You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "barbapapa" started this thread

Reg: Aug 8th 2011

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 11:31am

are you supposed to ovulate around the same day every month with your clomid cycles?

So I am just coming to the end of my second round of 50mg Clomid, taken CD2-6. On the first round I ovulated on day 15, as pinpointed by charting, and luteal phase was also 15 days. On the second round my temps are a bit ambiguous (thermal shift quite gradual) but it looks like I have ovulated on day 14 (the 'bottom' of the shift, if you see what I mean). But I'm now on DPO18, with no AF, temps still high, and just got a BFN. What on earth is going on?? I wondered whether I ovulated a bit later than my temps / CM would both suggest but I was under the impression that clomid regulates the cycle such that every month is more or less the same. Is that right? It would take a 4-5 day difference for my luteal phase to be the same as last months'....head starting to spin....

On a related matter, can anyone tell me whether charting is enough to go on to pinpoint ovulation on clomid cycles? My consultant just scanned me on day 21 in the first cycle and confirmed ovulation, but I hear so many women talking about progesterone results etc. that I haven't been offered? Should I ask?

Bit more about me: - started trying June 09, miscarried at 8 weeks December 10. Polycystic ovaries, 1000mg metformin, 2 months' clomid. Sigh........

Thanks so much for reading xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "barbapapa" (Oct 8th 2011, 11:32am)

Reg: Oct 9th 2010

Children: Twins a healthy boy/girl and a baby boy in heaven xx

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 12:48pm

Hi Barba, I was on clomid and in my experience my cycles have varied in length from 31days to 36days. It does regulate them to an extent as i use to go without a period for months but with clomid, my cycles varied by around 5 days.
I haven't taken temps before so couldnt really comment on that. Perhaps wait until monday then contact ur clinic and see what they suggest hun.

Best of luck to you xxx
Dec 2011 beautiful angel baby5 twins Nov 2012 :boy: :girl:

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 8:32pm

Hiya,

A progesterone test is the only real way of knowing if ovulation has taken place. 7 days after ovulation there is a sharp rise in progesterone. This is why it is usually tested on day 21.

To be sure you have ovulated your progesterone should be over 30. This is what is considered to be 'safe' and means you have definitely ovulated and can sustain a pregnancy.

I would go back to your cons and ask for the bloods.

The scans should be checking for overstimmulation and should be performed around day 10 onwards.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

• "barbapapa" started this thread

Reg: Aug 8th 2011

Monday, October 10th 2011, 5:18pm

Hi, thanks for your responses. Just to let you know that after some further internet research I think the answer to the clomid question is that with some ladies it turns them into clockworks and others it still varies quite a bit.
I found another possible explanation for a over-long luteal phase with BFN and that is a corpus luteum cyst - clomid increases the chance of getting these. Whether I had one or not who knows, it is back to square 1 anyway for me as got AF this morning.
I guess I will ask consultant about bloods after round 3. xfingers

Reg: Jul 16th 2011

Children: 2 - fantastic sons, we are so very lucky!

Monday, October 10th 2011, 7:45pm

My darlig wifey's cycle has been any where from 2-4 days later than usual (28day) whilst taking clomid or had intermittent spotting and then a late AF.
So in answer to your question clomid may/can alter your cycle length. But as long as progesterone over 30-35nmol your ovulating 88)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE