cycle, but cost certainly isn't one of them! I am dreading handing over the debit card to pay for this little lot. If it works, then obviously it'll be a bargain, but if it doesn't then it's a very expensive failure! I'd really like a carbon-copy of my last cycle to be honest, I'd pay extra for that!

Thanks again for your replies, xxx

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 8:42pm

Hi Hun

Quick post cause on my mobile.

Just wanted to say welcome to trying again and good luck. As you can see from me it certainly can work again.

I don't know about hsg cause never been tested. And as dh has no sperm anyway due to vasectomy and failed reversal no sperm test for us.

If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask.x

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: Jan 29th 2009

Children: Our gorgeous son was born 16/7/2010

Saturday, October 29th 2011, 2:04pm

Hi Sarah!
Firstly, welcome to the trying again section and :goodluck: with ttc a brother or sister for Alex! babydust
I think it will all depend on your clinic as to what tests they do. We have just self referred back to our clinic as ttc naturally hasn't produced a BFP for us yet after nearly 5 months. I have just been for an amh blood test and follicle scan and dh has had to do another semen analysis. We have unexplained infertility but last time dh was tested his results were good. We also have to have all the other hiv/hep blood tests again. We are having to go for another full fresh cycle as we don't have any frozen embies but just waiting for our review appointment next week to see what they say.
Hope your app. goes well nxt week and you don't have to wait too long before you can start again. xfingers Let us know how you get on :)
:xxx3:

Oct/Nov 09 - 1st IVF :BFP:
Jan 2012 - Short Protocol ICSI :BFP:
7 wk scan 2/3/12 One [zx076] seen

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 1:44pm

Update!

Hi All,

Thanks for all the lovely replies. Much appreciated. :-)

Had our appointent this week and the answer to my question is: They want ALL the tests again this time around. Grrrr! So we have to get bloods done, scan done, HSG done and sperm test done. A total cost of over £800. Ouch!

The plan is that next cycle I'll have all these tests (which will be timed around my 35th birthday - that'll be nice!) and then start the one after - I'm due on right before Christmas, so now hoping the 4 day clinic closure for Christmas doesn't affect anything. Of course, if I have the long protocol that I had last time, then the drugs don't start until day 21, so the Xmas closure should have no impact on it... I think! It should mean the drugs start around 10th-15th January. I keep thinking "if it works then my due date will probably be October..." - which is just so dangerous to my state-of-mind. It won't help to be making plans to leave work, have a winter baby before we've even started..!

The review appointment was interesting. He looked at our "numbers" and agreed that the cycle didn't go so well last time around - low number of eggs (4) and a low fertilitsation rate (50%). But he said our embryos were great, really strong, and confirmed that there's a lot of luck involved - which we clearly had last time around. He said he'd review the test results from this time and then decide treatment based on that, but that we'd probably do exactly what we did last time, because it worked.

Anyway, I'm nattering! But wanted to add that they asked for ALL the tests to be repeated this thread, in case someone else is searching for the answer to that question...

Wishing everyone well, sprinkling babydust as I go, Sarah xxx

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, November 14th 2011, 10:29am

Sarah!! How did I miss this!!

How are you?? How is the little man?? Not so little I bet!!

So exciting that you're going again!

So good to see you back!

:cuddle

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

Monday, November 14th 2011, 3:48pm

Hi Flic! :)

How you doin'? How's motherhood treating you?!

All is good with me, little Alex is amazing. I'm absolutely loving being a mum - and he's a really special, bright, funny litle boy - and a little terror too!

[img]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150368629211656&set=a.10150111924851656.280749.529476655&type=3&theater[/img]

Good to hear from you!

Sarah xxx

Reg: May 30th 2010

Tuesday, November 15th 2011, 1:19am

Hi Sarah,

Definitely have last cycle repeated if you can it is wise of you to think that way wish we did the same! After our first succesful ICSI cycle clinic changed things - and made a total mess ending up with rubbish embryos and a failed cycle in the end... Hope you have better luck!!!

x Rianon

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Wednesday, November 23rd 2011, 8:04am

Hey,

It won't let me look at your pic :sadface:

Motherhood is fab. I sounds like A. She's so good but sooooooo stubborn it's ridiculous. She's so independent too.

But I love it.

So good to see you chick.

Xxx

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!