You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 21 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Demon1x" started this thread

Reg: Jul 16th 2011

Children: 2 - fantastic sons, we are so very lucky!

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 3:46pm

Standard Male Factor Testing?

Right I know the testing for male factor may differ from clinic to clinic but I am interested in what is considered common practice in diagnosing male factor issues?

Now minimum tests I would expect:

1.Semen Analysis on at least 2-3 seperate occasions if "abnormal result" occurs on primary SA. check count/motility/morphology/concentration/agglutination/volume/signs of infection or immuno issues

2. Physical examination - Dr / Urologist checking for abnormalities - variocele / hydrocele / undescended etc / signs of infection etc

3.Blood test for Hormone levels (LH/FSH/Testosterone/prolactin)

4. Testicular Ultrasound - to check for anything that isn't clear on the external physical examination

Are there any other tests that a fertility clinic should offer/specify ? - can fellow male factor guys / experts recommend anything further that should be checked out. Thanks :thumbup:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Demon1x" (Oct 23rd 2011, 3:47pm)

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 3:55pm

All my male friends with problems have had the 4 tests you have mentioned. I don't know if there ate any more. Someone with more knowledge will probably give you more answers.

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 4:00pm

Yeah apart from the 4 I've listed I can't think of any other inital tests, DNA fragmentation or Testicular Biopsy, Insulin resistance testing are only other tests I can think of.

Cheers Maria :thumbsup: , I'll see if Paul has any thoughts on the matter

Mr C

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 30th 2008

Children: Blessed with NonId Twin Girls!

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 6:19pm

I didn't have the ultrasound.

I had 2 SA tests, 3months apart. Blood tests and a "very short and quick" physical analysis.

They got enough info from those tests to know it was ICSI required.
Our Diary
ISCI 1 - Mar/Apr 2009 - :BFN: ICSI 2 - Dec/Jan 2010 - :BFN: ISCI 3 - Mar/Apr 2010 - :BFP:
Our twin girls were born at 38 weeks on 21st December 2010. Feeling very blessed.

Sunday, October 23rd 2011, 7:28pm

Physical does tend to be a quick once over, I don't think Dr can tell too much from this - just a look for variocele or
obvious abnormalities. Think ultrasound maybe way ahead to check testis further

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 21 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE