You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

MrsW

Ace

• "MrsW" started this thread

Reg: Feb 27th 2008

Children: None but so ready to be a mummy

Sunday, October 16th 2011, 9:58pm

Follow Up Appointment advice wanted...

Hi guys,
We are having our following up appointment next week after our 2nd failed cycle of IVF. I just wanted to ask for advice on questions you think I should now be asking our consultant.
We cannot go though another cycle without further investigations/answers, I know some of you have had immune testing etc ? Can you offer any advice ?

Thanks x x x

Me 33 DH 34 Unexplained Infertility. Trying for almost 8 years
4 Failed attempts at IUI June 2008 - May 2009.
IVF August 2009. :BFN:
November 15th 2009 .. FET :BFN:
April 2010. 2nd attempt at IVF. Cycle Cancelled.
August 2011: IVF 1 Blastocyst Transferred. :BFN:

Still with hope.

My Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Monday, October 17th 2011, 5:15pm

As you have had the unexplained infertility diagnose and had 3 failed cycle I would ask about immune testing. Check these:
INITIAL AND FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO IMMUNOLOGY

Reg: Nov 26th 2009

Children: none as yet! HOPING 2012 WILL BE OUR YEAR

Monday, October 17th 2011, 6:06pm

Hi Hun sorry it hasn't worked again for you. I to have had 2 failed icsi and just about to start round 3 next week. At our 2nd follow up we were told they couldn't see any particular reason for it not working so we asked about immune tests and he agreed we should have them done before another round. got the consult to give us a list of what we needed testing and the price list and away we went.
All done and good job we did we have 25% DNA match so quarter of our embries would be seen as a variant of me and would fail and also I have low progesterone so no implantation. We are having this next cycle with full immune drugs and intrelipids so it well worth you asking all the info on these. Some clinics will try and deter you as it not widely supported yet.
Good luck Hun xxxxxx

MY DIARY

TTC SINCE JULY 2008
ME 34 ( couple of immune issues Inc low progestrone)
DP 40 LOW [zx151] COUNT
2 x ICSI 2010/2011 = BFN's :bawl:
Icsi no.3 with immune meds nov 2011 = BFN! :bawl:
Round no.4 FET March 2012

MrsW

Ace

• "MrsW" started this thread

Reg: Feb 27th 2008

Children: None but so ready to be a mummy

Tuesday, October 18th 2011, 10:31pm

Thank you guys, Mistykins How are the tests carried out ? are they very expensive ? I am convinced that my body it attcking the embrios, we have had IUI four or five times now, IVF x2 and all BFN, After TTC for 7 years, and being given the label of 'unexplained infertility' I want more answers. I don't think they do these tests at our hospital but will ask.

I hope you are keeping well. x x

Me 33 DH 34 Unexplained Infertility. Trying for almost 8 years
4 Failed attempts at IUI June 2008 - May 2009.
IVF August 2009. :BFN:
November 15th 2009 .. FET :BFN:
April 2010. 2nd attempt at IVF. Cycle Cancelled.
August 2011: IVF 1 Blastocyst Transferred. :BFN:

Still with hope.

My Diary

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 9:15pm

The tests are expensive. I am at the argc and I paid about £900. Maybe shop around and see. Bear in mind that this is all new theories and the NHS does not pay for these at the moment.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE