You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "monique345" started this thread

Reg: Oct 24th 2011

Monday, October 24th 2011, 4:52pm

CRGH

I'm currently getting my treatment in CRGH.

We chose this clinic as the success rate is fairly good.

But I must say there are some uncertainties and disappointments, and confusions more I progress in the treatment...

It might be just because of me, feeling worried and anxious or sensitive.

But I don't find the receptionists very helpful, no smile. Waiting room is always full of people waiting for hours. I saw some ladies getting really annoyed by many hours wait. Some were screaming. I don't know if that's the same in any other clinics, too but you will definitely need headphones and nice music or a good book when you go there.

The doctor does smile, but he explains stuff in bullet speed so 200 pound consulting can be done in 10 minutes, after waiting for an hour or two.

Trying to get in touch with a nurse is another hussle. First, you will be put in hold for long time, and after they tell you the nurse will call you back. And this is a day long wait (If they ever get back to you... but at least, you are not in that depressing waiting room).

Total IVF cost is around 7800pounds, but in my case using my husband's frozen sperm they need to do ICSI which costs around 9000pounds.

As long as they can make sucess, that's all it matters I guess. But from happy and warm images on their brouchure and the amount we are spending, my expectation for the clinic was maybe too high for the reality.

I'm at half way through the treatment, and already stressed and want to finish this off as quick as possible and never want to go back to that place.

I put this thread hoping that this thread would help somebody for getting some images of the clinic, or they would improve their way.

If anybody has good experience/success in this clinic, I would be more than happy to hear. So I can think that I'm wrong and keep the faith in them to carry on.

Monique

pinklily

Reg: Feb 1st 2012

Wednesday, February 1st 2012, 5:23pm

CRGH

Hi Monique

Sorry to hear that you are not very happy with CRGH.

I am currently having IUI treatment with Homerton hospital, thinking of moving to CRGH for IVF in the near future, as you said the success rate is fairly high.

Any luck with your treatment?

pinklily

tinkercc

Reg: Feb 23rd 2012

Children: Daughter 2 1/2 years old

Wednesday, February 29th 2012, 10:35am

Feedback on CRGH

I have been a private patient since 2008 (aged 37) and have been very impressed by the clinic. They are very thorough and professional and I always get the impression that they are very knowledgeable and doing the best for me.

Having said that, I have noticed a change since December 2011 in the service. It can be really hard to get a callback from the doctors and nurses (it used to be within an hour or so) and sometimes hard to find a space for appointments. And yes there is a lot of waiting around and late being seen. I think they are a victim of their own success and need to increase capacity.

That said, I would recommend them but you have to keep on them and push if you're not happy with service. I have one beautiful 2.5 year old and sadly one termination for medical reasons last year. So out of two treatment cycles that is impressive. I'm now 41 and embarking on cycle 3 which is less hopeful given age and results, but I have to keep hoping.

x

Dennis

Reg: Mar 1st 2012

Thursday, March 1st 2012, 12:03pm

I am not completely confident in CRGH

I just had to join this chat because I was discussing the way I feel as a patient at CRGH with my husband, last night.

I have been a patient with CRGH since November 2011 and I have to say, that from the moment we were greeted at reception on our initial consultation, it has not been a great experience.

On that particular day, the receptionist did not smile at all and hardly lifted her head to greet us. Our consultation felt rushed and we both came out of it feeling very confused.

When we decided to progress with IVF, I put the call in to start a treatment cycle but of course, I had never done this before and I didn't know what to ask for. The receptionist was unhelpful and I felt foolish. I then reminded her that this was a very important decision that we were about to undertake. To be fair, she did then react positively and she got one of the nurses to call me back.

I have had two failed Natural Cycles at CRGH (in fact both never reached theatre) but I really don't want any of you to think this is sour grapes towards the clinic, there have been some very nice consultants that I have seen, in particular Dr Saab and Mr Salim.
However, what I would say is, that throughout this process I have had to be constantly checking in with them. When I have called and left messages for people to call back, 9 times out of 10 I have to call back again and chase them.
The receptionists are OK. Some are better than others but it is not a very welcoming place.

Like TinkerCC said, you have to keep on them but really, wouldn't it be nice if the consultant actually read your notes before they saw you. Wouldn't it be nice if the Nurse actually read your notes before you saw them. Wouldn't it be nice if your consultant called you back within the day (I've just waited 8 days for my consultant to call me back).

I agree with TinkerCC in that I think they have bitten off more than they can chew. They seem very busy and this is detrimental to their patient care.
I have been very disappointed with the care received and I wouldn't recommend them for that alone.

Reg: Mar 19th 2012

Monday, March 19th 2012, 8:46pm

Disappointed

Went for our first meeting 2 weeks ago. Wife was excited so was I.

What can I say. Well

- new patients are taken to a nice new shiny room and quick fire consultation - lots of facts and ideas no view on whats going to happen when you leave.
- existing patients look annoyed and stressed and wait long hours in a crappy waiting room that looks like a train station waiting room - its a different waiting room to the one new patients see.

- the consultant took a call during out appointment or was finishing up a call and he seemed very flippant.

- ok lets ignore the rooms.

- lets talk about how i was clearly told and my wife was told that we would be called back and we were not. This is 2 days after we went to see them. New patient care is ridiculous - you would think that with the amount of money we are throwing at them they would have a better process.

it is unfair to say that these boys are a victim of their own success - what victims? they are making money anyway - its the patients that are the victims.

- are they understaffed? Yes seems so
- are you told you'll be called back? yes. are you called back? no. Even when my wife asked if the doctor would call her back - she was told yes yes yes. no one called.

- what they need to do is train up the receptionists to talk to patients in the right way. its not hmv where we are asking for a dvd. its a medical centre that has to identify and understand patient needs. its not a call centre. each person has a different need.

- so angry that we travelled 2 hours there and back, we paid £200+ had high hopes only to find that things have gone down hill. Patient care is 100% what this should be about. They should get more staff and train them up and ensure patients are well looked after (which includes RETURNING calls, a clear price sheet, an idea of what to expect, who to talk to etc).

Its not acceptable to say you have the highest rates in the country - and then treat people like crap because you do - thereby making people feel that they have to go through this or they are unlikely to have a baby. My wife would be even more upset and stressed out with this lack of support - why go here? such a shame. In some ways we feel robbed or have tomake a decision to put up with it.

it is not right to have to put up with this just because they have good rates. if they treated clients and CLIENTS is what we are with better management then there rates would improve and people would say good things.

Thinking about AGRC - if you are going to be treated like this you might as well go where there is a higher chance and they will be nice to you.

Very angry and have a disappointed wife. It is not reassuring to have them behave like this so early on. I really do think we are not the only people who have experienced this.

Thank you all for your posts. We won't be going here.

Jon